The HELLO / GOODBYE topic

If your posts do not relate to Star Wars post them here. Link to other sites should also have some information, no spam/virus sites.

Remember to read the rules and NO FORUM GAMES.

Moderator: Moderators

ModelJawa
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Jedi Academy
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The HELLO / GOODBYE topic

Post by ModelJawa »

Hello everyone.

I used to post on this forum under another username 10 years ago. Crazy (in a good way) that this site is still up and running! Very happy to see that there seems to be an interest in the classic Battlefront games. :mrgreen:

I still remember how excited I was when I played the Battlefront II demo back in 2005 - the graphics blew my mind. The maps felt huge. I kinda laugh at it now, but even if the Battlefront games have aged, they still hold up and I still enjoy playing them.

Thank you Gametoast for keeping the legacy alive! :music:
Deviss
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Clone Wars Extended
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Post by Deviss »

hello to everyone, i never syad goodbye, but this time i will say hello :D i miss GT and i miss modeling, its great see to everyone again, i hope can help and release new thins for the community :D
CherylCano
Games I'm Playing :: PUBG

Post by CherylCano »

ModelJawa wrote:Hello everyone.

I used to post on this forum under another username 10 years ago. Crazy (in a good way) that this site is still up and running! Very happy to see that there seems to be an interest in the classic Battlefront games. :mrgreen:

I still remember how excited I was when I played the Battlefront II demo back in 2005 - the graphics blew my mind. The maps felt huge. I kinda laugh at it now, but even if the Battlefront games have aged, they still hold up and I still enjoy playing them.

Thank you Gametoast for keeping the legacy alive! :music:
Hello fellow battlefront fan, although you must be quite older than me but we share the same views on the battlefront franchise.
apart from that, my interest has a bit shifted towards playerunknown's battlegrounds.
that a game of today :)
Tusinukas123
Games I'm Playing :: not playing yet

Post by Tusinukas123 »

Hello !

I want to ask, is this forum still alive? :D
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

yes of cause
Lopeta
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: Battle of Dantooine [2003 Clone Wars].
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII-TF2-OW

Post by Lopeta »

Hiya,
I'm a long time Battlefront II player that has played mostly on PS2 since 2006 and sporadically on PC in more recent years (circa 2010), after playing in various cracked versions for PC I finally bought it on Steam and got into modding due to an idea that has kept buzzing in my head for years (more about that later). I came here seeking help and, hopefully, to be of help at some time in the future. Currently I'm still struggling with XSI, but as aforementioned, this is not the place to talk about that.
I don't want to overextend my introduction, so I shall be brief about my personal info: I'm a spanish historian who loves the Star Wars expanded universe, from the movies (even Episode III and VIII), to some video games (like KotOR and Jedi Knight series), to the 2003 Clone Wars TV miniseries (my favorite).
I hope to see you around!
Yours sincerely.
Penguin
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Penguin »

Boy, has it been a very long time since I've browsed through these forums or what? I have recently been on a nostalgia trip, looking through my very old emails and image site hosting accounts looking over old fond memories and it brought me back here for a visit. It's nice to see my old animated website header is still in use even to this day, brings back a lot of fun memories of when I was heavily into the modding scenes for Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, various Half Life 2 source engine mods, and of course: Star Wars Battlefront II.

Over the decades I've tried to get back into modding again with The Elder Scrolls and Fallout series, but just never had the time to dedicate to those ventures with real life and other gaming community commitments.

I still have my ancient and now dusty PC from way back when I used to make SWBF 2 maps with me, though she hasn't been turned on since probably around 2009 or so when I bought my next PC. I think, unless I had repurposed the old hard drives from it, I may still have the old source files from my old maps as well as some harder to find assets given to me from other modders and from a Pandemic developer of unused SWBF 2 assets that never made the disc. If I can set aside the time and get her booted up again I'll see about releasing the source files for all of my old maps. Unfortunately with copyrighting and many of the other assets owners contact information being lost to the void over the years I won't be able to release anything that wasn't solely my own work, but at least my own works would be able to be learned from or continued on by anyone else interested in revisiting some ~12 year old maps.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Always good to have you back, Penguin! If you're on Discord, we have a public server you can join if you'd like: https://discord.gg/hVVUvCN
Dohnutt
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Dohnutt »

Wild. Welcome back, Penguin. Just had a blast from the past. I myself don't come here often, but I pop in from time to time to see how things are going. I hope all is well!
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

hey dohnutt :D everything is great here. But well it's kind of less traffic here, since marth made a Gametoast discord server. But there is a lot of traffic and new mods
Jendo7
Sith
Sith

Post by Jendo7 »

Hello to everyone on gametoast. It's been a long while... I thought I'd check out the BF2 scene again and it's great to see that some awesome mods are still being made for this game. I think the last mod I made was Tatooine: Outpost going back about 10 years at least.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Hey, good to see ya! If you're interested in how things are going we've largely moved to Discord for the day-to-day conversations https://discord.gg/ucSpQwjJ7v
Jendo7
Sith
Sith

Post by Jendo7 »

Hi Teancum, good to see your still around, and thanks I'll definitely check out the discord. I make movie posters now as my hobby but I might try modding again. I've been looking through my old release threads and reminiscing. Modding is the best :)
EaolPrime

Post by EaolPrime »

Hi! I used to mod SWBF2 a few years back and was thinking about it and came back here to see what was going on, but I can't get into my old account (Eaol) because I don't remember how to log into my ancient Gmail account so here I am as a new user!!

Do we have a Discord now, perhaps?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

EaolPrime wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:59 am
Hi! I used to mod SWBF2 a few years back and was thinking about it and came back here to see what was going on, but I can't get into my old account (Eaol) because I don't remember how to log into my ancient Gmail account so here I am as a new user!!

Do we have a Discord now, perhaps?
Welcome back Eaol! There is a discord here - https://discord.gg/hVVUvCN
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Hi everyone, it's been a very long time since I've been on. Just thought I'd drop in and see how everyone's doing.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

sup guys :) its been a while hope all are well.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Discord? Discord! :cpu: I jumped on but don't have an account so I can't post. Thanks Giftheck, I loved the gif you posted. Can't seem to PM you on here since your account page is invalid...

For all you people embedding and re-releasing v1.3, people are still emailing me their tech support questions about your installers :runaway: . At least the answers are normally easy.

Hello and goodbye for another few years. I really haven't played or modded other games since SWBF2. Currently I'm binging LitRPG stores from Royal Road.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Heard yall finally got the prototype maps and assets for BF2 including "Bigger Utapau" and "the ISD with two hangars" (somewhat), wow, never thought I'd see the day. Now we know what was just outside our view in those old trailers and load screens: disappointment and unfinished ideas (but who am I kidding, I love those things). Thought I'd also just stop by and see how things were, glad this place is still being kept up.

Remember forums? Back in the old days you used to have to refresh these things to see new messages, now everybody's on these newfangled Xitters (sure to age well by the next time I come back) and Discords with their instant messages and walled garden information. I do miss the closeness of this place in its prime in some ways, but I also don't think it would have been good if I had just stayed here and only here, good to get out and experience the world and grow, y'know?

Learned a lot of good things here that helped me learn how to work on other games (and how (not) to support communities), and you bet I still take screenshots the same way I always did with those low angles and a character in the foreground to the left or right. Why fix something that isn't broken, after all? (The Engineer is broken, by the way, you should always fix that.)

Hope everyone's doing alright, hope interest in these games never truly falls off, and hope people are still making hundreds of takes on that same field on Geonosis to this day.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

im still playing the old school vanilla swbf everyday lol. that and stronghold crusader, i still play them while the kids are at school between crypto projects