All-Purpose Request Thread (Mk. IV)

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyAngler
High General
High General
Projects :: Battlefront Halation
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1-2-2015
xbox live or psn: none

Re: All-Purpose Request Thread (Mk. IV)

Post by JimmyAngler »

Yeah I also got the request, but figured it was a scam b/c when he wouldn't give me any specifics on the project.
Deviss
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Clone Wars Extended
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Post by Deviss »

mrcluster wrote:
Deviss wrote:
mrcluster wrote:Can someone make this V-Wing pilot (which some people suggest is a photoshop) a reality? I'd like to use it for one of my maps.

Thanks! :D
Commander_keller did something like that, i will upload skin :) (look like as Clone wars 2003 ARC-fighter pilot)
Alright, thanks! Say, where did you upload it; do you have a link?
here its
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66916785/IMP.rar
SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Where can I get an Ashoka Tano model?

Post by SkinnyODST »

I'm working on a small little mod while also working on my other main mod and to do it correctly I need an Ashoka Tano model. If you can please link me to one (if one exists) that would be AWESOME.
i2Bros
Private First Class
Projects :: SWBF2 Battles of the Clone Wars
Games I'm Playing :: Cod
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

TCW jedi characters obj to msh conversion requested

Post by i2Bros »

Hi guys, sorry if I'm writing this spammy and helpless topic here, but I've noticed that there are a lot of TCW mods out there and all of them share this problem: the lack of jedi assets. So I thought it would be cool for my project and for Cdt.Fox's project or for others
to have at least Anakin, Ashoka and Obi-Wan converted. So I leave you a link with a bunch of models to convert from obj to msh, hoping you will help us out. Of course, needless to say, you are going to be in the final credits of each mod. Thanks for reading and until the next post, farewell!

OBJ Jedi Pack Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5oee0b5msegao ... j.rar?dl=0

EDIT
SkinnyODST wrote:I'm working on a small little mod while also working on my other main mod and to do it correctly I need an Ashoka Tano model. If you can please link me to one (if one exists) that would be AWESOME.
Sadly no one has still converted her to msh, infact I'm stuck like you with my project just for this reason. :(
Oceans14
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Athenova Campaign
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Re: TCW jedi characters obj to msh conversion requested

Post by Oceans14 »

i2Bros wrote:Sadly no one has still converted her to msh, infact I'm stuck like you with my project just for this reason. :(
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=25394

I beg to differ :)
SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: TCW jedi characters obj to msh conversion requested

Post by SkinnyODST »

Oceans14 wrote:
i2Bros wrote:Sadly no one has still converted her to msh, infact I'm stuck like you with my project just for this reason. :(

Oh HELL YEAH!
i2Bros
Private First Class

Post by i2Bros »

Oceans14 wrote:

I don't wanna seem too choosy, but it's not what I'm looking for. Stunning model and textures by the way and thank you for the help at least.

It's time for me to download Softimage and do it by my self :(

EDIT
Hi guys, as many as you known I'm working on a TCW mod project and today I realized this Hardcase skin for CWA Clonetroopers. The fact is that I want to rename the textures (or they will overwrite the basic troopers) but I need XSI to make it work properly (aka rename the msh parts) and I can't do this because I don't own a complete and legal Softimage XSI Mod Tool copy. So I want to ask you this very very little favor: can you please create a new msh (actually is more like changing some names here and there in XSI) for Hardcase giving him these texture names "rep_inf_TCW_hardcase_Trooper_Phase2_..."? I would appreciate a lot and you will be needles to say put in the final credits ;)

SWBFviewer screen:
Hidden/Spoiler:
DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ve4zjxtvmy5u2 ... e.rar?dl=0

p.s. I didn't ask you Cdt. Fox because I know you are super busy and I don't wanna bother since I have more than a debt with you.
SpartanA259
Captain
Captain
Projects :: Orion City
xbox live or psn: Steam: [404] Ash

Post by SpartanA259 »

Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="i2Bros"]Hi guys, as many as you known I'm working on a TCW mod project and today I realized this Hardcase skin for CWA Clonetroopers. The fact is that I want to rename the textures (or they will overwrite the basic troopers) but I need XSI to make it work properly (aka rename the msh parts) and I can't do this because I don't own a complete and legal Softimage XSI Mod Tool copy. So I want to ask you this very very little favor: can you please create a new msh (actually is more like changing some names here and there in XSI) for Hardcase giving him these texture names "rep_inf_TCW_hardcase_Trooper_Phase2_..."? I would appreciate a lot and you will be needles to say put in the final credits ;)

SWBFviewer screen:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

p.s. I didn't ask you Cdt. Fox because I know you are super busy and I don't wanna bother since I have more than a debt with you.[/quote]
This edit wasn't done in XSI so the texture names aren't exactly as you put them but I renamed the textures to "rep_inf_TCW_Clone_Hardcas_Phase2_..." and then just opened the mesh up with the hex editor and renamed the textures the same way there. The textures do still show up exactly like before.
Link if this works for you
http://www.mediafire.com/download/gx1o9 ... rdcase.zip
i2Bros
Private First Class

Post by i2Bros »

SpartanA259 wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="i2Bros"]Hi guys, as many as you known I'm working on a TCW mod project and today I realized this Hardcase skin for CWA Clonetroopers. The fact is that I want to rename the textures (or they will overwrite the basic troopers) but I need XSI to make it work properly (aka rename the msh parts) and I can't do this because I don't own a complete and legal Softimage XSI Mod Tool copy. So I want to ask you this very very little favor: can you please create a new msh (actually is more like changing some names here and there in XSI) for Hardcase giving him these texture names "rep_inf_TCW_hardcase_Trooper_Phase2_..."? I would appreciate a lot and you will be needles to say put in the final credits ;)

SWBFviewer screen:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

p.s. I didn't ask you Cdt. Fox because I know you are super busy and I don't wanna bother since I have more than a debt with you.

This edit wasn't done in XSI so the texture names aren't exactly as you put them but I renamed the textures to "rep_inf_TCW_Clone_Hardcas_Phase2_..." and then just opened the mesh up with the hex editor and renamed the textures the same way there. The textures do still show up exactly like before.
Link if this works for you
http://www.mediafire.com/download/gx1o9 ... rdcase.zip[/quote]
Huge Thanks, Spartan! I'll download immediately this editor, it looks quite useful!
SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by SkinnyODST »

i2Bros wrote:
Oceans14 wrote:

I don't wanna seem too choosy, but it's not what I'm looking for. Stunning model and textures by the way and thank you for the help at least.

It's time for me to download Softimage and do it by my self :(

EDIT
Hi guys, as many as you known I'm working on a TCW mod project and today I realized this Hardcase skin for CWA Clonetroopers. The fact is that I want to rename the textures (or they will overwrite the basic troopers) but I need XSI to make it work properly (aka rename the msh parts) and I can't do this because I don't own a complete and legal Softimage XSI Mod Tool copy. So I want to ask you this very very little favor: can you please create a new msh (actually is more like changing some names here and there in XSI) for Hardcase giving him these texture names "rep_inf_TCW_hardcase_Trooper_Phase2_..."? I would appreciate a lot and you will be needles to say put in the final credits ;)

SWBFviewer screen:
Hidden/Spoiler:

Oo! Your working on a Clone Wars project?! Cool! I'm making a side mod that no one has ever done yet and it would definitely fit in with the clone wars, do you have Ashoka in your mod?
i2Bros
Private First Class

Post by i2Bros »

SkinnyODST wrote: Oo! Your working on a Clone Wars project?! Cool! I'm making a side mod that no one has ever done yet and it would definitely fit in with the clone wars, do you have Ashoka in your mod?
Nope :(

--------------------

By the way I need another little favor, but his one is more tricky and challanging: I wanted to make a Commander Hound model and I have an ARF Trooper model and a Cpt Rex model and I thought it could be a good idea to mix the ARF helmet with Rex's body and remove the ammo pouch and the pauldron to get a new Commander Hound msh.

Commander Hound
ARF Trooper (already reskinned to Hound's armour)
Captain Rex

Also in order to get a Commander Wolffe I could simply get rid of the blue pauldron and the ammo pouch, but still I can't do this without Softimage.
So I give you a link with all the msh files needed:
DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vtfd3feul1hgp ... h.rar?dl=0
Don't worry about the textures, I will eventually reskin them by my self since I'm pretty good at that, just rename them so they don't overwrite anything in my project's folder.
Of course you will be put in the final credits, and also I will release a pack containing every asset used in my mod when I will release the final mod. Thanks for reading and until the next time, farewell!
SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by SkinnyODST »

Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="i2Bros"][quote="SkinnyODST"]
Oo! Your working on a Clone Wars project?! Cool! I'm making a side mod that no one has ever done yet and it would definitely fit in with the clone wars, do you have Ashoka in your mod?[/quote]

Nope :(

--------------------

By the way I need another little favor, but his one is more tricky and challanging: I wanted to make a Commander Hound model and I have an ARF Trooper model and a Cpt Rex model and I thought it could be a good idea to mix the ARF helmet with Rex's body and remove the ammo pouch and the pauldron to get a new Commander Hound msh.

Commander Hound
ARF Trooper (already reskinned to Hound's armour)
Captain Rex

Also in order to get a Commander Wolffe I could simply get rid of the blue pauldron and the ammo pouch, but still I can't do this without Softimage.
So I give you a link with all the msh files needed:
DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vtfd3feul1hgp ... h.rar?dl=0
Don't worry about the textures, I will eventually reskin them by my self since I'm pretty good at that, just rename them so they don't overwrite anything in my project's folder.
Of course you will be put in the final credits, and also I will release a pack containing every asset used in my mod when I will release the final mod. Thanks for reading and until the next time, farewell![/quote]
Holy CRAP that`s awesome. I`ve always wondered: Is the thing your using to view them like that with the blue background a msh viewer? Also, how exactly did you DO this? I`m very interested in this kind of "New models" stuff or whatever it is that people like yourself do. I want to do this kind of stuff too.
CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: BUC and Designated Days
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+EAW+Subnautica

Post by CdtFox »

SkinnyODST wrote: Holy CRAP that`s awesome. I`ve always wondered: Is the thing your using to view them like that with the blue background a msh viewer? Also, how exactly did you DO this? I`m very interested in this kind of "New models" stuff or whatever it is that people like yourself do. I want to do this kind of stuff too.
He didn't do the models, only a hound reskin ;)

Read more about the msh ciewer here https://sites.google.com/site/swbfmodding/swbf-tools and here http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=32462

for modeling Check the Forum's faq ;)
JimmyAngler
High General
High General
Projects :: Battlefront Halation
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1-2-2015
xbox live or psn: none

Post by JimmyAngler »

I need someone to sort of help me out with moving and positioning hud elements. I've read through most of the faqs but it still doesn't make sense to me.
i2Bros
Private First Class

Post by i2Bros »

Does anyone know if there are Attack on Venator assets, mainly .lua scripts? I want to make a side mod for that map.
SnakeEyesRaw
Private
Projects :: Various personal side mods
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 - JKA - KotOR

Post by SnakeEyesRaw »

How might I take the sides for the Imperials and use them as the sides for the CIS?
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

i2Bros wrote:Does anyone know if there are Attack on Venator assets, mainly .lua scripts? I want to make a side mod for that map.
I don't think they were released. However, it may be possible to make your own script based on the number of CPs on the map.
SnakeEyesRaw wrote:How might I take the sides for the Imperials and use them as the sides for the CIS?
Not sure what you mean by this. You mean replace the CIS with the Empire?
SnakeEyesRaw
Private

Post by SnakeEyesRaw »

commanderawesome wrote:
SnakeEyesRaw wrote:How might I take the sides for the Imperials and use them as the sides for the CIS?
Yeah, essentially replacing the CIS with the Empire.
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

SnakeEyesRaw wrote:
commanderawesome wrote:
That's easy. Just copy the Imperial unit setup lines from a GCW mission script and paste them over the CIS ones in your script, then replace every instance of CIS in the script with IMP. Note that unless you change your world's Clone Wars sound files to include imperial sounds, the imperial units and weapons will have no sounds. Learn how to do that here: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4750
SnakeEyesRaw
Private

Post by SnakeEyesRaw »

commanderawesome wrote:
SnakeEyesRaw wrote:
commanderawesome wrote:
That's easy. Just copy the Imperial unit setup lines from a GCW mission script and paste them over the CIS ones in your script, then replace every instance of CIS in the script with IMP. Note that unless you change your world's Clone Wars sound files to include imperial sounds, the imperial units and weapons will have no sounds. Learn how to do that here: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4750
Well, I'm talking more about changing it for every map. Forgive my laymanship, but couldn't I do something with the .LVL files in the side folder? For example I can change what the default clone sides are on every map (at least every map that doesn't use unique sides) by renaming a file "REP". Of course that doesn't work if you try to rename another faction's LVL to "REP" and only works if its another republic sides file. I'm trying to find out if there's a way to change the CIS into the Empire by doing something like that; that way I can just switch out whenever I want. I'm not very knowledgeable on this type of thing quite yet.