Tools!

Post everything from general questions, to modding questions, to map WIPs to releases. (SWBF1 only)

Moderator: Moderators

HowardBusch

Post by HowardBusch »

Their removing the unreleased units & vehicles may be a good thing for us.
If they gave them to us now we would get them without sound & some unfinished. Now they can release them in a future level or expansion pack fully complete. Or they could be planning to release new objects on a regular basis & this way they already have some created.

(waves hand at screen "You want to release them. Releasing them soon would be good") :)
Lindsey

Post by Lindsey »

It still bums me out, first we find out we're getting a free cam mode but its not the good one, "cause the devs don't want the game to become a mod kit" Huh? What does that mean? If your releasing an SDK, chances are pretty good people are gonna mod it, plus they have been using hex editors and what not anyway, no sense in that one :(

Then the additonal vehicles are taken out, whether they are unfinished or not, people are pretty smart as to add their own sounds (if this is the case)
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

RE :
It still bums me out, first we find out we're getting a free cam mode but its not the good one, "cause the devs don't want the game to become a mod kit" Huh? What does that mean?

I think this is relating to people who would try to make a total conversion using the copyrighted swbf engine and try to sell it (re-release it) as a whole new product, trust me some people out there would try this. It would seem that limiting the tools power does imply future packages will most likely be released "officially" from the devs, such as vehicle addons and more movie related maps such as yodas home planet Degobah
,with its caves and swamps... (and by god the queen amidala nude patch. ) joke...
Dragonum
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Dragonum »

yea, the tools are out on filefront.........30min wait to download.....ok, i can wait :D
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

nice updated link on site in 5 minutes;) thanks fred!
vindictive

Post by vindictive »

Oidar

Post by Oidar »

Cool stuff, Fred should get loads of thanks from us for helping us with this. Quite a few game companies just release their product and move on to the next project. These tools will keep me busy over my xmas free time.
Rends
Sith
Sith

Post by Rends »

Well i´m pretty sure that Pandemic already moved to their next project but still supporting Battlefront.
Raxor

Post by Raxor »

after all it had great potential to last a long time, thanks for this fred
Riley75

Post by Riley75 »

Excellent. :) Downloaded it last night, and am installing it now. I guess there'll be some reading to do now...

Just out of curiosity, do these tools also allow us to create new single-player campaigns?
Rends
Sith
Sith

Post by Rends »

yes?
From your earlier post: Along those lines, no shell assets are included with the mod tool kit so no campaigns can be created.

confused