Well?

Post everything from general questions, to modding questions, to map WIPs to releases. (SWBF1 only)

Moderator: Moderators

Rends
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Well?

Post by Rends »

YES NO YES YES but not as hell and YES :-)

and a big THANK YOU also for the Documentations wich will help alot!

Rends
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by eddie »

Yes Fred Thank you a lot. Bussy at work. I did cjeck it put a bit last night so we will have questions as we go, I just printed manuals, if I can just get a little bit of time...

Anyhow, HUGE thanks for everything you did so far!!!
vindictive

Post by vindictive »

Overall looks good. Pretty complex. I'm printing out all the tutorials. I usually put them in a three ring binder. I do that with all this kind of stuff. So I'll do that, read, and hopefully have my first map in a couple of weeks.
I don't rush things. I'm just going to take my time and release my first map(s) that hopefully works well.

Thanks Fred, LA and PS.

Vinny
Lindsey

Post by Lindsey »

I think the tools are much easier to use then the GTK Radiant for JA that raven released some time back. I had a question for you Fred, I notice that the cam you added was selectable from the options menu, I also read in the documentation that there is to be a 1.2 patch.

Would it be possible to include the full cam option you guys use in SP mode? I can kinda see why it wasnt included before, as the camera tends to go thru the terrain and what not. I read in one of your previous posts that you guys had a comp running the game connected to another comp runing Adobe Premire, which is funny cause I use the exact same setup :p
the debug cam thing is great but not good for getting movies because of the transperant green thingy and the 640 by 480 picture.

Thanks for all the support you've given us on these tools, I know very few companies that would dedicate so much time to helping the people who use their products.
Lindsey

Post by Lindsey »

I read in the tools thread that a model placed in terrain would auto cut the terrain, does this work for hangers and stuff like on Geonosis? If I put the model in a hill will it create an opening for it?
Riley75

Post by Riley75 »

My thoughts so far...

It's more comprehensive than I thought it would be (at least before the announcement was made). The documentation looks pretty good, at least for everything I've looked at to date. Because there's lots here, though, it'll take some time to read over everything and tinker with various options for objects / control points / vehicles / etc.

I'd say it's as good or better than the majority of official game editors out there. :)