***.filefront.com sites are now permanently offline

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: ***.filefront.com sites are now permanently offline

Post by AceMastermind »

I know there was more than 1 file submitted in 2015. I have yet to find a single link with every mod or map listed. Like I said before, Gamefront is a mess, there might be another whole folder structure buried somewhere. Keep searching.

EDIT
I couldn't find Alaris Prime: Gorge on Gamefront, but there is a Mediafire link under this YouTube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBLOdkxHTk0
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

I released that map here on Gametoast first, by the way!

I think it's safe to say that recently-released maps/mods by Gametoast members found on SWBF Files can also be found in some Released Map & Mods topic, using a non-Gamefront/non-SWBF Files download link. Because I don't think anyone in their right mind would release their stuff through SWBF Files first, especially with its very slow approval system, and provide the first download link that way. :P
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

My skin changer mod isn't even on GameFront. Just on Mod DB.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Didn't we upload all our stuff to GT the first time we thought filefront was being tanked?
_DeltaForce_
Private Second Class
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Minecraft

Post by _DeltaForce_ »

AQT wrote:I think it's safe to say that recently-released maps/mods by Gametoast members found on SWBF Files can also be found in some Released Map & Mods topic, using a non-Gamefront/non-SWBF Files download link
I remember tons of broken Mediafire links here on GT :D Though I was searching for hardly used modding assets mainly.
It would still be awesome if we could build some extensive archive of all the files ourselves with links that do not break due to inactivity of the files. Which, in case you do not want to invest a lot of money for hosting, is impossible, I know...
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

_DeltaForce_ wrote:I remember tons of broken Mediafire links here on GT :D
That doesn't sound right... Are you sure you're not thinking of MegaUpload, which was taken down in early 2012? Because out of all the main file hosting services we've used (regular Gamefront/Filefront, FileFactory, etc.), Mediafire and Dropbox are the most reliable in terms of producing download links that last quite a while. Heck, the +123 assets were reuploaded via Mediafire in early 2011 and the link is still alive and kicking.
Twilight_Warrior wrote:Didn't we upload all our stuff to GT the first time we thought filefront was being tanked?
Yeah, we used to have our very own download section, but I don't remember the details of its disappearance. There are files that were only found there that still haven't been recovered yet even till this day. :(
commanderawesome wrote:My skin changer mod isn't even on GameFront. Just on Mod DB.
Then you and anyone else seeking your mod have nothing to worry about. :wink: The point is that GT-developed maps/mods aren't exclusive to SWBF Files and can usually be found somewhere on the forums first and foremost.
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AceMastermind »

It looks like the 2015 stuff vanished from their database. Not every file submitted to SWBFFiles was released on Gametoast. While it may be possible to find links to these files elsewhere, submitted files were supposed to be safe. I wonder how much of their database has gone corrupt, missing or been deleted.
BF2-Master
Captain
Captain

Post by BF2-Master »

No file service is 100% reliable and some MediaFire links degrade over time as well, though is the most reliable service I've dealt with, especially since the sudden and unexpected death of Savefile years ago.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Before my big move and retirement from games I packed all of my stuff on a hard drive. At the time I don't have a computer where I can access my drive but I did save alot of mods (35gb+)

I also kept the dedicated server manager installers for swbf2 and swbf1 for PC and PS2.
If I can eventually, I will upload anything I think is rare.
RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by RedHardcore »

Well, good thing I got every map I wanted (except Virmund - City 1.1, and if anyone has the file, please let me know) so I guess I'm not too disappointed. Although google is our best friend :). We also have http://www.gamewatcher.com/ which doesn't have as many files as FileFront had.
_DeltaForce_
Private Second Class

Post by _DeltaForce_ »

RedHardcore wrote:except Virmund - City 1.1, and if anyone has the file, please let me know
I'm guessing this is not what you were looking for (looks like the first version)?
Isaac1138
Corporal
Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: BF1+2 stronghold

Post by Isaac1138 »

RedHardcore wrote:Well, good thing I got every map I wanted (except Virmund - City 1.1, and if anyone has the file, please let me know) so I guess I'm not too disappointed. Although google is our best friend :). We also have http://www.gamewatcher.com/ which doesn't have as many files as FileFront had.
I have thst map. So if you have every other map, do you have NullCommando´s Last Map Naboo - Plains?
RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Post by RedHardcore »

_DeltaForce_ wrote:
RedHardcore wrote:except Virmund - City 1.1, and if anyone has the file, please let me know
I'm guessing this is not what you were looking for (looks like the first version)?
Yeah I'm not looking for 1.0 because it has a spawning bug I can't stand, and 1.1 I believe was suppose to fix that annoying trap bug that and also has CTF.
Isaac1138 wrote:
RedHardcore wrote:Well, good thing I got every map I wanted (except Virmund - City 1.1, and if anyone has the file, please let me know) so I guess I'm not too disappointed. Although google is our best friend :). We also have http://www.gamewatcher.com/ which doesn't have as many files as FileFront had.
I have thst map. So if you have every other map, do you have NullCommando´s Last Map Naboo - Plains?
I don't have that map sorry :/ If you have 1.1, that would be awesome :)

Sorry if this is going off topic.
_DeltaForce_
Private Second Class

Post by _DeltaForce_ »

How about posting here? :-)
RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Post by RedHardcore »

_DeltaForce_ wrote:How about posting here? :-)
already did and no luck :/
Jendo7
Sith
Sith

Post by Jendo7 »

I don't know if this has already been posted but the majority, if not all the Filefront SW Battlefront 2 maps can be found on gamefront at this link:

Gamefront/Star Wars Battlefront 2 Files/Maps
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AceMastermind »

I have that link and a collection of others in my first post on page 1 of this thread.
Unfortunately there is no single link to all of the maps, they are stored in more than one location in their database and their search index is screwed up also. I don't know how it is now, maybe they fixed it.
_DeltaForce_
Private Second Class

Post by _DeltaForce_ »

I am currently (or better say sporadically over the last month or so) trying to extract the links to and meta information of all of the files on gamefront on these two locations automatically as well as links to files on archived filefront websites for screenshots, descriptions etc., to eventually compile a list out of them all. Judging from that retrieved data, it seems the number of distinct files on those two locations* at gamefront are roughly about 1,500.
I don't have a clue how many files were on filefront in the end, as I believe the counter that used to be on the right of the website was broken for quite some time. Actually, it seems like it broke somewhere in 2011, displaying 1486 files. Don't know how many files were added in those four years from 2011 until the shutdown, but I'd reckon not that many, so maybe those two sources are actually quite complete already. On the other hand there may be files on gamefront that were not on filefront or something...

* two locations: this one and those under "http://www.gamefront.com/files/listing/ ... /<category>", where <category> is one of the eight filefront categories
RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Post by RedHardcore »

Does anyone need a bunch of maps? Fortunately, just before Filefront shutted down, I browsed all of the site's maps and map packs (and maybe a few mods and possibly stuff elsewhere) once more to pick up my favorite maps (except Virmund: City 1.1). Just a whole bunch of random stuff. If anyone wants, I can upload all of it on here. If you need to bypass the 500 mission limit, just duplicate your gamedata folder and switch between the two when you want to play different maps/mods. for example, I have 2 gamedata folders, one in the SWB2 folder and one on my desktop. One of them has a whole bunch of maps with conversion pack, and the other one also has a bunch of maps with bfx and dark times 2. I also have maps and a few mods that I have never opened up yet.