SWBF2 Essentials?

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

AzrealX
Games I'm Playing :: WarShift
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

SWBF2 Essentials?

Post by AzrealX »

i just re-purchased this awesome title and it's been a few yrs since i played or modded. "being a father ect" the ver, i have is at V,1.1 so what do i need to do "in order plz" to get the community patch going? i think i used to have two main mods for this, BFX and another can't recall the name. again i'm sry it's been a few yrs. any help would be appreciated. BTW i see alot of people on here needing help with mods. i am a 3D Modeller and if i can help i will ;)
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: WARFRONT + Various Mods for Other Games
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+RC+RTW MTW NTW
xbox live or psn: AlexisVixie

Re: SWBF2 Essentials?

Post by ARC1778 »

Hai. What ya looking for? You'll need all the offical patches, and 1.3 r129.
AzrealX
Games I'm Playing :: WarShift

Post by AzrealX »

it was at 1.1 already do i need the 1.2 patch before the 1.3 ? and there were two mods i was told in the past to get one was BFX and i cant think of the other one. a sides mod or something. it may have been the conversion pack. and i patched using the 1.3 can i remove it then patch to 1.2 then 1.3 without reinstalling the whole game?
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: WARFRONT + Various Mods for Other Games
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+RC+RTW MTW NTW
xbox live or psn: AlexisVixie

Post by ARC1778 »

Maybe? But I'd update to 1.2 just in case, but 1.3 is just a folder in the Addon folder, so move it to your desktop, update it, then move it back.

The Conversion pack I would say is essential, it has all the SWBF1 maps.

What sort of mods are you looking for? New eras? GCW? CW?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Ehhh... I'd skip the 1.2 patch if I were you, unless you like having really obtrusive HUDs in your face, haha. (No offense to whoever built it or anything.) But yeah, just go for the lightweight 1.3 patch (r129, I believe), and make sure you uncheck "Use v1.2 HUD" when you install it.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

ARC1778 wrote:1.3 is just a folder in the Addon folder, so move it to your desktop, update it, then move it back.
Incorrect, the only useful part of v1.3 in that folder is the mission limit checker as it has to spy on all the other addme.scripts. Basically everything else is in ingame.lvl, shell.lvl, and common.lvl files which aren't in the addme folder.

However, you can safely reinstall v1.3 r129 on top of any other patches including itself.

The Official v1.1 Patch is the only official patch and should be installed first.
The Unofficial v1.2 Patch is HUD, side, and weapon model changes.
The Unofficial v1.3 Patch is the Fake Console and shell changes to support additional eras, game modes, and custom campaigns.

v1.2 and v1.3 share two files, so if you want to use both you have to install v1.2 first. However v1.2 is not required to use v1.3.

v1.3 was designed so modders could add extensions to it (custom user scripts and campaign scripts), so hopefully everyone used those features instead of making incompatible shell mods. Meaning install v1.3 r129 last and you'll always be fine.