The HELLO / GOODBYE topic

If your posts do not relate to Star Wars post them here. Link to other sites should also have some information, no spam/virus sites.

Remember to read the rules and NO FORUM GAMES.

Moderator: Moderators

commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Re: The HELLO / GOODBYE topic

Post by commanderawesome »

Bye, Marth! And good luck!
ARCTroopaNate
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront - Tides of War
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 RC EAW
xbox live or psn: I have ps4

Post by ARCTroopaNate »

Bye Marth! Good luck, and thank you for all you've done.v
Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: The Wrecked Graveyard_Amongst the Ruins
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1 and 2
xbox live or psn: xbla:Rehmfire49

Post by Zapattack1234 »

Marth8880 wrote:On Thursday, October 2nd, I left for Vancouver, Canada to move into school-sponsored student housing, and today was my first class at the Art Institute of Vancouver. For those of you who don't know, I'm attending school there to receive my diploma in Game Art & Design. It's ranked #8 in the Princeton Review's top 25 Game Design schools in North America (full list), and during most of the program's 18 months, I'll be significantly less active on Gametoast and Mod DB, which means I will be mostly inactive in modding as well. "What does this mean for Mass Effect: Unification though :000000000," asked no one? Well, it means I'll be handing the project over to THEWULFMAN (until I graduate) who will mostly just push updates consisting of primarily art updates as well as the occasional hotfix. In the meantime, I'll be in the process of being taught by industry professionals how to write design documents, design levels, properly manage a team, and so on.

It's been a fun ride. Keelah se'lai. (Heho, probably only like, maybe six of you will even get that reference...)
Good luck. May windows 8 serve you well my friend.
BF2-Master
Captain
Captain

Post by BF2-Master »

So chances are none of you remember me, or if you do, it's not exactly flattering.

This isn't much of a hello/goodbye - I check in every now and then, though rarely post. I've been on GT since the old days and still remember when convering stuff from BF1 was the main basis/goal of many mods. I remember when Y4A's Asajj Ventress was brand spankin' new. I remember when Lord Bandu's conversions were eagerly awaited... all good times. It's a great kind of crazy to see this site is still here, and still has a small but active and loyal community.

I'm not much of a modder anymore - it's not for lack of interest. It pains me greatly to have never completed my mods, but my time has evaporated since college began and my windows 8 laptop can support a smoother BF2 than I've ever had before but I can't get the mod tools quite right, even with the tuts here. I've pretty much abandoned my two previous projects, another remake of my old Cantina map (I was hoping to get someone to help me with a model edit on that one) and the Bespin: Imperial City conversion (which was going fabulous until I added lighting and somehow destroyed the map -_-)

Maybe someday I'll get time and the ability to have things working again and give it another try. My knowledge and patience have *greatly* increased since my heyday of half-assed modding.

Good to see 'yall!
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Welcome back. We're from different GT eras, but I've seen you around in the archives. Always nice to see an old member return, even if it's just to say high.

With Win8 it's unlikely you'll be able to work on creating brand new maps, but you can always do era/side mods.

We've had a few cool mods come out over the last few years so let us know if you need help finding them.
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Engineering Degree

Post by jedimoose32 »

Welcome back! I think you were active here just before I showed up. Looking forward to seeing you around.
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander

Welcome Back! :) I'm relatively new here.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

THEWULFMAN wrote:With Win8 it's unlikely you'll be able to work on creating brand new maps
Wait, why? Does ZE have problems on Win 8? Where is this data I have not seen?
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Noobasaurus wrote:
THEWULFMAN wrote:With Win8 it's unlikely you'll be able to work on creating brand new maps
Wait, why? Does ZE have problems on Win 8? Where is this data I have not seen?
Dude, heh, where have you been. You're the exception not the rule. Every OS since Vista has had issues with ZE. I ran ZE fine on this hardware when I had XP, but then I couldn't once I switched to Win7 (totally worth it though).
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

Oh. I thought that I had seen somewhere that someone else was able to run it on Win 8. Yeah, I'm dropping out of things. I check pretty often, but I don't read half the stuff.
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by jedimoose32 »

I'm running 8.1 and my modtools work fine. ZeroEditor took a little bit of convincing but it's okay for me now. I just used the Windows 7 munge fix, and I had to tinker with the permissions for the modtools folder in order to get ZE working. A fairly long story for a more relevant thread perhaps.
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Post by kinetosimpetus »

Recently installed the tools on a new PC I built and have Win8.1 on. First time running ZE it crashed but I just set my Windows login with full permissions on the folder and now it works. munge files also needed fix but that's standard by now right?
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by jedimoose32 »

kinetosimpetus wrote:First time running ZE it crashed but I just set my Windows login with full permissions on the folder and now it works.
That's more or less what I had to do.
And yep, the munge fix is pretty standard these days.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

I run Win8 x64 perfectly on my computer, as well as my brother's computer and the desktop, all on Win8.
Snork
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Minecraft
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Snork »

Nobody is going to see this, probably. But I'm feeling oddly nostalgic and just decided to check on gametoast and it makes me a little bit deeeepressed. SWBF, and the gametoast community were a really big part of a lot of important years of my life. It's stupid. It was just a game, but now it's just completely dead and it makes me sad. Stupid. Anyway, this pointless communication into space is done.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

I definitely know what you mean, Snork. I'm just sad I missed most of it considering how the year that I joined was when everything started to die down. :(
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by jedimoose32 »

It's certainly not as active as it was in the old days but I wouldn't say it's completely dead. There's a handful of people who frequent the forums and I think most of us are working away on mod projects in some of our spare time. :)
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander

We're in smaller numbers, but we're not dead yet.
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: HearhStone+Fallout
xbox live or psn: Steam: Sean-Nada

Post by TikiXFIP »

Why Hello Gentlemen I bet you guys thought I had disappeared and would never be heard from again. WELL SURPRISE I have returned from the shadows once more. My apologies for the unexplained absence I have been busy taking care of business(SAT's, College, Social Life, AP Classes, etc..) but now I have returned to be GameToast token Fallout Nerd as well as a contributor to the battle front community. I will be looking forward to becoming reaquianted with everyone again 8)
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by jedimoose32 »

Welcome back!