All-Purpose Request Thread (Mk. IV)

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Re: All-Purpose Request Thread (Mk. IV)

Post by Anakin »

Why don'T you just retexture aayla by yourself? As far as i know there is no Talon model/skin yet. It's really not so hard. Just make the blue skin black/white and than add an red layer over it. add some black parts (maybe the way it is done for Darth Maul) and finished ;)

==EDIT==

found this in the assets link thread:
http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=6405
Indytotof
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: SWBF2 Sides Overhaul Mod
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Indytotof »

OK, I give up.

XSI 5.11 crashed and don't want to work any longer in my computer. So there is the final release off the skin and model pack I want to use in my mod and waiting to be converted and all the stuff.

There what the pack include:

- Ahsoka's lightsabers hilt;

- Season 3 Ahsoka Tano;

- Season 5 Darth Maul;

- More accurate Count Dooku;

- More accurate cloaked sith Anakin Skywalker;

- Darksaber;

- More accurate Jango Fett;

- More accurate Ben Kenobi;

- Assassin/Nightsister-like Asajj Ventress (with cape, new skirt and hood included);

- Ep3 Supreme Chancellor Palpatine (pre-Emperor);

- Savage Opress' lightsaber;

- Asajj Ventress' lightsabers (single and double-bladed form);

- Savage Opress;

- TCW Quinlan Vos;

- Death Star Galen Marek;

- More accurate Rahm Kota;

- Juno Eclipse;

- Bail Organa;

- ROTJ Tatooine Luke Skywalker;

- Rahm Kota's lightsaber;

- Galen Marek's lightsaber

Download link: Link removed by Staff

I really want that someone make a Talzin's robe that fit the female model from the Conversion Pack (the model exemple is included in the pack).

Take the time you needed, it isn't that hurry, since I've some other stuff to do and I will be overtaking by my studies.

Thanks.
anaobi
Private Recruit
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SW_BF2 EAW

Post by anaobi »

Hi, I'm new! Please let me post my first comments.

I started to use mods 2 months ago and I have enjoyed a lot.
And I searched maps in which I can play Ahsoka but I couldn't find...
Hidden/Spoiler:
(I also searched Ahsoka assets such as .msh file or something but couldn't find...)
So yesterday I decided to make her model by myself, but today I got up 3am (I am surprised by myself!) and I searched again.
And found this Indytotof 's post!:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="Indytotof"]OK, I give up.

XSI 5.11 crashed and don't want to work any longer in my computer. So there is the final release off the skin and model pack I want to use in my mod and waiting to be converted and all the stuff.

- Season 3 Ahsoka Tano;

- Season 5 Darth Maul;

- Darksaber;

- Assassin/Nightsister-like Asajj Ventress (with cape, new skirt and hood included);

- Savage Opress;

- TCW Quinlan Vos

Download link: skin and model pack

I really want that someone make a Talzin's robe that fit the female model from the Conversion Pack (the model exemple is included in the pack).

Take the time you needed, it isn't that hurry, since I've some other stuff to do and I will be overtaking by my studies.

Thanks.[/quote]
I viewed your assets by 3dobjectconverter.

And they are amazing! This is exactly what I wanted! You made many models what I wanted.
Very nice work! Today I tried to convert them to .msh file to play but I realized that I don't understand about making models, skins or something like that.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I just followed BF2 jedi creation guides recently, I must understand about them first ( and I should figure out how to convert .obj to .msh). So I will worry about .msh files (and creating animations?) later. Now I want to make .combo for Ahsoka to make some her special attack (I'm going to use Aayla for testing).
In the future, I want to make a huge Mortis map which appeared in TV series, season 3 ( if I can, I also want to make Son, Daughter and Father. And I want to use this Ahsoka! (And I want to add her in other maps)

Now I want to ask some (or I shouldn't ask here?),
are you going to make their complete assets (.msh, .odf files, animations and something) later?
And can this Ahsoka have lightsabers each hand in the future?

As you said, I also want Talzin! Anyway, thank you for such great models! Very nice work!
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

Please read the rest of his post:
Hidden/Spoiler:

XSI 5.11 crashed and don't want to work any longer in my computer.
So there is the final release off the skin and model pack I want to use in my mod and waiting to be converted and all the stuff.

- Season 3 Ahsoka Tano;

- Season 5 Darth Maul;

- Darksaber;

- Savage Opress;

- TCW Quinlan Vos;

- Death Star Galen Marek;

- More accurate Rahm Kota;

- Juno Eclipse;

- Bail Organa;

- ROTJ Tatooine Luke Skywalker;

- Rahm Kota's lightsaber;

- Galen Marek's lightsaber

Thanks.[/quote]
Indytotof
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Indytotof »

anaobi wrote:Hi, I'm new! Please let me post my first comments.

I started to use mods 2 months ago and I have enjoyed a lot.
And I searched maps in which I can play Ahsoka but I couldn't find...
Hidden/Spoiler:
(I also searched Ahsoka assets such as .msh file or something but couldn't find...)
So yesterday I decided to make her model by myself, but today I got up 3am (I am surprised by myself!) and I searched again.
And found this Indytotof 's post!:
Hidden/Spoiler:

- Season 3 Ahsoka Tano;

- Season 5 Darth Maul;

- Darksaber;

- Savage Opress;

- TCW Quinlan Vos

Thanks.

I viewed your assets by 3dobjectconverter.

And they are amazing! This is exactly what I wanted! You made many models what I wanted.
Very nice work! Today I tried to convert them to .msh file to play but I realized that I don't understand about making models, skins or something like that.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I just followed BF2 jedi creation guides recently, I must understand about them first ( and I should figure out how to convert .obj to .msh). So I will worry about .msh files (and creating animations?) later. Now I want to make .combo for Ahsoka to make some her special attack (I'm going to use Aayla for testing).
In the future, I want to make a huge Mortis map which appeared in TV series, season 3 ( if I can, I also want to make Son, Daughter and Father. And I want to use this Ahsoka! (And I want to add her in other maps)

Now I want to ask some (or I shouldn't ask here?),
are you going to make their complete assets (.msh, .odf files, animations and something) later?
And can this Ahsoka have lightsabers each hand in the future?

As you said, I also want Talzin! Anyway, thank you for such great models! Very nice work![/quote]

The fact is that isn't me that made those. I found them on the Internet after some research. I've convert .jpg/.png files to .tga files and I was about to do the stuff to convert .glm/.obj files into .msh files when XSI (the program I was about to use) crashed and become impossible to remove/reinstall with other version compatible with the Pandemic Tool (use to convert .obj files into .msh files).

That's why I asked for someone to convert them (and other models, and make a Talzin robe and hood). I know it's a lot of stuff, the "Chosen One" can take all the time he/her want to do that, since I've other stuff to do (and more easier) for my final version off my mod.

And yes, Ahsoka will have two lightsabers (one per hands), Ventress will have one (as seen on the coming book about her and Quinlan Vos, relative to the TCW serie, so it's canonic) but no hair, have a little fur cape, a Death Star Galen Marek-like skirt and a hood. It's all part of the plan.

OFF-TOPIC: I don't think I will included the heroes from Rebels, I'm waiting for realistic 3d models, because I've seen quite amazing 3d model from TCW: two different Plo Koon, Quinlan Vos, Shaak Ti, some Clone Commanders, a bounty hunter droid (not IG-88), Savage Opress, two different Anakin Skywalker, Season 1-2 Obi-Wan Kenobi, Season 1-2-3 Clone Trooper (and season 4-5-6 with different skin), Security Battle Droid, Yoda, Wullf Yularen, Cad Bane, Mace Windu and Ki-Adi-Mundi).

EDIT : Final version of the pack will now include:

- Darth Maul's broken lightsaber;

- Shadow Guard's ligthsaber pike.

As I say earlier, take all the time you need to convert all this stuff.

And there is the final request:

Did some can make a Mother Talzin robe, hood and saber hilt ?

Thanks a lot.
anaobi
Private Recruit

Post by anaobi »

Thank you Indytotof (and commanderawesome) for detail explanation!
I didn't understand your meaning.
Indytotof wrote:The fact is that isn't me that made those. I found them on the Internet after some research. I've convert .jpg/.png files to .tga files and I was about to do the stuff to convert .glm/.obj files into .msh files when XSI (the program I was about to use) crashed and become impossible to remove/reinstall with other version compatible with the Pandemic Tool (use to convert .obj files into .msh files).
I installed XSI Foundation 5.1 30 day trial yesterday and still searching how to convert to .msh.
But... still don't understand how... Is it easy? It seems I need more research...
Indytotof wrote:
And yes, Ahsoka will have two lightsabers (one per hands), Ventress will have one (as seen on the coming book about her and Quinlan Vos, relative to the TCW serie, so it's canonic) but no hair, have a little fur cape, a Death Star Galen Marek-like skirt and a hood. It's all part of the plan.
Wow! Great plan! I like it!
Indytotof wrote: OFF-TOPIC: I don't think I will included the heroes from Rebels, I'm waiting for realistic 3d models, because I've seen quite amazing 3d model from TCW: two different Plo Koon, Quinlan Vos, Shaak Ti, some Clone Commanders, a bounty hunter droid (not IG-88), Savage Opress, two different Anakin Skywalker, Season 1-2 Obi-Wan Kenobi, Season 1-2-3 Clone Trooper (and season 4-5-6 with different skin), Security Battle Droid, Yoda, Wullf Yularen, Cad Bane, Mace Windu and Ki-Adi-Mundi).
I want those characters, too. You still have many things to do!

EDIT
Hi Indytotof, I want to change my second post but it seems it hasn't been posted yet, so I will post again( sorry for many times).
I think I could change them to .msh. But I might have done something wrong.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I am using XSI foundation 5.11 with Pandemic xsi addon. My process was, file>import> .obj_file, edit>select_all, then, file>pendamic_tool>export_mesh.
And I viewed .mesh files by starwars battlefront viewer. All file's color was white and first view was from top. (I wanted to attach the screenshot but I don't know how to attach here...)
Didn't you put color? I think I needed some process to put color before converting. And also do I need to change the angles(x,y,z axis)? I'm still searching about them.
EDIT2:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Last edited by anaobi on Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Indytotof
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Indytotof »

anaobi wrote:Hi Indytotof, I want to change my second post but it seems it hasn't been posted yet, so I will post again( sorry for many times).
Hidden/Spoiler:
I am using XSI foundation 5.11 with Pandemic xsi addon. My process was, file>import> .obj_file, edit>select_all, then, file>pendamic_tool>export_mesh.
And I viewed .mesh files by starwars battlefront viewer. All file's color was white and first view was from top. (I wanted to attach the screenshot but I don't know how to attach here...)
Didn't you put color? I think I needed some process to put color before converting. And also do I need to change the angles(x,y,z axis)? I'm still searching about them.
For put image here, click on "Img" (make sure to browse your image on the internet and put its url here). For editing messages, click on "Edit".

Yes, colors are the .tga files, you need to put them on the model. There is some tutorials here

Good luck and may the Force be with you.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

I think these tutorials should help to convert and make bf2 player models:
https://sites.google.com/site/swbf2modt ... tup-in-xsi
How to get the unit model "animated" (You'll need a better understanding of xsi to know what a few of the "comands" mean):

And how to edit the weights or the character would look weird:
http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=11786
It sounds difficult and it's actually difficult. But after a short time you should understand what the single parts of the character modeling mean (e.g: Weighting, Enveloping...) On yesterday I didn't know anything about that but after a few tries I understood (nearly) everything.

And here how I had massive and funny problems, but also how I got fix that:
http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=30668
anaobi
Private Recruit

Post by anaobi »

Thank you both Indytotof and thelegend !
Indytotof wrote:
anaobi wrote:Hi Indytotof, I want to change my second post but it seems it hasn't been posted yet, so I will post again( sorry for many times).
Hidden/Spoiler:
For put image here, click on "Img" (make sure to browse your image on the internet and put its url here). For editing messages, click on "Edit".

Yes, colors are the .tga files, you need to put them on the model. There is some tutorials here

Good luck and may the Force be with you.
I could put my picture! And thank you for tutorial URL.
Hidden/Spoiler:
EDIT: Sadly, it seems photos in that page aren't working.
I will take a time to study the way and convert them.

Thanks and may the Force be with you, too.
thelegend wrote:I think these tutorials should help to convert and make bf2 player models:
https://sites.google.com/site/swbf2modt ... tup-in-xsi
How to get the unit model "animated" (You'll need a better understanding of xsi to know what a few of the "comands" mean):

And how to edit the weights or the character would look weird:
http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=11786
It sounds difficult and it's actually difficult. But after a short time you should understand what the single parts of the character modeling mean (e.g: Weighting, Enveloping...) On yesterday I didn't know anything about that but after a few tries I understood (nearly) everything.

And here how I had massive and funny problems, but also how I got fix that:
http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=30668
Thank you for many information! The problem you had is funny :P but I guess it was hard to make complete one. The last photo of your trooper is very cool! And I think your problem and solution will help me, too.
I will learn from those sources you told me. Thank you so much.
Hidden/Spoiler:
These days I looked many pages in this community cite. And I thought people in this community are really nice. I'm very happy to join. Please keep this!
Last edited by anaobi on Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Indytotof
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Indytotof »

Final Update for my skin pack:

The Sith Stalker, who look like that in-game (Jedi Academy):
Hidden/Spoiler:

You can take all the time you need.

Good luck and may the Dark Side of the Force be with you !

OFF-TOPIC: After some research, I come accross these:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I've downloading the model and I've now some .png files and .mesh file.

Is there a way (without XSI) to convert the .mesh file into .msh file ?
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

I know someone who'll be happy to see that! ;)
Indytotof
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Indytotof »

I know I've already say that, but it's just an update of the final version of the pack, with more accurate Juno Eclipse and Ahsoka Tano skins.

Take all the time you need to convert them and may the Force be with you !

Thanks a lot.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

I am actually interested in the Force Pike conversion, too.
Indytotof
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Indytotof »

I really need a full tutorial to envelopping models on XSI and someone to reupload the image on this topic: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=13539.

Thanks a lot.
anaobi
Private Recruit

Post by anaobi »

Indytotof wrote:I know I've already say that, but it's just an update of the final version of the pack, with more accurate Juno Eclipse and Ahsoka Tano skins.

Thanks a lot.
At last, my first texturing finished (I still need to do enveloping, make lowrez file and shadow etc)
Hidden/Spoiler:
I used Ben's robe because there was no Ahsoka's (Anakin's robe was too dark for Ahsoka). Later, I will try to change her face to new skin, this time I used face skin from original pack.
Hidden/Spoiler:
This Ahsoka can change her to Season 1,2 (younger) model (white tights and shorter head-tails). I am surprised about the "plan" :P
In fact, XSI doesn't work properly on my 64 bit PC(both windows 7 & 8.1). So I want to try other methods and hope to be able to make first .msh file. At this moment I still have export error after trying solutions in these forums.
Indytotof wrote:I really need a full tutorial to envelopping models on XSI and someone to reupload the image on this topic: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=13539.
I also need photos in this page if you can,
http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?p=210477#p210477
or are there another source?
It is difficult to imagine processes about making shadowvolume and lowrez mesh. (Anyway, first I need to do enveloping and export this Ahsoka succesfully)

Thank you!
Last edited by anaobi on Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

It is difficult to imagine processes about making shadowvolume and lowrez mesh. (Anyway, first I need to do enveloping and export this Ahsoka succesfully)
Actually not. Here in DarthDucks tut how to make models looking better than Pandemic's you can look for shadowvolume and also for the lowrez of your model: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?p=466539#p466539
anaobi
Private Recruit

Post by anaobi »

thelegend wrote:
Actually not. Here in DarthDucks tut how to make models looking better than Pandemic's you can look for shadowvolume and also for the lowrez of your model: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?p=466539#p466539
Thank you for quick reply! I didn't find the page and it seems much better explanations! I will use the source, thank you very much
Indytotof
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Indytotof »

anaobi wrote:
Indytotof wrote:I know I've already say that, but it's just an update of the final version of the pack, with more accurate Juno Eclipse and Ahsoka Tano skins.

Thanks a lot.
At last, my first texturing finished (I still need to do enveloping, make lowrez file and shadow etc)
Hidden/Spoiler:
I used Ben's robe because there was no Ahsoka's (Anakin's robe was too dark for Ahsoka). Later, I will try to change her face to new skin, this time I used face skin from original pack.
Hidden/Spoiler:
This Ahsoka can change her to Season 1,2 (younger) model (white tights and shorter head-tails). I am surprised about the "plan" :P
In fact, XSI doesn't work properly on my 64 bit PC(both windows 7 & 8.1). So I want to try other methods and hope to be able to make first .msh file. At this moment I still have export error after trying solutions in these forums.
Indytotof wrote:I really need a full tutorial to envelopping models on XSI and someone to reupload the image on this topic: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=13539.
I also need photos in this page if you can,
or are there another source?

Thank you!
Just whoa. But hooded version of Ahsoka (and other version that isn't the recurrent season 3 outfit) isn't necessary. As exported Galen Marek (jedi) and Juno Eclipse.

Are you an angel ?
Hill400
Private First Class

Invisible Hand

Post by Hill400 »

Hey,
Has anyone ever created an Invisible Hand map? I feel like that would be a really cool map to play. I was just wondering if anyone knew of one if it exists. If not, would anyone like to work on one with me?

It would also be cool if it had iconic areas like from the movies, i.e.
The Command Bridge
The Observation Deck (Where Dooku dies)
The Batteries
And The Hangar
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AceMastermind »

anaobi wrote:I also need photos in this page if you can,
I fixed the image links in that thread.