The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Post by Teancum »

You get the picture. All ideas go here.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Post by RevanSithLord »

Ah, thanks, Tean...well, continued from the other thread.
My Eventual Post that couldn't get posted cause the topic had locked before I pushed the submit button wrote:True. But it's the idea that counts, I guess. I get what you are saying Sky, and I humbly respect your views behind it, but I just wanted to pitch this out there to, alas, see what people would think about it. Even if it's not 'doable' at the moment, it can present an idea to a way that it 'could be' doable later in a process that allows it to be doable.

I had thought out how, in-fact, it 'could be done', but I just have to think of a finalized process on how to get it to be a reality, if such an idea were to make its way out there.

And by the way, I was just presenting 'SWG and DF' maps as an example.....first and foremost. I very well know there are very few, if any of those types of maps, but I was presenting examples, yet again, as I said. I was saying, basically, maybe if there were more released, there 'could' be specific themes behind some map packs by the community.
delta578
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by delta578 »

What about a Starship Troopers mod? I don't believe anyone has done that yet.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Tean, I've got a bad idea that this will head in the wrong direction unless you put a set of rules. This should be a pre- WIP thread, not a request thread. This is where you collect members (Infact, the first post should have rules, guidelines for the thread, and all the different mod idea suggestions), and set exact guidelines for what you want to have done.

Sorry if this would fit under the "junior-moderating" category, but it seems only fair to say something before this escalates into another Request Thread.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

How about a mappack of missions supporting the Republic Commandos? That would be fun.
Sky_216
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Sky_216 »

Grev wrote:Tean, I've got a bad idea that this will head in the wrong direction unless you put a set of rules. This should be a pre- WIP thread, not a request thread. This is where you collect members (Infact, the first post should have rules, guidelines for the thread, and all the different mod idea suggestions), and set exact guidelines for what you want to have done.

Sorry if this would fit under the "junior-moderating" category, but it seems only fair to say something before this escalates into another Request Thread.
Seconded. Read the post above Grev's for an example of the kind of ideas that'll probably fill up this thread, mostly posted by people who have no idea how hard it is for someone to do the things they suggest.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

I personally think if it starts getting out of hand, then action should be taken. Or, as stated, a set of rules at least for this thread.

Anyways, I think a Pearl Harbor type map, but in space would be sort of cool. Either be an Imperial or Rebel shipyard (I'd prefer an Imperial Shipyard like over Kuat or something) and the enemy attacks by waves of heavy fighters and bombers and catches the Imperials/Rebels by surprise. For the defending side that got caught by surprise, maybe they can have like one effort to turn the tide back against the other side. Heh. I've always found Star Wars maps that could somewhat be based on World History would be fun.
lesovikk1
Captain
Captain

Post by lesovikk1 »

Nova Hawk wrote:How about a mappack of missions supporting the Republic Commandos? That would be fun.
i was thinking of doing that but i cant mod characters or maps very well. i can do concept art.

i was thinking of some of the clone wars maps with the skins for the units and the att and mtt.

also a map of utapau or mustafar they are hardly ever done
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Guys, that's why this idea thread exists. To be brutally honest this is just a spam topic where folks can :quotes: organize mods :quotes: -- in reality anyone who knows something about modding realizes that mods are organized once a lot of work has already been done, and not the other way around.

This topic is for the dreamers, and for those who want to get a team together but don't know how. It's for keeping the SWBF2 General forum clutter down. Now if you've got an idea and want to get a team together you can do it here. If the thread gets too cluttered to keep yourselves organized you can talk via PM or Xfire, or even get enough work done on the mod to merit your own thread.

Bottom line is that this topic is to keep spam/ideas out of SWBF2 WiP and out of the main area of SWBF General. If it seems annoying then you don't need to visit this topic, but it's much less annoying to monitor one topic rather than 5. It's both a request thread and a mod organization thread. Any experienced modder that's worked in a team will tell you that if you really are serious about making a mod you'll just use this thread for a short time and organize yourselves via PM or Xfire. But frankly the entire staff is tired of 10 page "mod" topics that have nothing to show but ideas, ideas and ... you guessed it, more ideas.
Sky_216
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Sky_216 »

Teancum wrote:Guys, that's why this idea thread exists. To be brutally honest this is just a spam topic where folks can :quotes: organize mods :quotes: -- in reality anyone who knows something about modding realizes that mods are organized once a lot of work has already been done, and not the other way around.

This topic is for the dreamers, and for those who want to get a team together but don't know how. It's for keeping the SWBF2 General forum clutter down. Now if you've got an idea and want to get a team together you can do it here. If the thread gets too cluttered to keep yourselves organized you can talk via PM or Xfire, or even get enough work done on the mod to merit your own thread.

Bottom line is that this topic is to keep spam/ideas out of SWBF2 WiP and out of the main area of SWBF General. If it seems annoying then you don't need to visit this topic, but it's much less annoying to monitor one topic rather than 5. It's both a request thread and a mod organization thread. Any experienced modder that's worked in a team will tell you that if you really are serious about making a mod you'll just use this thread for a short time and organize yourselves via PM or Xfire. But frankly the entire staff is tired of 10 page "mod" topics that have nothing to show but ideas, ideas and ... you guessed it, more ideas.
Fair enough.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

I was thinking of starting a 501st themed mappack, but I haven't had the time to do it. There were some battles the 501st was in that wasn't included in the stock campaign. Anyone else can do it if they want.
lesovikk1
Captain
Captain

Post by lesovikk1 »

well i cant mod to save my life. but i have had a dream (i have loads) to make a map pack for star wars republic commando books. from rc:hard contact to rc:order66. trobble is im not a good moder at all. i dont know how to mod skins :x . but i have read the books and have a over acting brain. so who would like to do this with me (il do information really and concept art also upload it when its finished) :clone:
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

lesovikk1 wrote:well i cant mod to save my life. but i have had a dream (i have loads) to make a map pack for star wars republic commando books. from rc:hard contact to rc:order66. trobble is im not a good moder at all. i dont know how to mod skins :x . but i have read the books and have a over acting brain. so who would like to do this with me (il do information really and concept art also upload it when its finished) :clone:
Can you map? Cuz I can work on LUAs and sides and stuff...
I just need to get the hang of it a little more. We can just use the {Delta} members from the Convo Pack assets (if that's alright w/ Tean, Mav, and possibly whoever created the characters & weapons).
Null_1138
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Null_1138 »

I hope I'm using this topic right by asking this, if its not, then someone please correct me. Thanks.

I need ideas for a room in an interior map. I already have a Death Star hangar, a Polis Massa hanger, two Star Destroyer interiors, two Tantive IV tech rooms, and the Endor bunker interior. Does anyone have ideas for another room?
Darth Revan
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by Darth Revan »

I Know This would be one hell of a download but maybe someone could put together a gametoast hosted mods mod pack with BFX and Convo and Maybe BF0 when it comes out so then new people can just see this all in one and install it and theyve then got some of the best mods around ready to play all in one download
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

There's no need to do that. Putting all these mods together would remove their indiviual uniqueness. All the "new" people can learn how to download the mods themselves. And like you said, it would be one hell of a download. Not necessary.
lesovikk1
Captain
Captain

Post by lesovikk1 »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:
lesovikk1 wrote:well i cant mod to save my life. but i have had a dream (i have loads) to make a map pack for star wars republic commando books. from rc:hard contact to rc:order66. trobble is im not a good moder at all. i dont know how to mod skins :x . but i have read the books and have a over acting brain. so who would like to do this with me (il do information really and concept art also upload it when its finished) :clone:
Can you map? Cuz I can work on LUAs and sides and stuff...
I just need to get the hang of it a little more. We can just use the {Delta} members from the Convo Pack assets (if that's alright w/ Tean, Mav, and possibly whoever created the characters & weapons).
i can map a little bit but im not very good a it. the star wars rc is already out way before the conversion pack.
Darth Revan
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by Darth Revan »

Fair Enough AQT
totallytoenails
Private Third Class

Post by totallytoenails »

I've always wanted a D-DAY type of thing, with landing craft and troops spilling out of them and struggling their way up to the walls and bunkers and barbed wire.
elfie
Field Commander
Field Commander
Games I'm Playing :: no games
xbox live or psn: no live

Post by elfie »

I was always thinking of, and actually might do, a map based on the American Revolution in the 1700's, or possibly one in the civil war or maybe even WWI. Either way, I already have a model for a cannon and I could possibly put together one of a Kentucky Long Rifle. Though then I would have to create all of the units with new skins....models...*shudders*. So yeah, if I were to ever do something like this I would have no problem with the new weapons, just the characters. And since there are no vehicles, the props and other models would be very simple.