Change Munge Platform?

Post everything from general questions, to modding questions, to map WIPs to releases. (SWBF1 only)

Moderator: Moderators

DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Change Munge Platform?

Post by DylanRocket »

Is it possible to change the munge platform to Xbox or PS2 for SWBF1? I know it's possible for SWBF2 by editing munge.bat, but I'm not sure how to do it with the SWBF1 mod tools.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Re: Change Munge Platform?

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

You could setup SWBF assets as if they were SWBF2 assets and use Battlefront 2 mod tools to munge them, with a different munge platform parameter.
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by DylanRocket »

Would they be compatible with SWBF1 though?
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

I can't say, wait for some veterans to chime in. :wink:
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Unfortunately not. All of the programs have been updated for SWBF2.

What you can do is go into your /BFBuilder directory (or whatever you call your mod tools folder), and open every .bat file with Notepad and change every instance of platform pc to platform ps2 or platform xbox. That will tell all the munge programs to run it for either PS2 or Xbox, respectively. But remember you have ZERO debugging on PS2 or Xbox, so I suggest simple tests first, like munging Mos Eisley with no changes, replacing the original file (be sure to back it up) and seeing if it works.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

IIRC you'd have to be careful as some levels don't like being modified on a PC and will randomly crashed if modified in any way.
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by DylanRocket »

Teancum wrote:Unfortunately not. All of the programs have been updated for SWBF2.

What you can do is go into your /BFBuilder directory (or whatever you call your mod tools folder), and open every .bat file with Notepad and change every instance of platform pc to platform ps2 or platform xbox. That will tell all the munge programs to run it for either PS2 or Xbox, respectively. But remember you have ZERO debugging on PS2 or Xbox, so I suggest simple tests first, like munging Mos Eisley with no changes, replacing the original file (be sure to back it up) and seeing if it works.
I'll try that, thanks!

After testing this, it seems that the remunged Mos Eisley works fine (although the terrain is very bright) but Naboo Prototype crashes mid-load. I also can't create a new shell so at the moment I'm just replacing maps.

EDIT: It appears that new maps do work without any graphical errors. I just successfully converted Sereja's Dagobah SWBF2 map and it works without any graphic glitches. This is all being tested on emulator, but should work on modded PS2s. Going to test new sides next.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

DylanRocket wrote:
Teancum wrote:Unfortunately not. All of the programs have been updated for SWBF2.

I'll try that, thanks!

After testing this, it seems that the remunged Mos Eisley works fine (although the terrain is very bright) but Naboo Prototype crashes mid-load. I also can't create a new shell so at the moment I'm just replacing maps.

EDIT: It appears that new maps do work without any graphical errors. I just successfully converted Sereja's Dagobah SWBF2 map and it works without any graphic glitches. This is all being tested on emulator, but should work on modded PS2s. Going to test new sides next.
Probably obvious, but make sure Naboo Prototype works on the PC using your setup. If it does then the next thing I'd try is to manually resize some of the textures (I do this sometimes to optimize things on Xbox)