The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
rkalo
Private Recruit
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:29 am
Projects :: Naboo Gungan Swamps
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Post by rkalo »

Battlefronter wrote:Somebody should make a Naboo map where Obiwan and Darth Maul fought at.
Search for "Naboo: Theed Hangar". There's a youtuber who does a lot of SWBF2 mod reviews, he has a link to the map in the description.

The area you are specifically talking about is only a small part of the map and its only the starting spawn for the CIS. But it is there
AnthonyBF2
Jedi
Jedi
Posts: 1210
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:55 pm
Projects :: SWBF2 PSP+PS2 Conversion
Location: San Diego

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

rkalo wrote:Search for "Naboo: Theed Hangar". There's a youtuber who does a lot of SWBF2 mod reviews, he has a link to the map in the description.

The area you are specifically talking about is only a small part of the map and its only the starting spawn for the CIS. But it is there
Dude your avatar is epic... :funny2:
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Posts: 2162
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:58 pm
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Post by giftheck »

I'd actually like to see a wild west-inspired map. And I actually have a good idea on what I would base it on:

http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/mi ... 1RjI77GCXA

I went to this theme park as a child. It no longer exists now - those photos were taken 5 years after the theme park closed and by now what's left of it has been demolished and replaced with a luxury resort - but I do remember fairly well the layout. You could get two small-sized maps out of it for sure.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Posts: 1089
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:09 pm
Projects :: The Sith Wars II
Location: Denver, CO
Contact:

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Post by Kingpin »

ggctuk wrote:I'd actually like to see a wild west-inspired map. And I actually have a good idea on what I would base it on:

http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/mi ... 1RjI77GCXA

I went to this theme park as a child. It no longer exists now - those photos were taken 5 years after the theme park closed and by now what's left of it has been demolished and replaced with a luxury resort - but I do remember fairly well the layout. You could get two small-sized maps out of it for sure.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Image
#inspired :funny2:
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Posts: 2162
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:58 pm
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Post by giftheck »

Kingpin wrote:
ggctuk wrote:I'd actually like to see a wild west-inspired map. And I actually have a good idea on what I would base it on:

http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/mi ... 1RjI77GCXA

I went to this theme park as a child. It no longer exists now - those photos were taken 5 years after the theme park closed and by now what's left of it has been demolished and replaced with a luxury resort - but I do remember fairly well the layout. You could get two small-sized maps out of it for sure.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Image
#inspired :funny2:
:D

It'd be a good thing then that I remember the layout pretty well, and we still have some old photos and I'm sure even a pamphlet somewhere to do with this place.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Posts: 1089
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:09 pm
Projects :: The Sith Wars II
Location: Denver, CO
Contact:

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Post by Kingpin »

I'm sure that modeling some cowboy hats and creating addon meshes for Han Solo and such would work nicely.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Posts: 1433
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:01 am
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#
Location: Right behind you :)

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Post by thelegend »

Kingpin wrote:I'm sure that modeling some cowboy hats and creating addon meshes for Han Solo and such would work nicely.
You are so right:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Image
Overlordray01
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:32 pm
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Post by Overlordray01 »

I have an interesting idea for a series of maps in Kamino.

You know how there is a map call Kamino:Training Map, Why not expand on that idea and create a much bigger map that involves Clones training with AT-TEs, AT-RTs or other Clone Wars Era Ground Vehicles or another map that involves Flight Training in ARC-170 Fighters,Clone Wars Y-wings, Clone Z-95s, V-Wings and LAAT Gunships for Clone Pilots.
CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:51 am
Projects :: Battlefront Ultimate Commander
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+EAW+Subnautica
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: France

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Post by CdtFox »

What about a Yuuzhan Vong era mod? or custom map including this era, with the attack of Coruscant for exemple...It woul be insane... :D If I remember well Jedimoose was making a Yuuzhan Vong trooper model but I'm not sure...it's a good start if people are interested :D
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Posts: 1433
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:01 am
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#
Location: Right behind you :)

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Post by thelegend »

CdtFox wrote:What about a Yuuzhan Vong era mod? or custom map including this era, with the attack of Coruscant for exemple...It woul be insane... :D If I remember well Jedimoose was making a Yuuzhan Vong trooper model but I'm not sure...it's a good start if people are interested :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD6Ph_o91Ic

Era: Yuuzhan Vong War
Map: Coruscant
CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:51 am
Projects :: Battlefront Ultimate Commander
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+EAW+Subnautica
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: France

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Post by CdtFox »

thelegend wrote:
CdtFox wrote:What about a Yuuzhan Vong era mod? or custom map including this era, with the attack of Coruscant for exemple...It woul be insane... :D If I remember well Jedimoose was making a Yuuzhan Vong trooper model but I'm not sure...it's a good start if people are interested :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD6Ph_o91Ic

Era: Yuuzhan Vong War
Map: Coruscant
:cpu: I'm not a good searcher...
bossrussian72
Private Recruit
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:02 pm
Projects :: Naboo guards variety
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2
xbox live or psn: Spartanghost727
Location: massachusetss

Phoenix Squadron

Post by bossrussian72 »

I have an idea for a mod or at least a map that is based on phoenix squadron. So if you have watched Disney's "Star wars rebels" you would know about the rebel cell "Phoenix Squadron" They are really small being only a cell. But they come equipped with things such as, correlian corvettes, a wings, one b wing, old republic era ships, a modified Cornelian ship, and even an imperial light carrier. There were also tons of light transports with them. There are tons of things that can be explored with them in swbf2. phoenix squadron also has fleet troopers. I think an experienced modeler could make Phoenix squadron rebels easy. If you just use a rebel fleet trooper because they are so similar. Im sure the next season of star wars rebels will have tons of new members and ships joining phoenix squadron. Y wings are confirmed as seen in the season three trailer. So if anyone is looking for a new mod idea I would be great full if you did this topic as there is no other mod like this. And im show how the swbf2 community is still alive making mods for new things in the star wars universe.

Here are some images to help inspire some ideas.

Here is a video with information on them
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mflNRND2dXE

Image links:

"Phoenix Crewmen" http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/sta ... 1130233443

"Different ranking Phoenix Crewmen" http://41.media.tumblr.com/8525d099a785 ... 3_1280.jpg

"A Wing" http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/dis ... 0607162252

"Original fleet season 1" http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/sta ... 0621030842

"Imperial Light Carrier" http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/sta ... 0218012840

"Phoenix Home" http://i.imgur.com/Etyl8fV.jpg

"B Wing" http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/image ... 2E07-3.jpg
MrMew
Private Third Class
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:44 pm
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Post by MrMew »

I had an idea for a map. Started making it, but I never really decided on an appropiate lay out for it. Darkies vs clone jet trooper snipers.
AnthonyBF2
Jedi
Jedi
Posts: 1210
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:55 pm
Projects :: SWBF2 PSP+PS2 Conversion
Location: San Diego

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

MrMew wrote:I had an idea for a map. Started making it, but I never really decided on an appropiate lay out for it. Darkies vs clone jet trooper snipers.
You really don't even need to make a map for that. You can re-assign weapons using Lua.
MrMew
Private Third Class
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:44 pm
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Post by MrMew »

Nah a training style map with obstacles and cover would be good. And drops.
JakeRichman
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:35 pm
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Battle of Jakku Map?

Post by JakeRichman »

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone could make a Battle of Jakku map like the one in the new batttlefront by EA. I know there is a galactic civil war II mod with a jakku map, but what I was thinking of would take place in the original galactic civil war with x-wings, TIE fighters, AT ATs, and other vehicles. Please reply if you would be interested in making this map for the community.


Thanks

-JakeRichman
RubikPanda
Private
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 10:43 am
Projects :: Jakku Salt Flats
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Post by RubikPanda »

One idea that I've had lingering around my head is a Great Hyperspace War mod. Lots of melee units, still some troopers, lots of Sith, Jedi, Massassi, everything would look and feel so different from what we're used to, even compared to something like KotOR, and space battles with early starships and fighters would be interesting. Would take a lot of remodeling and stuff though.

Some pics:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Posts: 2162
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:58 pm
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Post by giftheck »

What with the Scarif map now in SWBFEA, and it having certain... shortcomings, I'd love to see a Scarif map in SWBF2 with the ideas done right: seamless ground-to-space (destructible capital ships with the Rebels actually having to start from orbit and disable the planetary shield before they can get down to the surface), fully pilotable AT-ACTs, U-Wings and TIE Strikers etc.
MissingTexture
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Posts: 380
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:51 am
Projects :: SW Resistance Rising
Location: Toronto, ON

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Post by MissingTexture »

ggctuk wrote:What with the Scarif map now in SWBFEA, and it having certain... shortcomings, I'd love to see a Scarif map in SWBF2 with the ideas done right: seamless ground-to-space (destructible capital ships with the Rebels actually having to start from orbit and disable the planetary shield before they can get down to the surface), fully pilotable AT-ACTs, U-Wings and TIE Strikers etc.
I was thinking the exact same thing earlier today at work, would love to help and see this done! :)
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:40 am
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan
Location: GDSS Philadelphia

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Post by RevanSithLord »

Well, I'd like to say the DD team has something in mind for our own version of Scarif, but sadly probably won't be seamless ground-to-space. It'd be concentrating more on massive amounts of troops on both sides (with our custom DD-gear attached to the Shore and Death Troopers). And I'm trying to convince him to make an AT-ACT, which would make the map a bit more accurate. So while it may not be fulfilling the wishes of people here, we're still giving it a shot. Not going to go into too much detail, but we do have Scarif in the works. I'd like to watch the film before we attempt it, though, but he said he was already giving it a go. Ground-to-space maps need special refinement to actually look good with the transition. I don't know, we might try it out that way. He's been modeling like crazy it seems.
Post Reply