Star Wars: Battlefront Legacy

Post everything from general questions, to modding questions, to map WIPs to releases. (SWBF1 only)

Moderator: Moderators

giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Star Wars: Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

What is Star Wars: Battlefront Legacy? It's my first large-scale SWBF mod for the original game in a really long time (the last being Main Play Mod 6). It aims to draw from what I think to be the best parts of the entire Star Wars Battlefront franchise. I've kept the general layout of the sides (Soldier, Heavy, Pilot/Engineer, Sniper, Special) but revamped them to feel more unique. The first 'Phase' of this mod was released in 2016 and people seemed to really enjoy that. I've been working on a second 'Phase' which originally was meant to just add maps but wound up being a 'mini-revamp' all its own.

The mod is currently going through some troubleshooting regarding some players having model issues, but I'm also endeavouring to make it GameToast safe, as up to this point I've been utilising a certain small amount of EA sound effects, but the next release aims to expunge all the EA sound assets from my mod which will allow it to be posted here, which is why I now feel I can post about it here. At this stage, this will be a '0.9' release, which adds Jabba's Palace to the main map rotation, Naboo: Prototype (as Naboo: Outpost) and Hero TDM at Mos Eisley. A '1.0' release will add in a lot of back-ported SWBF2 maps, and the plan is to release further 'packs' that contain maps made compatible with this mod. At present I'm also playing with a 1.2 exe that disables hero death at 25 reinforcements and AI jumping out of vehicles and turrets at 20.

Eventually, I want to translate this all to SWBF2 once Phase 2 is complete.

Here's a small selection of screens to tide you over in the meantime.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
DOWNLOAD COMING SOON

Credits:

-Pandemic for the Mod Tools, and LucasArts for the game.
-Autodesk for Softimage Mod Tool 7.5
-ANDEWEGET for ZETools.
-DarthD.U.C.K. for Jetpack addon mesh.
-BattleBelk for "core.lvl" tool, Interface Rebuilder, Shell Rebuilder and Mission Rebuilder tools.
-Sereja for fixed Imperial Probe Droid and weapon models.
-Free Radical for the assets from Star Wars: Battlefront III.
-LucasArts for the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed assets.
-nick.dob for the DRK-1 Probe Droid model.
-Krome Studios for the Stormtrooper and some parts based off the 501st Stormtrooper.
-John Williams, Mark Griskey and Ben Burtt for their work on the sound of Star Wars.
-LucasArts, Rebellion Developments and Pandemic Studios for SWBF sound effects.
-No assets from Star Wars Battlefront (2015) or Star Wars Battlefront II (2017) were used in the making of this mod.

If I've left anyone out, I apologise, but you have been a great help for getting this mod finished. So to those I didn't mention but did use assets, thank you.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Star Wars: Battlefront Legacy

Post by Teancum »

Bravo, my friend! I love that people still keep SWBF1 alive, and that we get touches of that here at Gametoast. I've always thought you put together top-notch stuff, and honestly it makes me miss the best bits of SWBF1. Man, that HUD was gorgeous, and I miss going prone!
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Thank you :)

Here's a video of somebody playing the Clone Wars campaign from the current release to show you the sort of things I've been doing (The Clone Wars era never used any SWBFEA sounds)

(By the way, I absolutely hated the E5C sound from SWBFEA2, so I opted to go with a completely different sound that to me works so much better as opposed to something similar)
Dasher
Private Third Class
Projects :: Loronar Jade Moon
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Dasher »

Bravo!
I really can't believe that there's still players out there who do mods for SWBF1! It's the game it all started with and I have to agree with Teancum, it's great that people still keep the game that's most valued to many of us alive! I remember seeing the trailer on TV and being gobsmacked, I couldn't stop playing for days :cpu: Nice job :thumbs:
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

I'm hoping to have the aforementioned issue with models fixed this week, so the Gametoast-friendly version will be coming then.

Thanks to Sereja's releases, I'm also going to be bringing some of his maps in (which were incompatible with previous versions of my mod - it turns out if you have a custom common.lvl the game will hang when trying to load them).