Is this clan dead?

Posts relating to [GT] Clan in SWBF1 go here. Ranks, Members, benefits of joining our fun mod clan are all here.

Moderator: Moderators

wazmol
High General
High General
Projects :: Thinking...
Games I'm Playing :: Black Ops

Is this clan dead?

Post by wazmol »

I mean, i love wearing the GT-B tag (coughcoughwould prefer GTcoughcough) but is the clan ever going to get updated, changed or re-awaken?

I play CoD4, BF2142, BF2, SWBF2 ect and i would really love to rep GT, with other members.

On xfire i see a lot of people with the [GT] clan tag and i wonder, is that just for Xfire or do you guys actually play together in games? I would love to be strategic with you guys in games.

TBH, the only GT player i have ever played with is Qdin on BF2142 a long time ago.

So if you could make a few things clearer that would be sweet. Thanks Guys.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Is this clan dead?

Post by Teancum »

Not dead, just on hiatus. Most of the founding gang that still play are really busy with school or work. Give it a few weeks and we should have time for the GT-B ---> GT upgrade event.
The_Emperor
Supreme Galactic Ruler
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by The_Emperor »

I've been in the clan for quite some time now and I've yet to play a single match. Not dead eh? Frozen in carbonite at very least :D.
obiboba3po
2008 Most Technically Challenging Avatar
Games I'm Playing :: League of Legends

Post by obiboba3po »

The_Emperor wrote:I've been in the clan for quite some time now and I've yet to play a single match. Not dead eh? Frozen in carbonite at very least :D.
same here.(well not nearly as long, i just havent played a match) i think we're tyring to get a promotion match sometime this summer
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

We aren't really a match playing clan. I mean, we do, but it's about camaraderie rather than competing with [GT]. But really if we don't play matches it's because nobody wants to step up to organize them.
obiboba3po

Post by obiboba3po »

yea i guess thats true. i mean, a lot of us are centered around modding. but it would still be fun to have a match every once in a while, even if its just a few people.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Well, like I said before -- if someone would actually step up and organize it we're all for it, but the staff has no time.

So basically if there's no matches you (as in everyone) can only blame yourself.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR

Post by MandeRek »

Just subdivide the clan into smaller pieces! Squads can have a leader chosen by staff, and then they represent GT in online matches.. This way, the clan becomes huge and active online, while organisation and management lies with the squad leaders only! :)
obiboba3po

Post by obiboba3po »

um...well im in igf, and they do that, but to me, it just has became a spam fest over email and all that. i would only want that if everyone is serious about it. after all this talking maybe ill host a server every once in a while :P
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

I'm not sure if things have changed, but even if we did organize, no one ever wants to play a serious match anyway :P
wazmol
High General
High General

Post by wazmol »

I would try to organise matches but am i aloud cause im still in GT-B?
The_Emperor
Supreme Galactic Ruler

Post by The_Emperor »

I wouldn't see why not
swbf_lase
Major General
Major General

Post by swbf_lase »

Back in the days of ER we were actually a very good clan. Also back in the days of good ole' swbf1... :)

I remember those days of modding and endless modding then getting on TS and listening to random people talk like they came out of a James Bond movie....

I myself had played in several matches from what I can recall....

:)
Qdin
Old School Staff

Post by Qdin »

Ahh, yes. That was some of the best years in my gamerlife :) 3 years ago, newly formed [GT] was playing in ER. We were starting to bond to certain members, some became stronger than other's and lasted more and longer. Some has stood the test of time, and I remain friends with some even with real life interrupting for even months.

Yes, I think [GT] has been a tag, one is more proud to wear, rather than prooving for anyone anything. [GT] Appears to have developed outside frames of the core members remaining. I'm talking about something which I, and even other GT Forming members, has been excluded from, from the people wearing the same tag as us. Maybe we're taken for granted? Maybe we've become the parents, which shaped our friends/"kids" more than they shaped us, so we're being pushed out of what's going on?
Either way, I'm still gonna wear my [GT] tag for as long as possible. Not to honor anything less than what I've gained throughout my time with these temporarily and real friends. If I'm not wanted for any strange reason, without I'm being confronted by anyone or anyone's actually got a reason, I don't see why I'd care for what's the latest thing going on inside the [GT] which I used to be a part of a coregroup of.

Is GT dead? In a gaming point of view, I'd say yes. We'll need a huge electroshock to revive what we've had. BF2142, as you mentioned, was a very effective electroshock. I played along with friends I hadn't seen or talked to in more than a year! Some I hadn't played with for 2 years with.

Some left us, some stayed in the background, keeping in touch to remember the "good ol' days", and some are still relatively new enough.. or apparently important enough for people.. to being centered and keepin up with the latest thing going on within the clan tags.

A thing I noticed, is also the desire to play games with [GT]. It's not necessarily what the guild's about. We consider it a modding community guild, and took the tournaments serious enough when we were back then. Today, it's like a broken game. No PR, there's no interest, nothing to show off. No reason to actually play some games to remain a true part of [GT]. The social value(s) are way more important than anything you can imagine, embrace the gifts from it as long as it lasts, and keep the closest safe, and hope it might last an eternity.

I hope you understood my messages. Whether you agree or not, it's not really my problem as this is what I've seen, learnt, and taught my friends I've gotten.

- Qdin
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR

Post by MandeRek »

Wow.. that was hell of a post!

GT is probably to big for real online gaming. I mean, we've got LOADS of members, and we are a forum. We can't convert that to a clan.. This will need hell of work and organisation, and nobody seems to be interested anyway (don't spam with I AM! please)

Diet Dr. Pepper nice story Qdin, and you're right.. The past has happened, and can't be reversed.. That's also true for positive things! :)
wazmol
High General
High General

Post by wazmol »

Qdin is right, the days a couple of years were very good.

Playing 2142 with Quey, eddie and whoever else was some of the best times.

I wish this would become a serious clan, i just love the idea of kicking @rse in a team of people i get along with.

I was always a GT-B but i still had some good times.

so do you guys think we would ever become an ingame clan aswell as a modding one?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

I'd love to see the clan become more active online, but it's all up to the members. I still think we should shoot for a big recruitment push sometime this summer and from then on if like 4 or more members agree on allowing someone in the clan we should just do it.
wazmol
High General
High General

Post by wazmol »

That would be really cool, to have a recruitment cryout from the GT members.

To be honest, i wish CarbineImpulse was here to arrange the clan. He did a great job before.

I would love to try and run this clan and organise events, but there never seems to be much interest at all.

Who actually does want to participate in Clan matches for GT and B?
Ipodzanyman
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: ME3 Demo

Post by Ipodzanyman »

Personally I would love to compete in competitions for games like COD4,CS:S,BF2142,HL2:DM, and TF2, but I think the main issue that has arose in the past 2 years is personal obligations to school and life have increased. I would have been free most of the time 2 years ago. There is also the issue of where each person is located. Every one is not in the same time zone...
Qdin
Old School Staff

Post by Qdin »

Makes you think if half of you posting read what I posted.

Recruiting best players is not the way to go, and never was intended to be. As Waz' said, it's about having fun with people with similar interest(s) and your friends.

I've said it since the very first "recruitment" session; It's gonna be a failure, it'll be useless and will in worst case just throw someone who don't know the true ideals of [GT] into false hopes.

What's the point of organizing such events? It'll just mean that someone will consider it competitions, which will attract the wrong people, and will "scare" off people who's not interested in such thing. I'm one of those members, so I'm speaking for myself and other's.

If you're gonna make a play-night, find a night a month earlier. Get everything ready at least 3 weeks earlier: Find/Get a server and a TeamSpeak or Ventrilo so people can get used to it. Find days and timerange where you say you expect the most activity, and send a message as global as possible. Try to keep it on a continental plane, so people have a chance to think of their bandwidth compared to the global location, where they are vs where the server is located.
When I say "message as global as possible.", I mean that it's about finding everyone; making a message here on Gametoast. Then making people contact the "oldest" members on Xfire and MSN, so we can spread the word, as not everybody's monitoring Gametoast as often, if at all.

Don't save scores etc. as it's meant to be more for fun.

I guess we're having the [GT] runned by 2nd and 3rd generation members now.
Makes me wonder how many of these, actually knows of the true ideals behind the tag they wear.