Expansion Lite

Post everything from general questions, to modding questions, to map WIPs to releases. (SWBF1 only)

Moderator: Moderators

giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Expansion Lite

Post by giftheck »

Hey, after a really long time not modding, I've suddenly found the drive to get myself back into modding again.

I'm going to be reopening my "Expansion" project, with several adjustments to it this time. I think I burned out last time for two reasons - one: I was putting too much pressure on myself, and two: I was trying to keep up with other people, like jdee-barc, who has made leaps and bounds beyond anything I have done with my own mods.

I've made a clean install of Battlefront to make this mod work this time. Everything just became way too cluttered.

Expansion Lite will be a much more compact version of my original Expansion project.

I can't make promises about what will be in this mod just yet, although I intend to keep the last layout I had for my units. I won't be including any new SFX, and I won't be attempting to mod many of the shipped maps, although I want to keep my Bespin, Kashyyyk Docks and Yavin IV Arena mods. I won't be doing a new campaign either, but I will include a couple of bonus mission maps.

So, to recap:

-Expansion lite is a 'shortened' version of the previous mod.
-The five unit types are: Soldier, Commando, Engineer, Special, Commander
-There will not be many modified shipped maps. The only modified maps to be included will be Bespin: Platforms, Kashyyyk: Docks, and Yavin IV: Arena.
-No new sound effects shall be included in this mod. Stock sound effects will be used solely. New music may be included for certain maps.
-There won't be a whole hog of legions for the Republic. There will only be Phase I armour, Phase II armour (probably a mixed bag of markings) and snow troopers.
-Mission maps will be included. Some to be included are Kamino: Clone Uprising, Tatooine: Hunt, Naboo: Hunt, Kashyyyk: Hunt, and Endor: Hunt. Others will be kept closer to my chest for the time being. Don't want to spoil the whole surprise.

Please don't make requests for features.