How-To: Reskin an Ewok with BViewer and BCompiler

Post everything from general questions, to modding questions, to map WIPs to releases. (SWBF1 only)

Moderator: Moderators

Aries

Post by Aries »

Thank you great Guru God *Bows*
May I ask, is it basically just adding on to the Bviewer, because Bviewer reads each chunk right and then produces the .dds file?
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

Aries wrote:Thank you great Guru God *Bows*
May I ask, is it basically just adding on to the Bviewer, because Bviewer reads each chunk right and then produces the .dds file?
Yes, the functions will soon be replaced inside bviewer so that it will make the edit and export them with the swbf format :)
arachon

Post by arachon »

but do you need any sort of photoshop (I onlu have paint)
Rends
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Rends »

The Photoshop dds plugin works also with Paintshoppro7 or higher.

Rends
Aries

Post by Aries »

Or you could use 3D Studio Max
nitro

Post by nitro »

but u said in your tutorial what to do if its bigger , but u didn't say what to do if it's smaller , what to do then ? because my original file is like 600 KB an once i edited it , it seemed that it is 117 KB , that's odd because i just added stuff to the picture :s
Nimlot
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Nimlot »

It sounds like you are selecting too much nitro, the first ~170k are usually for DXT# formats, with the rest being RGB. Make sure when you select from the lvl_ you only go up to the next fmt_ chunk marker, or the next chunk marker in general. Usually the next marker should be at the length of the file Bcompiler made.
nitro

Post by nitro »

so , i actually also need to select only a part of the IMP_INF_TROOPER RGB16.LVL ?? from the second FMT_ marker till the end ?
Aries

Post by Aries »

Its also possible he is saving it in the wrong format, I did this in photoshop on accident, Im still not sure if it was the right format, but the sizes matched up.
nitro

Post by nitro »

now , i did evrything right with the trooper , and it doesn't crashes when i play , but the stormtrooper isn't changed like i wanted it :s , do u also need to replace the DXT part ?
DarkDan721

Post by DarkDan721 »

Would it be possible to create transparent textures? In no way am I considering applying them to actual characters I was thinking more along the lines of the Imperial probe droid. It would add alot more tension to the game for the rebels and add more espionage and tactics/strategy for the Imperials.

EDIT: Also people may want to make jet packs transparent to create the appearance of a force-jump.
dig412

Post by dig412 »

i dont know the details about dds files (transparency or not),but that sounds cool!