Battlefront 1.5 Era Mod

Post everything from general questions, to modding questions, to map WIPs to releases. (SWBF1 only)

Moderator: Moderators

THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Re: Battlefront 1.5 Era Mod (2.0 coming soon. Updates on pg.

Post by THEWULFMAN »

jdee/barc wrote:Update: adding Tantive IV conversion by Sleepkiller and then i'll release.

Hmm. I never thought about it, but playing Tantive IV in BF1 would be very interesting. :)
jdee/barc
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Battlefront One and a Half
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by jdee/barc »

It was thought impossible to convert because of all the collision issues (and some models crashed the game), but Sleepkiller somehow managed to do it.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I really respect Sleepkiller, he's a good modder and has been very respectful towards me over the past few months when many others aren't. So I'm just saying thanks for converting Tantive IV (I look forward to trying that out sometime) and for being a great guy. :)

I look forward to seeing this mod's completion. I love SWBF2, but sometimes I like going back to SWBF1. :thumbs:
SleepKiller
Corporal
Corporal
xbox live or psn: N/A

Post by SleepKiller »

This reminds me I really need to get on to fixing the bugs in Tantive Iv. Jdee if you want to wait a bit I can give you a much better version of it. (About a week I think.) And another thing add Dagobah if you haven't already I uploaded the source for modders like you to use it. http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?act ... w;down=408

And thanks TWM that is a great compliment coming from you.
jdee/barc
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by jdee/barc »

Okay i'll hold off on it.
Ginev
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Remaking FR Battlefront 3 Tatooine map.
Games I'm Playing :: nothing for now

Post by Ginev »

What you think about Korriban.Is good? :D

Edit:Release date? :D
jdee/barc
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: Battlefront 1.5 Era Mod (2.0 RELEASED!!!!!!11)

Post by jdee/barc »

Upload link removed until crashing errors are resolved
Last edited by jdee/barc on Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ginev
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Battlefront 1.5 Era Mod (2.0 RELEASED)

Post by Ginev »

I think if your release the mod and in swbffiles.com too we ca get even more downloads.What you think? :D
jdee/barc
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: Battlefront 1.5 Era Mod

Post by jdee/barc »

I've taken down the link to the newest version as there were SO many bugs i unintentionally overlooked. so i'm doing the following, version 2.0 is being overhauled into version 2.5

What i've done so far
-fixed a few bugs (
-edited the sides slightly (just to reduce size, and i removed unused units, and enhanced units)
-solved (i think) the crashing error on morishim which seemed to be affecting EVERYONE except me up until now.

What i'm doing right now
-trying to restore sound to Kashyyyk docks (modded eras, gcw has no sound at all, cw: vehicle sounds are missing)

What i need to do
-try to get missing sounds back in other maps

-different clone legions (i have in mind to do the 212th, 327th, 9th, 91st, and possibly the 41st legions, and possibly do the same with the stormtroopers)

-fix some flyers so that they don't go so fast and apply the spinning death to ALL of them (because i love that spinning death thing, also allows me to eject when the ship goes down)

-make Geonosis Spires (mod) less memory-heavy so that effects don't disappear too much after a while

-different droid skins aside from the normal ones (snow and jungle camo)

-Add Jedi heroes/Sith heroes

-Make a new campaign to replace the historical one (along with some campaign-specific units/maps)

New Fighter for CIS: Bellabub-24 Fighter. Health level: moderate (clone commandos can still snipe it down in one shot, but i still managed 27 kills in it before being killed myself)
It's kind of a bomber in a sense that the heavy torpedoes will lock on to groups of enemy soldiers on the ground. If destroyed in flight, it will slowly tumble to the ground and impact with a huge, deadly explosion that will kill a lot of people.

Beta Testers:
CommanderCody212
Unit 33 (maybe)
Last edited by jdee/barc on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

jdee/barc wrote:What i'm doing right now
-trying to restore sound to Kashyyyk docks (modded eras, gcw has no sound at all, cw: vehicle sounds are missing)
If I recall correctly, there's an upper limit of how many sounds can be loaded in BF1. It's most prominent in Kashyyyk, and the way I had worked round it in my old Expansion mod was to create a separate sound set for Kashyyyk, removing all custom SFX I wasn't using. It seemed to work well enough.
jdee/barc
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by jdee/barc »

thing is...i don't have any custom fx, seeing as only stock sounds are used. do you know how to work around this?
Ginev
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Ginev »

I dont like only one thing when i played the mod.When enemy laser hit you your soldier fall to the ground.That i really hate.Before your soldier stand up you are dead.The first one who shoot is the winner,always!Do you think to change that?
jdee/barc
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by jdee/barc »

Are you talking about the gun lasers that knock people down? i did that on purpose just to make everything more challenging, but i agree, some of the explosions are a bit too powerful. but i really don't want to remove that aspect of the mod.
Ginev
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Ginev »

some time my soldiers when shoot knock me down and the enemy kill me and i get mad! :D

Ohh well if you atleast reduce the number of weapons that knock down will be cool. :)
jdee/barc
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by jdee/barc »

Man, I'm honestly the worst at updating forum threads :oops: Here's an overkill update on the mod.
From SWBFGamers

T

Update 6/18/12-6/20/12
Hidden/Spoiler:
There is a new campaign that follows the story of 5 clone commandos who flee from the empire and fight their way through many battles to find and join the rebellion, and then participate in some of the more famous battles (Hoth, Endor, etc)

The commandos (they need names)
Unit 1: DC-17m ICWS Rifle clip, Sniper clip, Anti-Armor, EMP Grenade, Sonic Detonator
Unit 2: DC-17m ICWS Rifle Clip, Beam Cannon, Remote Missile Drone (launches a probe droid armed with 8 heatseeking missiles),
Unit 3: DC-17M ICWS Sniper Rifle Clip, Disguise, Time Bomb, Poison Grenade, Knife
Unit 4: DC-17M ICWS Rifle clip, DC-15s SIdearm Blaster, Fusion Cutter, H/A
Unit 5 (with jetpack): DC-17M ICWS Rifle Clip, Arc Caster, DC-15s Sidearm Blaster, Thermal Detonators
Update as of 6/26/12
So I had an idiot moment when I accidentally deleted my republic side folder (I was trying to delete unused files and deleted the wrong thing).

As a result, I've restarted the clone sides from scratch, and it works much better. I spent all night testing yesterday and there are really no bugs so far

Sides are much more lightweight (filesize is 60MB instead of 200 :P). The random clone legion script I developed works very well. It is almost perfectly balanced with the CIS, and the player models are much less memory-heavy (Almost all-stock)
Units
--Clone Trooper: DC-15A Blaster Rifle x500, DC-15s Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonator x4 (chargeable), Knife Attack
A basic infantry unit. The rifle can take out most enemies in 2-3 shots. The grenades have a small kill radius but a large damage radius. The knife works best as an ambush weapon (sneak up on a unwary droid and stab)
Hidden/Spoiler:
--Heavy Trooper: DC-15s Blaster Carbine, PLX-1 Missile Launcher x7, Haywire Detonator x4
A very effective demolitions unit. THe Rocket has a double zoom scope so you can pretty much snipe slow moving vehicles/unwary units across the battlefield. THe Carbine is basically a lower-powered version of the DC-15a. The Haywire Grenades will fry the circuits in vehicles and droids, disabling the vehicles (and forcing people out of them) and killing the droids
Hidden/Spoiler:
-Clone Pilot: DC-15x Arc Caster x30, DC-15s Blaster Pistol, Fusion Cutter, Health/Ammo
The Arc caster is very powerful, and fully automatic. Best used at a short range, the electric bolts will travel from one droid to the other.
Hidden/Spoiler:
-Clone Sniper: EM-5 Repeating Sniper Rifle x500, DC-15s Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonator x3, Recon Droid x1

Clone Scout (the camo'd scout): EM-5 Repeating Sniper Rifle x500, DC-15s Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonator x2, Tripwire Mines x2
Hidden/Spoiler:
The Sniper rifle is a fully automatic, fast firing, one-hit kill rifle. Its drawbacks include the kickstrength which makes accurate aiming and rapid-firing difficult, and the bullets are not as fast as the droid sniper rifle's. In large barrages, the bullets do moderate damage to vehicles. The Tripwire is a deadly weapon. When placed on even ground, its nearly invisible but its explosion force is enough to wipe out everything in a wide radius,

Jet Trooper: WESTAR M-5 Blaster Rifle x300, M-5 Under-barrel Grenade Clip x5, EMP Grenade x3, Time Bomb x1
The Westar M5 Rifle is a very powerful rifle that fires deadly shots in bursts. The grenade clip can be charged to shoot a far-flung projectile grenade that has devastating results when it detonates. The EMP grenade, disables vehicles and blows up droids. The Time Bomb can be placed anywhere. On a vehicle, on a building, on a tree. on the ground. It will allow you 10 seconds to run away as fast as possible ingame before going out with a bang.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Units In progress (no screens yet)
Hidden/Spoiler:
Clone Marine, Clone Shadowtrooper (needs a better stealth weapon), Commanders Gree, Cody, Bacara, Bly, Keller, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Ki-Adi-Mundi, a generic playable Jedi unit, maybe more
Some GCW-era and new campaign screens

Dat AT-PT :shock:
It replaces the AT-ST for the Empire (except on Hoth+Endor in campaign). Many thanks to FragMe for releasing the unmunged assets!

Weapons: Heavy laser cannon, concussion grenade launcher (launches powerful concussion grenades at high speeds and long distances)
Hidden/Spoiler:
2. Campaign Test on the venator map (the local rebels on team 3 won't spawn for some reason)
Hidden/Spoiler:
3. A Rocket launcher fail on Rhen Var, Where I fired a rocket that targeted the RM-09 ship, went through the open doors, looped back and hit me instead.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Total Completion of the mod:~74%
Sides: ~90%
Instant Action Maps: 90% (still a few more to be added)
Instant Action Scripts: 90% (need to add random legion script to everything)
Campaign: 20%
Other things (localization, common.lvl, animations, etc): 80%

Update 6/27/12
A Grenade fail on Raxus Prime :P. I'm not that great a player.
Ginev
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Ginev »

Do you have other gameplay videos on Raxus Prime?I really like to see samo gameplay video on my maps :D
ARCTroopaNate
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront - Tides of War
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 RC EAW
xbox live or psn: I have ps4

Post by ARCTroopaNate »

Looking good so far, I do have a couple of suggestions.

1. If the ARC Caster is goin to be called the DC-15 then it should be based of a republic weapon, not an imperial one, perhaps the ARC Caster could be a modified DC-15a.

2. Ii would suggest switching the Clone scouts Mines and the snipers recon droid, it would make more sense to give the scout the recon droid.

Good job so far, I'm eagerly awaiting this mod! :D
jdee/barc
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by jdee/barc »

Update 8/01/12
Screenshots of Alaris Prime (not in campaign mode), there's a huge swath of empty space (with foliage and water) where I'm gonna add a small village
Hidden/Spoiler:
Update: 41st Legion on Kashyyyk. Ican't decide if I like the skin or not. Also, I enabled specular for the clone models, working on the stormtroopers and some militia/rebels. Also might do it for some props and vehicles.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Updates: New Ground vehicles for the Militia and Empire. Credits to Warlord28 if I'm not mistaken.

Instead of an IFT-T, the Empire gets a Firehawke tank
Seats: Pilot, Main Gunner
Weapons: Laser Cannon (Pilot), Particle Cannon (Pilot), Mortar Turret (Gunner)
Screenshot:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Instead of the Rebel Combat Speeder (not my favorite vehicle), The Militia gets a T1-B Hovertank
Seats: Pilot, Main Gunner, 3 Passengers
Weapons: Flak Gun (Pilot), Heavy Laser Cannon Turret (Gunner)
Hidden/Spoiler:
-------------------------------------------
Almost Monthly Update!
-------------------------------------------
1. I removed vehicles that were redundant/unecessary

-BF1 MAF (I have the droid gunship from BF2 instead)
-Bellabub Fighter (grievous' starfighter). Removed from instant action, saved for campaign mode
-Imperial AAT.
-Imperial LAAT Gunship.

I completely wiped and re-wrote the odfs for the TIE starfighters because I wasn't satisfied with my original edits.
TIE Fighter, TIE Defender, TIE Bomber, TIE Viper, TIE Interceptor.

I also removed some unecessary units That weren't very well-put together (The EVO trooper, Rebel Marine, IG-88 "Tactical" Droid, a magnaguard variant.

Rebel Screens

The new Rebel Airtrooper. Found a pretty neat jetpack.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Weapons: CR-1 Blaster Cannon, DH-17 Blaster Pistol, Wrist Rocket, Time Bomb)

The Redesigned Rebel Soldier (TFU Variant).
Hidden/Spoiler:

Empire Screens

Imperial Engineer. Dude couldn't survive on only a pistol in battle. So he got a T-21
Hidden/Spoiler:
I brought back the Scout Trooper. This guy's ready for anything with his charging sniper rifle, specialized scout pistol, concussion grenades, and a detpack
Hidden/Spoiler:
Storm Commando is now a spy unit. When The Scout came back into action, he returned the sniper rifle, and found some odd weapons for himself. A small carbine that disintegrates people, a disguise kit that would turn him into a Rebel Soldier for an unprecedented amount of time, a super-sharp knife, and a few tripwire mines for blowing up things.
Hidden/Spoiler:
CIS Updates. Still in progress

The Assault Droid got a pretty cool rocket launcher upgrade. It shoots rather large rockets
Hidden/Spoiler:
Republic Updates: still in progress
-Galactic Marines are here! This time with different colors
Hidden/Spoiler:
-Jet Trooper update: New jetpack effect!
Hidden/Spoiler:
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Who made the T1-B hovertank model you're using?
Lephenix
Captain
Captain
Projects :: Becoming a Concept Artist-Illustrator

Post by Lephenix »

Maveritchell wrote:Who made the T1-B hovertank model you're using?
jdee/barc wrote:Updates: New Ground vehicles for the Militia and Empire. Credits to Warlord28 if I'm not mistaken.
:wink: