Naboo: Theed Reimagined Version 1 Released

Post everything from general questions, to modding questions, to map WIPs to releases. (SWBF1 only)

Moderator: Moderators

giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Naboo: Theed Reimagined Version 1 Released

Post by giftheck »

I've been wanting to do a Theed reimagining map for a long time now. Originally, for Main Play Mod, I was just going to replace a few props and have it so that Theed fundimentally plays the same, but is visually updated.

However, in recent months, with a new mod that I'm working on, I wanted a much more accurate version of Theed. Sereja has done wonderful work with his City of Theed map, and so it was only natural to start with his objects. However, the map itself, while amazing, isn't quite what I'm after - a reimagined equivalent of the stock Theed map.

To that end, I'm taking inspiration from DICE's version of Theed, but with some differences. For one thing, the intent is for there to still be the original six command posts. The only change that I want to make is to have flying vehicles spawned in as well.

While I am making this for my own mods (in particular, a mod I have not publicly announced on this board) I am working to make it compatible with the stock game as well. So while there will be spawned starfighters in the version shipped with my mod, I may not spawn them in for the 'stock replacement' unless I create a new starfighter LVL to load in.

There are two versions: one is created as a total replacement for stock Theed, and features campaign support. The other runs from addon.

Replacement version: https://www.moddb.com/mods/naboo-theed- ... gined-v-10
Addon version: https://www.moddb.com/mods/naboo-theed- ... on-version
GLITCHES AND ODDITIES

Known bugs/issues:
-When flying, objects in the distance may pop in and out.
-On the Galactic Civil War era of the map, the X-Wing's R2-D2 sounds don't work.

CREDITS:

-Sereja for the Naboo: City of Theed assets and Naboo Guard models and guns
-psych0fred for the AT-AT static prop
-Lenovo for the MTT static prop from Star Wars: Jedi Challenges
-Dark_Phantom for the 1.2 and GOG Shell.lvl builder
-DICE for the inspiration and reference.