Battlefront 2 maps on the Original Battlefront?

Post everything from general questions, to modding questions, to map WIPs to releases. (SWBF1 only)

Moderator: Moderators

RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Battlefront 2 maps on the Original Battlefront?

Post by RedHardcore »

Is this possible or is it only BF1 to BF2 and not BF2 to BF1?
BF2-Master
Captain
Captain

Re: Battlefront 2 maps on the Original Battlefront?

Post by BF2-Master »

A number of maps were converted backwards at one point. I don't possess links, unfortunately, but I know I downloaded a few at one point or another. I think Sereja was involved in some of these.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

I tried to convert Tantive IV and Death Star, but various models and objects didn't work well and you would just fall through when you go to certain places.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

The colision has to be renamed to work in the first game, which is why some of the earlier Strike/Scum ports were not as good as Sereja's ports. Battlebelk figured this out. Though some objects need to be imported into Mod Tool for the collision to be renamed as they sometimes have names that are too short to hex-edit (and you'd be doing a lot of header recalculating if you did hex edit them)
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Battlefront 2 maps have been converted to Battlefront 1 and are playable. They converted a majority of the vanilla maps from Star Wars Battlefront 2 to Battlefront 1 such as Dagobah, Tantive IV, Coruscant, Mygeeto, Mustafar, Hoth etc. A couple of the Battlefront 2 custom maps were ported to Battlefront 1 such as Boras II Stunt Course, but I am not sure if Dantooine and Concord Dawn were Battlefront 2 ports or not. I have seen a couple Battlefront 1 custom maps for Battlefront 2 such as Sereja's Polar Express, Sereja's Umbara Shadow Forest and Sereja's Naboo Otoh Gunga (though not munged but has been ported).
Led
Private Third Class

Post by Led »

Here is a list of conversions from stock SWBF2 maps. Some are more successful than others

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=4591.0