Should I try out?

Posts relating to [GT] Clan in SWBF1 go here. Ranks, Members, benefits of joining our fun mod clan are all here.

Moderator: Moderators

PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Should I try out?

Post by PvtParts »

Yo guys, I posted a comment towards the recent news bulliten, and figured i'd throw up a thread here...title explains enough;

Im considering trying out for the clan. I spent a long time in a clan with a group of great guys in counter-strike:source, but funding was cut short and it died. I also spent a short time in a day of defeat: source clan, but, well school/life got in the way and I had to resign.

So now that summer is hear (and although I realize that although I will be surfing most every day of the week, and working out in the mornings) I think its high time i try out for a clan and get myself involved.

So far as skill, i consider myself a decent player (from the short bf2 internet experience i have). Since I come from CS:S, I am used to aiming for the head and all the other garbage you learn from that game. I honestly think that that game really helps - if you want to get good all around, get good at CS:S. Take my word for it.

Now when it comes to clan 'friendlyness', I dont think I've had any real issues around here (I know I never have had any in any of the other clans ive been involved with) with behavior or lack thereof, I try to keep my more extreme thoughts, particularly in arguements that may strike a personal nerve, to myself, as like the great President George Washington once said, "Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics; Even if you win your still retarded." Though the one thing I cannot be expected to do, is donate money. I would love to if it grew on trees, but to be frank I have better things to spend my money on. (not mean. please dont take it the wrong way..you must realize im 14, 15 in August, and the money I make is best spent on something that is more important. Such as a car, college...etc etc)

So Im not worried about having disagreements, or not being good enough (though we'll see how that goes if I try out - cause I sure as hell am not a bragger, and even saying that is kind of retarded. So dont take it like im saying im a pro... Im just trying to give you all a bit of an idea of how I percieve myself.) But I dont want to join a clan and not be there when its needed. Im not sure where we stand competetively, but I wouldn't want to leave you all hanging when an important game arives. This is why I am undecided. For me, computers/games aren't as big a part of my life as they are for many people around here (particularly the younger members. Also, im not saying anything against you, so dont take this offensivley). I spend a lot of my time at the beach surfing, playing sports, hanging out, and my personal friends take presidence over my 'internet' friends (not that I dont like you guys, but im sure you all get where im coming from, and what im getting at). So I'm curious to see others opinion of what I should do.

With that said, all I can ask is that you tell me what you think, give me input on your perspective of me from my activity on the forum, and just throw in anything you've got to say on the matter.

Thanks,

Parts
geoman777

RE: Should I try out?

Post by geoman777 »

I say feel free to try out. There really isnt a time schedule during the SWBF2 events. It is just free form and you can challenge any other clan that has players ready any time you want. Winning teams submit the winning matches. So there really isnt a time problem, unless your gone the whole week, lol. And there isnt a required amount of matches. If you only want to play one during the span of the week then that is fine.

So, I say again, try out. If you feel like you can make it then go for it. Like i said there is nothing required, except you should join with the intention with playing(not a problem with you) but it lead to the clan being locked last time.
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

Yep. I agree with geo. Go for the tryouts. I'm going to go ask a few more [GT-B]'s to go for it if they are up for it. Others, some deserve to be in the clan without having to try out. *Becuz of what they did during cw, bw.*
Epena
Old School Staff
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Epena »

Yes, go ahead. We're nice, we're not demanding of your time, we are awesome, we have highly skilled players (ie, we dont suck like some 'open to all who want to join' clans) and most of all we understand that real life is 107% more important than internet.

Go ahead and try out. You'll like it.
Qdin
Old School Staff

Post by Qdin »

hmm...

what if your whole life is depending on internet business? :o think about that :wink: lol

But if you ask me - one of the 1st Generation [GT]'s :wink: - then the whole essence of this clan is not to be competitive, which some seem to disagree with me in, and just wanna fight as much as possible. We are friends, and many of us had our greatness a year ago, so we don't feel like playing that much anymore :roll: Even though we are usually up for a friendly game on a server, but not for competittive reason, but for fun. If you ask me if I wanna go on a good server for some games, I'd say sure :P

for not to mention that TKing your friends - and they doing payback :P - is also great fun... :wink:

You're welcome to join us, PvtParts, but as said, the clan is locked :o so you could just be a [GT-B] just add your Xfire-username in the Post Your Xfire Username Here-topic :) that way you can hang around with us like if you were in [GT-B] and when you are a natural part of [GT] you can just get promoted :wink:

like that? or are you gonna take the cheesy way and try to be the best on the internet for 3 rounds or something? :roll:
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Qdin wrote:hmm...

You're welcome to join us, PvtParts, but as said, the clan is locked
????
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

Well thats good. Yeah although the DOD:S clan I was in was competetive, our CS:S clan was just like hanging out.

And Qdin you confused me with the quoted statement above, but I assume that this was sarcasm seeing as you said:
or are you gonna take the cheesy way and try to be the best on the internet for 3 rounds or something? Rolling Eyes

And Im glad this clan is more of just hanging out. I prefer that too always training and whatnot, specifically because the more competetive you are, the more time you must devote towards it. (not saying I dont want to devote time to the clan)

Anyhow, you all have swayed me for certain, I will be trying out. Although I am curious as to what Teancum has to say.
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

The clan is NOT locked at the moment, and it's ready for some good old weeding.
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith

Post by yankeefan05 »

The clan is NOT locked. We just had a session for GT clan recruitment. We only recruit t the recruitment times on the GameToast server. Be there at the right time when the next one is if u want to try out.

U r welcome try out but i think Guru will setup a password so people who want to tryout can get there and for GT clan members.