Mustafar conversion issue.

Post everything from general questions, to modding questions, to map WIPs to releases. (SWBF1 only)

Moderator: Moderators

giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Mustafar conversion issue.

Post by giftheck »

I've found something of an... interesting bug when I tried to do a fresh conversion of Mustafar from SWBF2 to SWBF. Now, the map itself doesn't appear to need any tinkering bar the removal of barriers to work as intended, but there is one odd thing I noticed, and this occurs with the old scum/strike conversion too (which is what guided my decision to attempt a fresh conversion).

On the walkway to the east of the map, south of the processing vanes, there is a strong orange light when you face a certain direction (south). I've tried to disable the effects on the object (mus_bldg_walkway) and I've tried disabling effects in the sky file, but the light persists. Any idea why this is and how I might resolve it?
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Re: Mustafar conversion issue.

Post by thelegend »

I am not sure what you are describing exactly. Would it be possible to post an in-game screenshot of that light?
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Sure thing:

I've done everything suggested to me to try and resolve the issue. The only thing I can think of would be the horizon causing the issue - those lights are the same colour as those that are suppose to 'erupt' from certain points in the horizon. If memory serves me, though, I've already removed those entries.

EDIT: Those entries in the .sky file are still there. I'll remove them and see if that fixes anything.

EDI #2: That made no difference, the issue persists.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

Looks like a glowing issue to me. I am not an expert for BF1 but would the light still remain if you "removed" the entire walkway? First it would be important to find out if it's an effect's issue, or a model issue. Maybe thee is something that doesn't belong there or maybe it is something made for BF2 but it's not compatible with BF1. Maybe it is the _lowrez model or the default one. I am not sure so testing around would be the most ideal way.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

It still occurs after deleting the walkway.
Hidden/Spoiler:
CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: BUC and Designated Days
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+EAW+Subnautica
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by CdtFox »

I remember a having similar issue. One of the map's mesh was missing it's textures. What I would suggest is to check every model. If it doesn't work try removing the glow of the skydome model