Eddie's New Death Star

Post everything from general questions, to modding questions, to map WIPs to releases. (SWBF1 only)

Moderator: Moderators

eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Eddie's New Death Star

Post by eddie »

Some things worked out so I am making new death star map from the schratch. Terrain template is mod1 since is clean. I've managed to import 18 vehicle spawns and each side has 9 flyers with real respawning. Also, I have all three types of bots for each side. There is also one nutreal comand post in the middle of the map. AIs are behaving great as well as flyers in the air. I have two small turrets on imp side (still do not know how to move AAT's from bespin). Sky and floor textures are also redesigned. Nose down with flyers also works. Map is imported with 4 sectors, unlimited fly, solders do not die at spawn bla bla..

You can see progress at:

http://www.eline.ba/Default.aspx?tabid=155

TODO:
- bring AAT's from bespin (I have calls for AAT's in wrld section, just no definition in top part of level.lvl: textured, modl....) *EDIT: Done and done!
- clean that orange color far away from flyers : "action in the air"
- clean yellow color on objects (fightning)
- allign flyers on the ground to face enemy flags (just need time to do it) *EDIT: Done!
- flyers on the ground self-destruct after a while?!? *EDIT: Done! (increased selfdestruct to after 99 sec for now)
- import buildings of some kind
Last edited by eddie on Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

Yes you are right, so if the are not in Control then they decay as they are abounded - makes sense!

Fred: can you explain that section for me. I know you already talked about this but I have hard time finding it:
45 - respawn time
20 - ?
40 - ?
10 - decay time

---------------------------
EDIT::: Thanks to Dorsai's suggestion AAT's are in! I finally found a way to import them in my map. Empire is now ready to cut some wings off! Use the link from above for screeshot.
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

New Death Star v0.4 is out

Post by eddie »

This is the first map that take advantage of map1 mod logic. NTS if someone else comes up with new map in the future (as mod1) = name collision.

Anyhow, the new death star is out! This map is stand alone "Add On" map which will not INTRFEAR with your existing maps. It will show up just above jabba's map.

see some screens at:

http://www.eline.ba/Default.aspx?tabid=155

EDIT: " Due to my company policy I can not host large files anymore on my server so all fututre downloads will be at gametoast.com"

Soon, i will move it to GameToast., so you will take advantage of much faster download - and "yes" TK- it is in Zip format for all of you (not like rar much) to enjoy!

Follow the instructions from my site (just navigate zip to AddOn folder), and you will be fine....

Now, all commets are more than appriciated.

eddie.
Last edited by eddie on Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visceral

Post by Visceral »

If you could give a step-by-step of how you converted mod1 to this map, that would absolutely rock.
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

ahhm, how?

EDIT* This is not MY post! I have changed password. I would not know how to spell ahhm...
I was a sleep when this post was posted.
Last edited by eddie on Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Visceral

Post by Visceral »

What do you mean, "how"?!!! You took mod1 and made it this map. I'm asking you, "HOW did you do that?" Could you please explain it, so that others can also benefit from this knowledge?
vindictive

Post by vindictive »

Good map. You still wow me how you put this together with hexing.
I know some people won't know where to put the file so I was going to ask why don't you have the file in a self install program.

Anyway, here's a self install file for you.
http://home.comcast.net/~chdurante/Eddi ... tar0.4.exe
HowardBusch

Post by HowardBusch »

Great Fun.
Couple things I noticed.

Imps crash 1/4 the time during takeoff.

Imps try and land on top of each other at the center CP

From the center AAT you can straife the area of the rebel CP & do lots of damage to the guys just standing around. Add a structure directly in the line of fire to prevent this.

When you shoot down a reb fighter you dont get the message xxx has killed yyy. When you straife the reb CP with the center AAT reb fighters will just fall out of the sky. probably related.

Remove the birds

Reb fighters still decay.

For a future wish list can a trench be added with a destroyable CP at the end.
Visceral

Post by Visceral »

HowardBusch wrote:Imps try and land on top of each other at the center CP
This is a flaw in the AI. I frequently notice it playing Bespin Platforms in singleplayer - it appears the AI is not programmed to check if there's already a vehicle on the ground underneath it when it wants to land. Recently I saw a TIE bomber with an X-Wing next to it and TWO X-Wings landed on top of them at odd angles. Bots kept landing there, jumping out to take the CP, then getting killed or running off, leaving the pilotless ships there for other bots to land on top of when the CP changed hands again.
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

So someone posted a message as my last night?!?! This is no kool. Anyhow, I will make "how to" when I have time. I just got into major project so my time will be limited.

Howard: Any luck getting checksum?

Thank you guys for comments.

EDIT:
Imps crash 1/4 the time during takeoff. * dont know how

Imps try and land on top of each other at the center CP * stupid guys, do not know how to fix

From the center AAT you can straife the area of the rebel CP & do lots of damage to the guys just standing around. Add a structure directly in the line of fire to prevent this. * This is possible!

When you shoot down a reb fighter you dont get the message xxx has killed yyy. When you straife the reb CP with the center AAT reb fighters will just fall out of the sky. probably related. * spawn problem, i will fix it

Remove the birds * dont like space birds I see, he he removed soon

Reb fighters still decay. *I know after 99 sec I could expend control area

For a future wish list can a trench be added with a destroyable CP at the end.

*Trench? Do not have a clue where to start. Good chanelge tho!
*Destroyable CP?!? Are you creazy? Is there any destroyable CP in existing levels? I was thinking of moving shield generator from hoth...

EDIT** "ask why don't you have the file in a self install program. " Tried yours, it does not make root (Eddie_DeathStar) folder. Good idea I will make sell-extracts in the future.
Last edited by eddie on Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

Eddie New Death Star/Mod1 Manual

First I would like to underline that I do not remember how I did all things for New Death Star but hopefully you will have enough info for making your own maps.

AddMe script:

As of now, we have to use one of existing unique names. I used Mod1 so it does not overwrite existing levels. Problem is when you guys start making new levels we will start overwriting each other. Hopefully we will have checksum problem solved. Also, I "x"ed side_c as I only wanted GCW – Galactic Civil War.

Mission.lvl:

Basically I took original game's mission.lvl, cut rest of the stuff beside Bes1a and change size markers and checksum for mod1 and bes1a to mod1a. Also path to file is changed from BES/bes1.lvl to dc:DST/d.lvl. Notice that size (number of characters) did not change.

That is it. Mission for bes1a has everything alredy defined.

d.lvl

Took mod1.lvl as base since it is clean.

Now this is major trick. Let us say that d.lvl has to section: before wrld and after wrld.

I took bespins (bes1.lvl) wrld section. So highlight wrld and everything after from bes1.lvl and paste over wrld in d.lvl. Now only thing left is to change size marker on the top of the file (5,6,7,8 –byte from top). See size of your d.lvl in ultraedit - 8, use calculator to convert to hex and enter it in these bytes. So if calc givves you 1ABCD you should enter it as CD AB 01 00.

Try the game and you will see that it loads but you can not spawn.

Now let us arange objects. Using my other guide we know how to move objects around.

Why we can not spawn. Well, the controlzones are named cp9, cp10.... In section for spawning coordinates (go on top of the file and search for PNTS) spawn points are named cp1spawn, cp2spawn.... rename these to cp16 or cp13 where ever you want to spawn around. Now top portion of d.lvl is from mod1 and it has only to cpspawn areas. I took third one from org bes1 map and I use it for neutral flag. Other flags did not dissapear they are on top of each other.

Textures:
Used BViewer to extract textures and then edit/hex/copy back to level.

Major chalange was AAT's (the same applies to tower).

First you have to copy skel section for AAT. Above skel section you have to copy tex_ that AAT's use. You alredy have calls for AAT so you just have to adjust them (coordinates).

For building (tower) the same but you do not have calls for tower in wrld section. So I copied calls from bas2 and copy over something similar in d.lvl. (PROP.... 148 bytes I believe).

I know this manual is short = no time,

Buy, eddie.
Captain_Murphy

Post by Captain_Murphy »

There is a destroyable CP in the game. The clone's southern-most command post on genosis
HowardBusch

Post by HowardBusch »

The endor bunker is a destroyable CP. That was whare I got the idea.

Still no results on the checksum.
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

Howard/Murphy: endor buker you say....I will try but I think there is more to it then just transfering tex_ and stuff...But hey, chalange....
I might try with hoth generator again.
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Version 0.5

Post by eddie »

I have made version 0.5 of new death star. More buildings, more xwings, more AATs). I've also played with objects (AAT on top of round platform)

I can not release mod since i can not host at my comapny's server anymore. Guru made me folder here for my stuff but I am having hard time uploading large files. Once we fix this feel free to download it...
Dragonum
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Dragonum »

Hi eddie,
great work.
i have a question about vehicle for eddie or psychofred.
you have a lot xwing and tiefighter on this map.
i tried to change vehicles on a map, but there spwan not all vehicles i changed in my map.
is there a limit for all types of viehicles in all maps maps.
example, i put 5 gunships and 2 atte`s in the map.
bevore i do this, there are 2 fightertanks and 2 jedistarfighter.
wenn i start the map after this change, i have only 3 gunships on the map.
so i thougt, there is al limit for max. vehicles.
is this right, when yes, where i can change the limit.

thanks dragonum
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

Dragonum:: mission.lvl is where you set how many flyers, hovers and stuff you have on the map. I use bes1 mission.lvl because it is already set for a lot of flyers. I did not change anything in it (well I took original mission.lvl and cut out stuff that does not belong to bes1 and change bes1a to mod1a).

Anyhow, continuing disscusion on New Death Star:
I managed to move Shield Generator to my map. It shows like neutral
flag and imp go there, check it out and then move towards reb flags.
Now, if I could just make is destroyable! Fred, any ideas? Anyone?

Dragonum
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Dragonum »

sorry, im again.
i hope its ok wenn i post this here. :wink:
OK, i dont know.
where can i find it in the mission.lvl?
example, can i find the limit for the rep_fly_jedifighter, here .....rep_inf_jedifighter or here rep_inf_jedifighter.....!
Or im completly wrong and its here .....EntityFlyer or here EntityFlyer.....!
I hope you know what i mean.
I mean the points, in front or after, EntityFlyer or rep_fly_jedifighter.

Thanks and sorry if this not ok i post this in eddie`s New Death Star post :?
dragonum
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

It is destoyable. It takes forever to destoy it but it works!
Now, I did not notice it affects tickets, but it is some kind of goal
this level lacked off. I will try to find where I can lower destroyment index.
It took me a lot of time to destoyit with AAT just in front of it.

Dragorum: it is EntityFlyer but I do not konw how it works. I just copy stuff from levels/chunks that I know it works. mission.lvl if tricky because everything has to be OK in order to work. Levels are much more flexible.
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

Looks like Tranches are important for people on this map. So, Fred is there a easy way to make terreain with simple tranch?