Caves? [Solved]

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

authraw
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Caves? [Solved]

Post by authraw »

I'm trying to build a map on a primitive planet with caves, but I can't seem to find any cave models that suit me. The Hoth caves have lights and metal plates on their floors (not very primitive looking), and the Rhen Var caves have that issue with writing over lightsabers. Does anybody know of any other cave models out there that I could use?

I'm looking for something exactly like the caves in Eddie's Ancient Research Facility. Does anyone have access to these models, or something like them?

If not, is it possible to remove the metal plates and lights from the Hoth caves? Or has someone been able to fix the Rhen Var caves?
Last edited by authraw on Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MasterSaitek009
Black Sun Slicer

RE: Caves?

Post by MasterSaitek009 »

Polis Massa might have some caves that would work. What do you mean by "writing over lightsabers" with the Rhen Var caves?
authraw
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: RE: Caves?

Post by authraw »

MasterSaitek009 wrote:Polis Massa might have some caves that would work. What do you mean by "writing over lightsabers" with the Rhen Var caves?
For some reason, the floor of the Rhen Var caves seems to cover up lightsabers and blaster bolts and other particle-y things. I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the way that the models are made. I'll see if I can get a screenshot tomorrow. ;)

I'll check Polis Massa--I don't think it has quite what I'm looking for, but we'll see. :)
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Fix those Rhen Var caves

Post by AceMastermind »

I can try to fix those Rhen Var caves for you if you want, or if you need a specially designed cave made i'll see what I can do.
authraw
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by authraw »

AceMastermind wrote:I can try to fix those Rhen Var caves for you if you want, or if you need a specially designed cave made i'll see what I can do.
Oh, well, that would be great! Either way works for me--I'll PM you and we'll see what happens. Thanks! :)
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

That was squipple's ARF you refer to I believe and he released his assets.
authraw
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by authraw »

Alpha wrote:That was squipple's ARF you refer to I believe and he released his assets.
Right, but the cave pieces were not in that pack (he left out several pieces that he didn't feel were very reusable.) In any case, AceMastermind has provided a solution for me. Thanks!