The fake console's Code console

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Master Sergeant
User avatar
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:55 pm
Location: South Carolina
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2_SWBF_SWRC
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

The fake console's Code console

Postby ZaxusFett » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:19 pm

What are the codes to the code console and how do they work :oops: and can someone give me a list Please ive been wanting to test it but idk what the codes are :(

Master Bounty Hunter
User avatar
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:53 pm
Location: New York, USA
Projects :: WIP. I will reveal what it is later on..
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2-SWRC
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The fake console's Code console

Postby Cerfon Rournes » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:42 pm

I think that it is on Zerted's website, but the link Is down right now..
However, I downloaded what I think you are looking for a few days ago. :)
SWBF2 v1.3patch RecoveredSource

Mediafire

Master Sergeant
User avatar
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:55 pm
Location: South Carolina
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2_SWBF_SWRC
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The fake console's Code console

Postby ZaxusFett » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:24 pm

i want to know what they do and how they work/ just the code and what it does

Jedi Admin
User avatar
Posts: 11025
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:42 pm
Location: Indiana
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The fake console's Code console

Postby Teancum » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:35 pm

Are you talking about the actual Fake Console code section or the hidden cheat code section on the Instant Action menu? If you're talking about the actual Fake Console that item lets you put in any lua code and execute it. As long as you know lua you can execute it there.

Master Sergeant
User avatar
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:55 pm
Location: South Carolina
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2_SWBF_SWRC
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The fake console's Code console

Postby ZaxusFett » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:45 pm

what are the lua codeS?


Master Sergeant
User avatar
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:55 pm
Location: South Carolina
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2_SWBF_SWRC
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The fake console's Code console

Postby ZaxusFett » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:54 pm

Wow this is harder then I thought it was. :cpu:

Droid Pilot Assassin
User avatar
Posts: 2151
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:56 pm

Re: The fake console's Code console

Postby Noobasaurus » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:58 pm

AddShield is in lua? Wow. When I use code console it's usually to enter that on a hard campaign.

Jedi
User avatar
Posts: 1227
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:21 pm
Location: at a computer desk floating around in space
Projects :: making random weapon assets
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and more
xbox live or psn: PS3 beats xbox

Re: The fake console's Code console

Postby Dakota » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:35 am

all the code console does is let you type in lua codes to run ingame, i find it useful for games of juggernaut without having to set up a custom script (even though i already have about 3...)

the codes as said above are the lua codes, not all of the codes really work in the code console and most tend to crash in multiplayer, like the unit weapon changing thing. it can be quite fun on single player or in multiplayer if you know the right codes to use.

i haven't tested an addshield or the addjetpack thing in multiplayer yet...



it can be a bit slow with typing in that small box without a way to move your typing line back to fix a little mistake you made in the beginning though. :/

Gametoast Staff
User avatar
Posts: 2973
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:36 am
Location: USA
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The fake console's Code console

Postby [RDH]Zerted » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:24 pm

There is no list of Fake Console codes. 'codes' means programming code not cheat codes. It is a development console that lets modders tweak their maps without having to remunge for every little lua change. It can be used to during play to mess with things, but that's more of a side effect. It's easier to use the other Fake Console commands to do things or to make a custom user scripts that adds the commands you want to the Fake Console (so you don't have to retype them over and over again).

If you find yourself typing the same things into the console, feel free to send me the command and if I think it might be useful to other people, I'll include it in v1.4 (if that ever comes out...). I tired to include everything I could think of a standard player would want to do into v1.3's list of Fake Console commands.

Dakota wrote:it can be a bit slow with typing in that small box without a way to move your typing line back to fix a little mistake you made in the beginning though. :/
If you know of another input field in SWBF2 that lets you do that, tell me and I'll try to recreate that input box for the pop-up prompt. None of SWBF2's input fields were designed for a lot of text and it's not worth my time to hack together a new one. Commonly repeated console lines should be put into custom user scripts that add those lines as user made Fake Console commands.

Lance Corporal
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:24 am
Location: In front of my english vocab and translating my confused thinkings into English....
Games I'm Playing :: Bf2 EAW EAWFOC[SI]
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The fake console's Code console

Postby baumerindustries » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:26 am

If you know, how objects(like medical droids and so on) are called, you kan kill them with:
KillObject("Name")
and you kan respawn them with:
RespawnObject("Name")

Jou can get their names with Zeroeditor, but it would take time, and I'm not 100% sure, if it works in Multiplayer....

Droid Pilot Assassin
User avatar
Posts: 2151
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:56 pm

Re: The fake console's Code console

Postby Noobasaurus » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:27 pm

[RDH]Zerted wrote:If you know of another input field in SWBF2 that lets you do that, tell me and I'll try to recreate that input box for the pop-up prompt. None of SWBF2's input fields were designed for a lot of text and it's not worth my time to hack together a new one. Commonly repeated console lines should be put into custom user scripts that add those lines as user made Fake Console commands.

Would it be possible to make it able to paste things into there instead of having to write it manually?

Gametoast Staff
User avatar
Posts: 2973
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:36 am
Location: USA
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The fake console's Code console

Postby [RDH]Zerted » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:32 pm

Paste from where? If you have a text document with a bunch of commands you want to use, put them all into a custom user script. If you need help on that, let me know.

Droid Pilot Assassin
User avatar
Posts: 2151
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:56 pm

Re: The fake console's Code console

Postby Noobasaurus » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:35 pm

[RDH]Zerted wrote:Paste from where?

Pasting from a Notepad document or something. (the one used in coding things)

Jedi Admin
User avatar
Posts: 11025
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:42 pm
Location: Indiana
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The fake console's Code console

Postby Teancum » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:43 pm

If you have a custom script you created ahead of time you can just call one function to do whatever you want. That's what Zerted is talking about.

Jedi
User avatar
Posts: 1227
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:21 pm
Location: at a computer desk floating around in space
Projects :: making random weapon assets
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and more
xbox live or psn: PS3 beats xbox

Re: The fake console's Code console

Postby Dakota » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:01 pm

Noobasaurus wrote:
[RDH]Zerted wrote:If you know of another input field in SWBF2 that lets you do that, tell me and I'll try to recreate that input box for the pop-up prompt. None of SWBF2's input fields were designed for a lot of text and it's not worth my time to hack together a new one. Commonly repeated console lines should be put into custom user scripts that add those lines as user made Fake Console commands.

Would it be possible to make it able to paste things into there instead of having to write it manually?


No.

direct answers are your friend.

Droid Pilot Assassin
User avatar
Posts: 2151
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:56 pm

Re: The fake console's Code console

Postby Noobasaurus » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:11 pm

Dakota wrote:
Noobasaurus wrote:
[RDH]Zerted wrote:If you know of another input field in SWBF2 that lets you do that, tell me and I'll try to recreate that input box for the pop-up prompt. None of SWBF2's input fields were designed for a lot of text and it's not worth my time to hack together a new one. Commonly repeated console lines should be put into custom user scripts that add those lines as user made Fake Console commands.

Would it be possible to make it able to paste things into there instead of having to write it manually?


No.

direct answers are your friend.

Direct explanations are my BFFs.

Field Commander
User avatar
Posts: 939
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:37 pm
Location: Lost at sea
Projects :: Ha - as if I will ever get back to them
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 ARK EliteDngrs
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The fake console's Code console

Postby [TFA]Padawan_Fighter » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:59 pm

Cerfon Rournes wrote:I think that it is on Zerted's website, but the link Is down right now..
However, I downloaded what I think you are looking for a few days ago. :)
SWBF2 v1.3patch RecoveredSource


That link's down too :\

Master Bounty Hunter
User avatar
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:53 pm
Location: New York, USA
Projects :: WIP. I will reveal what it is later on..
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2-SWRC
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The fake console's Code console

Postby Cerfon Rournes » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:34 pm

[TFA]Padawan_Fighter wrote:
Cerfon Rournes wrote:I think that it is on Zerted's website, but the link Is down right now..
However, I downloaded what I think you are looking for a few days ago. :)
SWBF2 v1.3patch RecoveredSource


That link's down too :\


No worries.
SWBF2 v1.3patch RecoveredSource.zip:
Mediafire
GameFront

Posts: 4
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 8:08 pm
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: StarWars Battlefront
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The fake console's Code console

Postby Revolutionary1Shadow » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:41 pm

If you wanna see a really good list just look in the odf. folder.

Alot of good stuff in there.


But here is meh favorite:

SetClassProperty("imp_inf_dark_trooper","MaxHealth","200")

Next

Return to SWBF2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest