Diffrence between SWBF1 and SWBF2 modding(Questions)

Post everything from general questions, to modding questions, to map WIPs to releases. (SWBF1 only)

Moderator: Moderators

BadWolf
Private Recruit
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: JKA freelancer BF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Diffrence between SWBF1 and SWBF2 modding(Questions)

Post by BadWolf »

Hi, im woundering if the modding is diffrent between the two games of the series, because there are a few models out there for battlefront 2 that i would like for battlefront 1. is it a hard process to convert the models to the Battlefront 1?
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Re: Diffrence between SWBF1 and SWBF2 modding(Questions)

Post by THEWULFMAN »

BadWolf wrote:Hi, im woundering if the modding is diffrent between the two games of the series, because there are a few models out there for battlefront 2 that i would like for battlefront 1. is it a hard process to convert the models to the Battlefront 1?

Well, there's two sides to this coin.

On one hand, the model format is the exact same. Any SWBF2 model can be used in SWBF1. Just keep in mind that cloth and tentacles do not work in SWBF1.

On the other hand, SWBF1 is pretty limited when it comes to modding. When it comes to player models, there's a catch. If you use more complex models than what the game already uses, then the other models will be forced to use the low rez version instead. There was a topic about trying to fix this awhile back, here(CLICKY).

I personally suggest you mod SWBF2. There is a much greater degree of modding freedom compared to SWBF1.
Ty294
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: Various

Re: Diffrence between SWBF1 and SWBF2 modding(Questions)

Post by Ty294 »

Although, the other side of the coin is that you'd be able to become one of the best BF1 modders with ease! I can almost say I held that title for a while, although Gogo12 and ggutck prolly have more recent claims. But considering I'll be converting to BF2 pretty soon, and Gogo will prolly follow me, you would be able to rise to the top pretty easily, as there aren't that many BF1 modders out there. ;)

And I still think BF1 is the better game, even though I am moving over to BF2; it's just because I want more people to play my mods so I can feel my work is appreciated.