Shotgun

Post everything from general questions, to modding questions, to map WIPs to releases. (SWBF1 only)

Moderator: Moderators

Bobafett16

Post by Bobafett16 »

Would be kinda funny with a clone trooper running around the battlefield with this big weapon half in him! :lol: :lol:
fruitymarshmallow

Post by fruitymarshmallow »

lol, reminds me of the first anti tank weapon in ww1! it was a 5 foot long riffel that had so much recoil, your shoulder would be ripped out
OOM-9

Post by OOM-9 »

hey good work Jabba.

Though I seem to be perpetually grounded I am going to need an assault rifle made.

What it looks like is up to the modeller, but I need a futuristic assault rifle for a mod map I am looking to make as soon as I can get back to modding... think you could give it a whack?
Bobafett16

Post by Bobafett16 »

A concussion rifle would be realy cool :D :P
pYRo

Post by pYRo »

:idea: you could just make the shotgun a pistol grip.
Chamboozer
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Chamboozer »

oh my gosh, do you realise what this means? if jabba can make bullets, then we can finally make humans from earth maps. also, make the flash from the gun yellow. more realistic.
Bobafett16

Post by Bobafett16 »

WOW,that would be REALY COOL! :shock: :D
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

I have a little problem and a big one. So i don't know if this gun will ever be rerleased :(
Bobafett16

Post by Bobafett16 »

What's da problem? :?
Delta_57_Dash
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Delta_57_Dash »

Jabba, I'll not be back til Wednesday, but where is the node to hold the gun located? cuz it should be where you want the RIGHT hand to be placed... If it is there than idk why the gun is held that far up lol... but what is da problem?
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

The null is at the handle, but it won't be grabbed right, for so reason :S
Delta_57_Dash
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Delta_57_Dash »

hmm... maybe move it underneath the stock?
fruitymarshmallow

Maybe while your at it you could increase the projectile speed?
Bobafett16

Post by Bobafett16 »

the recoil would nock the trooper off his feet! lol :P
fruitymarshmallow

just like if he had a fifty cal!
droidtoaster

Post by droidtoaster »

I really hope you can get the gun to work.

That is what brings me to this forum. I am new to SWBF, but I always have wondered about introducing gunpowder into the SW universe. I know this will date me back to the age of the dinosaur, but the thought was going through my mind, sitting in the theater for the first SW film where the stormtroopers are boarding the rebel ship, what if a rebel had a machine gun. It appears their armor is some sort of plastic and by the way the bolts reflect off the shiny walls (I'd love it if SWBF had implemented this, say on Tipoca, bouncing bolts off the walls) that absorbs and reflects energy. One could assume that having developed technology where most armies are using energy weapons that ballistic weapons have fallen out of use, so that the armor would not contain something like kevlar, which would still leave them vulnerable to an unexpected retro attack. Also, assuming that energy weapons are plasma, which apparently they are from the relatively slow velocity they travel at in the game and movies, they are likely slower than a rifle bullet. I've seen the enemy dodge bolts many times, but one can imagine the damage a high velocity rifle would do.

The sniper weapons come close to this, but not really.

Also, the bullets could appear as tracers.

That was my interest for messing with the SWBF mod tools, although I've only started.

Good luck,

Steve