I Need Help changing map settings!

Post everything from general questions, to modding questions, to map WIPs to releases. (SWBF1 only)

Moderator: Moderators

InfernalShadow
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: Insidenorthface
Location: Raxus Prime Scouting for remains of the Gene ship RX4721

I Need Help changing map settings!

Post by InfernalShadow »

First off im new and dont know jack squat about modding Battlefront however ive recently gotten into some custom maps like gogo's fulicia map. I love the map! However i liked the stock sides with the normal Clone Trooper,Clone Sharpshooter, ETC. Its not that i dont like the new types of clones but i want to switch them back to the orignal's. Now from what ive read up on this may be hard or easy so......... im left with asking for help :bowdown:

Briefing on my question:

1.Map has custom sides.
2.I want the Original sides back ingame for that map.
3. Thats It :D

And with that i hope someone helps me. :(
Led
Private Third Class

Re: I Need Help changing map settings!

Post by Led »

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?act ... ew;down=63

felucia converted by Jedikiller has standard SWBF 1 sides at the link above. Contact me if that is not what you need.
Ginev
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Remaking FR Battlefront 3 Tatooine map.
Games I'm Playing :: nothing for now
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Ginev »

When you mention gogo's Felucia i think about my map since i am Gogo12.I have one question.Do you have installed some specific mod?
InfernalShadow

Post by InfernalShadow »

Yay some responses...........to answer gogo12 question.
the only mod I have installed right now is the bf1 to bf2 appearance pack. It doesn't do anything but change the texture/ models of units/ troopers in game

To respond to Led........... thanks but I already have that map...... but really thanks. On the other hand I'm still curious on how to modify the units appearence on specific team.
For instance the clone troopers on rhenvar don't have the snow trooper uniform. I would like to fix that.
I have a map called rhenvar monestary and the clone troopers in that map have the episode 3 snow trooper look. That's about all I want to be able to do......... ill leave the map making to the professionals like gogo12 etc......
Ginev wrote:When you mention gogo's Felucia i think about my map since i am Gogo12.I have one question.Do you have installed some specific mod?

Very very awesome map by the by. I would like to ask permission to use your skins in game.

PS........ keep up the awesome work. I'm very pleased to see people still working with battlefront. It very much a plus for me cause I don't like the gameplay of battlefront 2 I just like the look.
Led
Private Third Class

Post by Led »

I'm not sure what the difference is between Gogo12/Ginev's Fulucia and Jedikiller's Fulicia.

I just assumed they were a similar port from SWBF2.

But anyway, yes, there is a way to use someone else's custom map with stock sides. It involves making a new mission LUA file for the map. Depending on the complexity of the LUA, it may or may not be done the same.

I would suggest that you obtain permission from the map creator/convertor before making such as thing.

If you need help, you know where to find me.
InfernalShadow

Post by InfernalShadow »

:music: all right! music to my ears.
yes i attempted to send a message to gogo12 for permission
what program do ya need to do this or is it a combination of programs? :atatpilot:
Led
Private Third Class

Post by Led »

New missions can be created with BattleBelks mission tool, but mainly some experience is needed.

The SWBF mod tools could be used, too, but all that is not needed for this task.
InfernalShadow

Post by InfernalShadow »

Srry do you happen to know were to find battlebeks program

EDIT
Also i have tried the BFtool for making maps etc......however it hasnt come trough for me. ive had trouble using it on my system

Double posting is against the RULES; please EDIT your post instead -Staff
RebelMarksman
Private Third Class
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 1
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by RebelMarksman »

BattleBelk Toolbox you can find here http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3641.0