Munging On Windows 7

Post everything from general questions, to modding questions, to map WIPs to releases. (SWBF1 only)

Moderator: Moderators

Epifire
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Supplies Outpost
xbox live or psn: SirEpifire

Munging On Windows 7

Post by Epifire »

Some of you know my name from a while back as a modeler who was trying to make assets for new maps in BF 1. Well I had learned a lot of but not enough at the time to make working, quality assets for a map. Now that I have a PC and currently mod the Source engine as a map designer in a mod-team, I have leaned a lot more techniques in modeling such as texture occlusion and better work flows.

I wanted to try my hand at a single map with all new props, but to my dismay the munge tools would not run on 7. I heard from my friend Bamdur that he had a workaround with something to do with the console settings being altered. With the ongoing tools made by ande' it seemed all the more appealing to have fun on a map for such a beloved game.

Would love to get some info on the fix, and also any general info regarding it. Thanks in Advance.
Led
Private Third Class

Re: Munging On Windows 7

Post by Led »

this is a link to what he said to do:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?top ... 0#msg32630
Epifire
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Supplies Outpost
xbox live or psn: SirEpifire

Post by Epifire »

Oh yeah that is the article that mentioned that thanks. Btw do a lot of BF modders use this fix or are they still all running on Vista and XP?
Led
Private Third Class

Post by Led »

From what I am familiar with, it skews toward win 7. I still use XP and I know one person that uses vista. My sample size these days is small, but still very interested.