The rebel marksman and vanguard rebels from BF2 for BF

Post everything from general questions, to modding questions, to map WIPs to releases. (SWBF1 only)

Moderator: Moderators

sereja2
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Naboo Otoh Gunga
Games I'm Playing :: swbf 1
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The rebel marksman and vanguard rebels from BF2 for BF

Post by sereja2 »

I think her neck looks normal...for her type. See the pic:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/n6okw

Did you add animation/sceleton name in REQ file, as I say before?
Sample .odf lines:

Code: Select all

GeometryName    = "all_inf_marksperson3"
AnimationName   = "all_inf_snowtrooper"
SkeletonName    = "deathstarleia"
SkeletonRootScale   = "0.95"
CollisionRootScale  = "0.95"
FirstPerson = "all\allmarks;all_1st_marksperson"
FirstPersonFOV	= "70"
ThirdPersonFOV	= "65"
GeometryLowRes  = "all_inf_marksperson3_low1"
Sample all_inf_troopers.REQ lines:

ucft
{
	REQN
	{
		"zafbin"
		"deathstarleia"
	}
	REQN
	{
		"class"
		"all_inf_trooper"
		"all_inf_vantrooper"
		"all_inf_engineer"
		"all_inf_pilot2"
		"all_inf_marksman2"
		"all_inf_marksman3"
		"all_inf_lukeskywalker2"
		"all_inf_officer"
	}
}
Led
Private Third Class

Post by Led »

If you need a msh file fixed (like long neck), you can ask tirpider to help if he can.

Here is some of his work:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?top ... icseen#new
RebelMarksman
Private Third Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 1

Post by RebelMarksman »

Have you she looks good. I added the animation, but now see that did not do it correctly. You can tell where should the is file is all_inf_troopers.req ? I put it in the sides/all after which the location in the Battlefront not boot. May need some more additional model and files animation ?

Led, thank You for the link. Think in this case there is no need to do it. I just want, what would this character from the Battlefront 2 looked just as well and in BF-1 But in other cases it may be useful.
sereja2
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by sereja2 »

The all_inf_troopers.REQ (all_inf_troopers - is only example name) location is:
DataYourID/Sides/rebels (rebels is only example name)/REQ

The animation, named: deathstarleia.zafbin must be put in location:
DataYourID/Sides/rebels (rebels is only example name)/munged

That's it.
RebelMarksman
Private Third Class

Post by RebelMarksman »

Good day. I still can't say, managed whether me to solve a question with a girl-sniper, in any case, she looks better. I'm still do this. That would not create a separate topic, I already ask about a friend. I tried to use the in BF-1 model Chewbacca, but faced with such problem. As I know, the bag is hanging when walking, perhaps this is related to the animation that does not work in the Battlefront 1 ? Also would be grateful to the council about the texture grenade launcher. I used the model of the Impire grenade launcher, renaming odf, msh and option files as well as using new texture and texture of scope. New textures I changed in the model via hex-editing. But, as you can see, the texture is not correct and the texture of the scope is not transparent. Would be grateful for advice.

sereja2
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by sereja2 »

The problem with Chewbacca, the same as with wookie warrior dreads, and Aalya Secura tentacles: this models have some "bones" not supportet, by SWBF1 sceleton/animations. I am sure, some more experienced modders can convert this models, to SWBF1 format, but I was never found any releases.
I never use via hex-editing for texturing something, i am just repaint already exist .tga, by texture editor, so, I can't say nothing about that. It is possible, you try rename texture name property, by HEX editor, but it has sense, only in case, you need two, or more similar objects, but with different color, in same map. For example, if you need two eta-2 starfighters: red, obi-van's, and yellow, anakin's. But the .tga must be very similar. If you try to add .tga skin from one object, to the totaly different another one, you surely got chaotic textured skin, because, it is out of logic.
The scope may be none transparent, about two reasons: 1. .tga do not have alpha channel. 2. The .msh is not hex edited.
To make alpha chanel you must have paint editor, and I,can give you tips only about Paint Shop Pro 7.
To hex edit .msh, you must have HEX editor, open your .msh in it, make sure you put your cursor, in right window, after ATRB, and tipe this code:

04 00 00 00 04
As I see from pic, you use original missile launcher model, so the problem is surely alpha channel.
RebelMarksman
Private Third Class

Post by RebelMarksman »

Thank you. The reason, as it turned out, very simple. I used the texture of the torpedo launcher wookie. And it is different (although at first glance this is not noticeable) from Imperial texture torpedo launcher and has no alpha channel.

As for model Chewbacca. Though I'm not sure of the success of this, but I'll try to deal with this.
sereja2
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by sereja2 »

If you do not have skill, of skeleton modeling, you can make fake bag for wookie.
1. Edit skin .tga alfa channel with some paint editor, and make the bug invisible.
2. Edit wookie .msh with HEX editor, to make it feel alfa channel (code after ATRB: 04 00 00 00 14).
3. Make new bag model with XSI ModTool, export it with MshEx, and use it, as addon (edit wookie .odf).