Announcing GT Beta Squad

Posts relating to [GT] Clan in SWBF1 go here. Ranks, Members, benefits of joining our fun mod clan are all here.

Moderator: Moderators

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Announcing GT Beta Squad

Post by Teancum »

In talking with the other admins, we've decided on a system that all GT members, clan or not, can identify one another when playing games online.

What is GT Beta Squad?
-It is a simple designation prefix that non-GT clan members can use when playing online
-It is not a second GT clan. They do not participate in tournaments and the like. GT Beta Squad members will have to be admitted into the GT Clan (herein known as Alpha Squad) on their own.

Why have Beta Squad?
-Ever play online and wonder if any other GT members (clan or site) are playing too? Well now you can know. GT clan members will have their prefix in-game ( such as [GT]Guru ). Non-clan members who belong to the gametoast community now have a designation as well, [GT-B]. For example, I don't belong to the clan, so I would be [GT-B]Teancum.
-This allows for the GT community to work together online and gang up on others. Jump in a vehicle together, have a clan member cover a non-clan member as he takes the CP -- the possibilities are endless.

How do I join?
-That's just it, there is no "joining" Beta Squad. If you aren't a clan member already, just put [GT-B] in front of your profile (we suggest you use your name here on the site). Then the clan members know who you are and we can work together.

Guru, Nimlot and myself all thought this to be a good idea, but would also appreciate the community's feedback. Let us know what you think.

--------------------------------

If there is enough interest, we may have a GT Alpha Squad training session, where GT Clan members go online and teach other members of the community advanced tactics in private games.
Last edited by Teancum on Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Trans

RE: Announcing GT Beta Squad

Post by Trans »

Me likey
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Ya great idea.
JAFFA

Post by JAFFA »

"-This allows for the GT community to work together online and gang up on others. Jump in a vehicle together, have a clan member cover a non-clan member as he takes the CP -- the possibilities are endless."

LOL! Good idea. I shall change my gamespy id tomorrow perhaps....

Btw my battlefront name is actually JAFFA and not darth burger.
JAFFA

Post by JAFFA »

You guys should make a poll on the homepage, something like this....

-Yes its a good idea i'll change my name now
-Yes its a good idea but i wont change my name yet
-No its a terrible idea
sh4d0wl0rd

Post by sh4d0wl0rd »

That´s a good suggestion.
By the way: I would chose answer one! This GT Beta Squad is a very good idea. I think it will stick the community together and it will give GT members better tactical options and chances in the game.
deathmaster

Post by deathmaster »

ummm, where can i apply for GT?
sh4d0wl0rd

Post by sh4d0wl0rd »

Do you mean GT (alpha) or the upcoming GT-B?

@ Teancum: Did you try create a [GT-B]Teancum profile in SWBF 2? That might be too many letters. At least [GT-B]sh4d0wl0rd are too many.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

@sha4d0l0ord -- I'm not sure, you might have to shorten your name. I'm sure it's probably the same in BF and BF2, but I don't have 2 yet.

@deathmaster -- The GT Alpha Squad (Clan) has been full for quite some time. I'll talk to Guru, it might be time to cut inactive users and hold tryouts. Don't hold your breath, though.
Darth-Derkie
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Re: RE: Announcing GT Beta Squad

Post by Darth-Derkie »

sh4d0wl0rd wrote:@ Teancum: Did you try create a [GT-B]Teancum profile in SWBF 2? That might be too many letters. At least [GT-B]sh4d0wl0rd are too many.
I used [GT]Darth-Derkie In the beta and it is 1 character longer than [GT-B]sh4d0wl0rd.
WHITE_RAVEN

Post by WHITE_RAVEN »

I think its an awesome idea. Since the GT clan does not appear to be taking recruits, it allows members of GT to get a since of community, since we are all GT members one way or the other. :!:
Darthlarrious

Post by Darthlarrious »

you CAN use [GT-B]sh4dowl0rd as a gamespy ID, its just your in-game profile that dosen't allow more than a certain amount of characters.

for example, i can't make a new profile for me being [GT]Darthlarrious, BUT, i can go to the Gamespy login screen, and put my name as [GT]Darthlarrious, and Voila!

Metal On

Darthlarrious

P.S. Teancum, this is a GREAT idea, it will bring up curiousity on who GT-B and GT are and eventually bring more pplz here
sh4d0wl0rd

Post by sh4d0wl0rd »

Thx for the hint. I´ll do so if the GT-Beta Squad is official.
Talibanman

Post by Talibanman »

this is the greatest idea since electricity and umm.. chocolate chip cookies :D . guess ill change my gamespy account :)
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

@ sh4d0l0rd -- this is official. We urge all gametoasters (lol -- toasters) to use this prefix.
deathmaster

Post by deathmaster »

i'm using it
JAFFA

Post by JAFFA »

i am now [GT-B]JAFFA
pYRo

Post by pYRo »

i think it sounds awesome. Im (GT-B)pYRo
Epena
Old School Staff