How to open an existing location in zeroeditor ?

Post everything from general questions, to modding questions, to map WIPs to releases. (SWBF1 only)

Moderator: Moderators

RebelMarksman
Private Third Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 1
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

How to open an existing location in zeroeditor ?

Post by RebelMarksman »

Good day. Tell me how to open an existing location (for example C:\BFBuilder\Assets\Shipped Worlds\Naboo) in zeroeditor for editing.

Thank you in advance!
Locutus
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Stargate Battlefront Pegasus

Re: How to open an existing location in zeroeditor ?

Post by Locutus »

Led
Private Third Class

Post by Led »

Here is one that is SWBF (original) specific:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3544.0
RebelMarksman
Private Third Class

Post by RebelMarksman »

Good day! I was able to open the location in zeroeditor, but I only see a white field. Tell me how to see the map and edit, for example, the position of the spawning points. Thank you in advance!
sereja2
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Naboo Otoh Gunga
Games I'm Playing :: swbf 1

Post by sereja2 »

It is very strange, that no one tutorials can't halp you... Did you read it at all?
The map modding process it is a very, very long story, and without step by step tutorial, nobody can't explaine you everything. I am start modding few years ago, and still learning.
But this is some quik tips:
1. In zeroeditor look up, and press "Texture". Then in left panel under "texture:" type: geo1.tga Press enter, and by pressing left mous button start painting terrain.
2. For adding "spawning points", look up, and press "Path", then in left panel press New Path, and by left mouth button start cliking on terrain.
In this way you have to try all other parameters, and figure out, what are they do... :cpu:
RebelMarksman
Private Third Class

Post by RebelMarksman »

Good day! Tried to do as you described, but unfortunately it did not give any results. Could you suggest where must to insert name of the texture ?
sereja2
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by sereja2 »

Before add name of texture, I think you must do this: open your World .SKY file, and change this line: Enable(1559); to this Enable(1);. Then open your zeroeditor, and you will see your sky horizont. Use your logic: to paint terrain you must fly up, and then look down. A,S,W,D,F,V, and direction arrows on your PC pad: fly buttons. Then do what I say in chapter1: press "Texture" on middle upper panel, and then in uppeared left panel, under "Texture:", in black mini window tipe: geo1.tga.
RebelMarksman
Private Third Class

Post by RebelMarksman »

Unfortunately this also does not give any results. Tell you what I have done. I moved from a C:\BFBuilder\Assets\Shipped Worlds\location - folder ODF,MSH,world2,Effects and Munged as well as the file location.req in its own folder Worlds\Alliance and replaced the name of the file the of location.req on my project.req after it when this was done I replaced Enable(1559); at Enable(1); in the file world2\name location.sky but after starting the editor is still not in sight sky and horizont. Perhaps I missed some point ?

Thank you in advance for the answer.
sereja2
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by sereja2 »

I explore your pic more carefuly, and found the problem:
1. Your cursor in tiping mini window still visible. This mean you forget press "Enter" from your PC pad.
2. Your world background is not white, it is grey, and your radar is black. This mean you open "wrong" zeroeditor". You must close it immediately, and never ever open it again!
For starting map editing, you must open your BFBuilder, or BFBuilder Pro, create your world, and found button, named "Edit(your world ID)", and press it.
RebelMarksman
Private Third Class

Post by RebelMarksman »

Hi sereja! I could not launch location so as I thought what zeroeditor when properly configured launches the entire location, after it is loaded. I tried to launch some files from the world1 folder and now it works. However in spite of the fact that I run it with the help of BFBuilder Pro, when I run the editor, the radar is still black. May this is a stupid question - but this may be due to the fact that BFBuilder and Battlefront installed in D:/Battlefront instead of the standard C:\LucasArts or to the fact that not installed any of the patch (1.11 or 1.2) ?

Thank you in advance!
sereja2
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by sereja2 »

Well, not sure I am understend everything, but here location directory of my files:
C:/Program Files/LucasArts/Star Wars Battlefront
C:/BFBuilder
I am upgrade my game only once, by patch, named:Tatooine3_Update_Eng
Higher upgrade personaly me is not recommend to you.
The possible reason, why your radar still black is unknown to me, but it may hapens, if you rename your worlds folder, for example...
Try create totaly new world, and do not add any new files in there, or rename it. Just paint terrain, munge it, and see what hapens...
Also, be sure you do everything correct:

Open BFBuilder Pro>Project>New Project>add names to ModID>Ok>Edit ModID(open zeroeditor)>paint terrain>Save>close>Clean ModID>Munge Mod ID>copy and paste map folder to AddOn>launch SWBF1
RebelMarksman
Private Third Class

Post by RebelMarksman »

Hi! Until I not found a tutorial to create a new location in zeroeditor. May you find what I'm looking for a light, but such a search is not so simple without a good knowledge of the language. However the standard location, which I changed, works in the Battlefront. Although I ran into some problems when run from the folder AddOn, perhaps this is related to the fact that I still have not set any patch? Unfortunately downloaded the patches don't work due to another location. Therefore if someone have the opportunity to download here unpacked the patch (1.11 or 1.2) shall be grateful to you. As well I would like to know how to remove the deathregion from the standard locations through zeroeditor ? I created a spawn point in its location, but lua file this location there are no strings which are responsible for this. Would be grateful for help in solving this.
sereja2
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by sereja2 »

Whait a minute... did you say, you do not set any path?!
Let me ask you a strange question: did you have Jabba map, in your show up screen? If not, that may explain a lot...
RebelMarksman
Private Third Class

Post by RebelMarksman »

sereja2 wrote:Whait a minute... did you say, you do not set any path?!
Let me ask you a strange question: did you have Jabba map, in your show up screen? If not, that may explain a lot...
Yes, I really did not set paths. The fact is that, as I said - BFBuilder and Battlefront I have located on drive D. Therefore, it is possible, patches gives an error during installation. What you say seems is located in a patch 1.11 - this patch I have also gave an error, therefore such a maps I had.
sereja2
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by sereja2 »

Well, as far as I know, you must add the patch in order: 1.)Tatooine3_Update_Eng 2.) 1.11 3.) 1.2. But as I say before, adding patches 1.11 and 1.2, personalty me, not recommend to you.
Adding patch Tatooine3_Update_Eng allow you to start modding. Without it, all your's tryings are useless.
I am not sure about location on disc D... How you cud install SWBF1 in there anyway? Well, I think the patch must find the game automaticaly, in any directory... If only your game disc is original...
RebelMarksman
Private Third Class

Post by RebelMarksman »

Thank You for your help Sereja, until I no longer have problems with this.