Is SWBF2

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

YouJediJunkie
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Is SWBF2

Post by YouJediJunkie »

Both games would be horrible without the mod tools.

Honestly. :|
EA711
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by EA711 »

Haylay you have to tell us what you want from a star wars game otherwise we can't answer your question properly
Frisbeetarian
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Frisbeetarian »

haylay wrote:ok when i get a chance i will i got BF1 last year i think for cheaper than BF2 but i will be hunting it down and getting it
Oh look :roll: , he already answered his own question. I don't think you need to be asking anything else of him.
Leo the Larg
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Location: With the Cantina Band. You'll never know which one, we all look so alike...

Post by Leo the Larg »

Personally, I say you should.
It is a very good game, has quite good graphics, and works with online multiplayer.
It has solid gameplay, with features like Instant Action, Campaign, Space Battles, Galactic Conquest, Capture the Flag.
In SWBF2 you can also play as a Jedi, with lots of new maps and units.
While the Story/Campaign mode isn't too solid, you can always have a fun pickup game (online or by yourself)
However, many of the original maps from SWBF1 have been removed, but you can download the Conversion Pack 2.0, which brings back the old maps and gives you a new era, KotOR (Knights of the Old Republic)
And, as you can see, many people mod the game. There are always new maps and mods coming out.

All in all, definitely worth being bought.
breakdown
Lance Corporal

Post by breakdown »

Nova Hawk wrote:Yes, buy the game. BF2 is way better than BF1... and there's a lot cooler mods such as the Conversion Pack, BFX, and more.
Not for long...watch out for something stellar for SWBF1 coming soon

I can't really comment on this, as I haven't played SWBF2, except on the PS2 ages ago, but I'd like to remind people that graphics aren't everything, and I think whoever said it is right, SWBF1 feels more true to the SW universe, but, just buy the game and we'll see what you think
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

breakdown wrote:
Nova Hawk wrote:Yes, buy the game. BF2 is way better than BF1... and there's a lot cooler mods such as the Conversion Pack, BFX, and more.
Not for long...watch out for something stellar for SWBF1 coming soon
No offense, but does it include:
  • Playable jedi that actually have more than just one saber swing
  • More than 5 factions
  • Space battles
  • More than two eras
  • Multiple gametypes besides Conquest, all selectable from the menus
  • Unlockable units and awards
Again, no offense. SWBF1 was, and always will be a great game. But to say it can compete directly with SWBF2's features is a very tall order.
breakdown
Lance Corporal

Post by breakdown »

I was referring to his comment on how SWBF2 has all the cool big mods, I'm only saying SWBF could be getting a "cool big mod" as well soon, I'm definitley not saying it would make it superior to SWBF2 for new abilities like you listed etc. No offense taken. I apologise if my quoting was a tad mis-understandable
B-1Burt
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by B-1Burt »

Don't get the PS2 version, you can't download any mods for. Yeah, there are modded severs but can that really compete with. BFX, Dark Times, all those shiny new maps? No, it can't. Oh, and he already does have BF1. But BF2 runs a lot smoother than BF1 for me, and its runs without the disk. Those two reasons are why I never play BF1 any more. But I feel BF1 was more polished than BF2, the menus looked better and the map was more intuitive. But yeah, get the game.
Kaos4
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Kaos4 »

Kinda off topic, but: I unistalled SWBF 2 a long time ago, but I was thinking about reinstalling it. How is the online community? Are there a lot of people, or is it practically dead? I guess the answer might also help haylay decide what to do.
Frisbeetarian
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Frisbeetarian »

This topic has been off-topic since the end of the first page...

As to your question, the online community is plenty big. During weekdays, at least one of the big servers is filled with another filling up at night in the US. The weekends will see about two big servers filled with smaller servers (~16 people max) becoming filled at times. Most of the big servers are FF off, though the hero assault servers are an exception (though it seems like the immature crowd hangs out at these servers). About the only time that very few people are on is dawn over the Atlantic (~7-8AM GMT) on weekdays.