Is this clan dead?

Posts relating to [GT] Clan in SWBF1 go here. Ranks, Members, benefits of joining our fun mod clan are all here.

Moderator: Moderators

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Is this clan dead?

Post by Teancum »

Qdin wrote:Makes me wonder how many of these, actually knows of the true ideals behind the tag they wear.
A little overly poetic, don't you think? We're talking a gaming clan, and more a modding community at that.
Qdin
Old School Staff
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Qdin »

Don't come here and pretend you know everything about [GT].

No member was EVER bound to play any games to remain a member. If that's all you look into when you wanna "recruit" new people, you should never be having any rights to recruit any in the first place.

"The gaming clan"-part was only to have fun with your friends, and has never - and should never be considered the essence of the clan. Just because we played with each other and other clans, it doesn't mean it's a gaming clan.
swbf_lase
Major General
Major General

Post by swbf_lase »

I'm going to have to back Qdin up on this. I remember sitting on TS with you guys cracking jokes and having FUN not being competitive. Even when I screwed up a match against TAW because I had finally gotten the patch to work no one was mad! We're just not completive. We NEVER have been. Despite the fact we actually didn't rank that bad in tourneys thats just NOT what we're about. If you want to be competitive and such, go find somewhere else then. You most likely won't find that here.

I must say in some aspects this community has had some changes for the worst. I'm not going to name names because thats not what I do. I'm here for FUN gaming with like-minded people as that has ALWAYS been our values. If you newer guys think its not I really wish we had some of the old post databases for you to take a bit to read through.

Don't go bashing Qdin JUST BECAUSE he still supports the original values. They're the correct values that we should still be operating on even though times have changed.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Fair enough. Honestly I don't play that much anyways, so other than my wanting to see gametoast do well I really don't have an opinion on the clan. Maybe the veterans should see what they'd like to do, then let everyone know.
swbf_lase
Major General
Major General

Post by swbf_lase »

The thing is, we're already doing well gaming clan or not. We're still here babbling and thats all that matters.
Precise_Moon
Space Ranger
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefield 3

Post by Precise_Moon »

GO AHEAD it is all about having fun don't take all to serious and remember it ain't real life.I play SWBF II.COD4 & 2142 under my GT tag don't expect me to commit to clan matches.My wise cracks and sense of humor will be beyond most of you

THE CLAN IS NOT DEAD it is still up and running

Long live gametoast posse
swbf_lase
Major General
Major General

Post by swbf_lase »

Agreed.
SteveK14
Old School Staff

Post by SteveK14 »

Qdin wrote:Ahh, yes. That was some of the best years in my gamerlife :) 3 years ago, newly formed [GT] was playing in ER. We were starting to bond to certain members, some became stronger than other's and lasted more and longer. Some has stood the test of time, and I remain friends with some even with real life interrupting for even months.

Yes, I think [GT] has been a tag, one is more proud to wear, rather than prooving for anyone anything. [GT] Appears to have developed outside frames of the core members remaining. I'm talking about something which I, and even other GT Forming members, has been excluded from, from the people wearing the same tag as us. Maybe we're taken for granted? Maybe we've become the parents, which shaped our friends/"kids" more than they shaped us, so we're being pushed out of what's going on?
Either way, I'm still gonna wear my [GT] tag for as long as possible. Not to honor anything less than what I've gained throughout my time with these temporarily and real friends. If I'm not wanted for any strange reason, without I'm being confronted by anyone or anyone's actually got a reason, I don't see why I'd care for what's the latest thing going on inside the [GT] which I used to be a part of a coregroup of.

Is GT dead? In a gaming point of view, I'd say yes. We'll need a huge electroshock to revive what we've had. BF2142, as you mentioned, was a very effective electroshock. I played along with friends I hadn't seen or talked to in more than a year! Some I hadn't played with for 2 years with.

Some left us, some stayed in the background, keeping in touch to remember the "good ol' days", and some are still relatively new enough.. or apparently important enough for people.. to being centered and keepin up with the latest thing going on within the clan tags.

A thing I noticed, is also the desire to play games with [GT]. It's not necessarily what the guild's about. We consider it a modding community guild, and took the tournaments serious enough when we were back then. Today, it's like a broken game. No PR, there's no interest, nothing to show off. No reason to actually play some games to remain a true part of [GT]. The social value(s) are way more important than anything you can imagine, embrace the gifts from it as long as it lasts, and keep the closest safe, and hope it might last an eternity.

I hope you understood my messages. Whether you agree or not, it's not really my problem as this is what I've seen, learnt, and taught my friends I've gotten.

- Qdin

I....think....I'm going to...cry...... :cry: :cry: :cry: Ditto Qdin, ditto.

Message understood. In the beginning we all made maps that were the cutting edge and different from what was available anywhere else. Our projects were used in online tournaments and revered by others from around the world. The lack of demand from the public for the game has caused the carbon freezing. If there had been a SWBF3, 4, etc. We would still be here modding. Great talent needs challenges. Guru and others started with hex editing. No tools, no bfbuilder, etc. Even with the limitations with the engine for SWBF1 we accomplished amazing things. The challenge isn't there anymore for these two games. What we learned we left behind for you guys to play with. Look at my avatar. I put the avatars of the battle crew from GT in my map. That was something no one had ever done. Something as simple as that was NEW and different. The guys on that wall were the funnest guys to play with. No expectations of pwning (although we DID on many occasions) just good old socializing fun on teamspeak and ER while playing SWBF. A new breed took over at ER and it ceased to become a game for fun and was all about winning at all cost and reports of cheating. GT isn't about that. GT is above all that.

Steve

[GT] SS6067
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

I've got to say, we've never really been much of a gaming clan, and that's what was great about it. Winning or losing matches didn't matter, we'd still crack jokes, listen to Qdin sing, and sing along with whatever music Dan was playing over TS. Those were the good times. I remember first coming to this site, and seeing the "Click here to Join Clan" button. Apparently we had to type up an application explaining why we should be allowed into the clan. I can't remember exactly what I wrote, just that our jawa admin sent me back a one word message, which was "lol".

Anyone else remember all of those clan videos? :) -- Most of em seemed to have disappeared.

It sure was great fun back then, but now, so much have changed, most of us has grown up, and have responsibilities besides our own entertainment. (Heh, still remember that one time we were on SWBFII messing with some noobs that came into the GT server while Steve was admining with us talking over TS.)

Good times.
Karnage
Commander Randomtoast
Games I'm Playing :: Overwatch

Post by Karnage »

I loved it when we had our own Gametoast server. Really, that was the only time I played SWBF2 online. Although I didn't get to enjoy it as long as the rest of you guys did, what I did get to enjoy was worth it.

The main reason I love Gametoast isn't because there are a bunch of people who want to mod a game that's almost 3 years old. It's because there are a bunch of people who not only want to mod a game that's almost 3 years old, but to enjoy chatting with each other not only on that subject, but on every subject imaginable (and allowable :D).

If I came to this forum just to mod SWBF2, I'd have been long gone a while ago.
REivEN
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Jane - Sister Of the Courier Mod
Games I'm Playing :: CSGO FNV

Post by REivEN »

wazmol wrote:I play CoD4,
For the Pc or Xbox360 ?
SteveK14
Old School Staff

Post by SteveK14 »

REivEN wrote:
wazmol wrote:I play CoD4,
For the Pc or Xbox360 ?

I play on the PS3. My PSN is SS6067 and my son's ([GT] Rebels fury) is Omega 342. I am friends with someone who is part of a COD4 clan for PC and they mod maps for it. I am thinking of getting it for the PC. Just talking with him about those maps has gotten the "itch" back for me. However, those maps lack the pain that has to go in to SWBF maps. No AI, no paths, no nodes, etc.

Steve
wazmol
High General
High General
Projects :: Thinking...
Games I'm Playing :: Black Ops

Post by wazmol »

I play both Reiven.
REivEN
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant