Animated Addon Request

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Syth
General
General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Animated Addon Request

Post by Syth »

I did some fooling around and it is possible to use any model (pretty much) for an addon to a unit (just like the magna guard cape). I think that this would be awesome if some XSI users imported some models, say the ARC trooper, iscelate the pauldron, kama and ammo packs, center them on a bone (so when its used as an addon it lines up right) and export it (and release it).
The same could be done with jetpacks, recon visors backpacks...

This would allow us to put a jet pack on a Bacara clone or a rebel, put commander gear on the EP3 trooper, and a whole lot of other stuff.

Its alot easier then makeing whole new unit models, and then can be used on any unit.
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Interchangeable parts

Post by AceMastermind »

Making parts interchangeable is good idea, if you have a registered version of the 3D Object Converter and the free XSI Modtool 4.2 you can do this yourself and then send it to me in .xsi format and i'll export it to .msh for you, I may look into trying this also.
Master Fionwë
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Master Fionwë »

Say, could you possibly change the default texture that a unit uses by doing that? Like the default pack .tga that the arctrooper.msh uses, from blue to green, I mean without changing the texture itself.
I have tried using the xsi, but I can't make heads or tails of it, though I can't make heads or tails of the 3-D Converter either. Is there a tutorial or something on how to use the 3-d Converter and the XSI together?
lieutenantcoda

Post by lieutenantcoda »

so is it possible to add that part of the scout troopers helmet that is stcking out and add it to cody's helmet model?
Syth
General
General

Post by Syth »

so is it possible to add that part of the scout troopers helmet that is stcking out and add it to cody's helmet model?
Yah.

EDIT: How would I use object converter to get models into XSI?