Star Wars Map ideas

Post everything from general questions, to modding questions, to map WIPs to releases. (SWBF1 only)

Moderator: Moderators

TyrannicalFascist

Star Wars Map ideas

Post by TyrannicalFascist »

Well, I've attempted many times to create a Star Wars-based map for BF, but to no avail. It isn't at all like making JKA maps. So instead, I have turned to all of you great mappers that have mastered it.

Here's some of my ideas that perhaps someone may take a liking to and make (all or most of these can be found in the Star Wars Databanks):

- Hypori: Wastelands - Geonosis-like battlefield of an unihabited planet where one Geonosian hive fled to to continue battle droid production. The battlefield is marked with large amounts of debris, mainly from Republic Cruisers and Gunships. This was the setting of Clone Wars Chapter 20 (The General Grievous Episode). I had pictured it as having a geonosian sky, but with only republic cruisers flying overhead, and the vehicles would include the gunship, at-te and speeders, as well as CIS vehicles I had yet to decide.

- Ilum - Another Hoth-like planet from the Yoda episodes of the Clone Wars Micro-Series. It's basically like hoth, exept more mountainous, harder snowfall, and caves with lightsaber crystals inside.

- My other harder ideas included other Clone Wars locations, such as the Dantooine Plains, Muunilinst, Mon Calimari, Rattatak, Raxus Prime and Jabiim, as well as other EU places such as Ord Mantell, Nar Shadda, Coruscant, and possibly even some locations from KOTOR.

What I've seen thus far map-wise is amazing. I really hope that someone will use my ideas and modify or change them in whatever way they want to add to the BF community. As is obvious from my descriptions, I had started Hypori, but I really didn't understand what to do, and am happy with just being a bystander in BF, since I'm already doing skins and maps for JKA and EF. Of course, I'll understand if no one wants to make any of these, but it would be great to have some of the lesser-known EU locations.

Thanks.
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by eddie »

Yes, this is what I need. I am in process of finishing Tynna world as well as Dantooine (you can download them both here). So, in a week or so, I will be looking for new map idea/new planet. Thank you for info.
TyrannicalFascist

No problem. I love giving ideas, since I'm a big SW fan, and I like to imagine these games in various locations other than standard movie ones. :mrgreen:

BTW, Eddie, I really enjoy your maps. Our new clan favorite is your Dantooine map.
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

I will expend dantooine with new two spawns....
TyrannicalFascist

:shock: Wow, Tynna is awesome! It's a great battlefield and I especially like that it isn't like any other map out there. Is that a made-up place, or is it from the EU?
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

No, it is not made up, it is turist planet, rich with natural resources...
arachon

Post by arachon »

Dathomir maybe?
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

arachon, do you have any pictures of it?
unknown_soldier

Post by unknown_soldier »

hey alright i have a good map idea, its a trench warefare map with each sides getting trenches. one teams trenches are not big and are not very deep because this team must evade and capture the other teams command points [trenches]. so the team on defense has lets say 2 command points in the trenches and one command point at the frontline. the attacking team must take over the other teams trenches to win. the defending team has lots of guns and cannans to defend them selfs with and the attacking team doesnt have much because there the onces on the offence. i am currently studding world war one and find that this era would make a brilliant sw bf map if u want more details just ask
mookey

Post by mookey »

Yeah Dathomir would make great a map. If you need reference pictures I have some screenies from when I played SWG.
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

post the links
mookey

Post by mookey »

OK I posted 11 of em here http://photobucket.com/albums/v200/mr_mookey/SWG/.

Not the best but it should help. Also you can go to my website http://www.mookey.tk/ and I should have a few pics in the SWG section.
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

You first set of pictures are dark. Can this be a theme? Another ones are more coulorfull, brownish?

Some ideas with thoses trenches can be also implemented.

I need some time to concept the new map. Dathomir as name sounds realy good. How do you guys see it: as dark, brown, rain, sun, hills, flat, lakes, send....

As for fighting scene, lakes, hills, moutains, tranches....
mookey

Post by mookey »

The way SWG shows Dathomir, is as a dark hilly land. Some area's do have a brighter look, The Plains (brownish) and Grasslands (green), but the overall look would be dark and hilly. Also there are gnarled trees and scattered nightsisters camps throughout the landscape.

If you need more/better reference pictures, I'll be logging onto my friends account on the 8th and I can take some more, if you'd like.
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

That is fine for now. I will be looking for some textures for it and I will test them and post screens here so you guys can comment.