Someone is taking donations for your mods!

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Re: Someone is taking donations for your mods!

Post by guru »

If you guys work together to do it right I see no reason not to put that file
Up again with proper credits , I don't even care about gametoast credits or money or anything it's that each person who created needs to get his credit for work.

Either way I think their was deception involved at several points so until it's done right it's tossed
nate1265
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by nate1265 »

Why cant he just put it back with proper credits?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

nate1265 wrote:Why cant he just put it back with proper credits?
Because HE made money from OUR work. All he did was compile it all together and clean up the UI. If it had never been offered for money people wouldn't care as much, but the damage has been done.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

Post by guru »

asking for money for others work and removing credits from each of the mods and erasing posts to his page about the fact that the items were not his work. he knew what he was doing and no has a new avatar rank image to reflect that. next offense of any kind will result in permanent ban via ip range and or country.
RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2

Post by RedHardcore »

This is sad :( people stealing other peoples work. But that's just 1 in thousands of leechers.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

I actually never got to see the original download before it was deleted. Is it just a hodgepodge of maps/units/assets from mods, or mods bundled together? For example, is it BFX/Convo units on, say, Marvel4's maps? Or is it just the convo pack PLUS BFX and so on. Either way, I think that neither of those are acceptable. Just curious.
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by DylanRocket »

Kingpin wrote:I actually never got to see the original download before it was deleted. Is it just a hodgepodge of maps/units/assets from mods, or mods bundled together? For example, is it BFX/Convo units on, say, Marvel4's maps? Or is it just the convo pack PLUS BFX and so on. Either way, I think that neither of those are acceptable. Just curious.
I think it was basically somebody uploading a bunch of mods bundled together(basically his addon folder) and I think there was a shell mod.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

To answer your question KingPin, it was a hodgepodge of maps/mods all condensed into one download which totaled about seven GB. Many of the mods included the bigger mods such as the Conversion Pack, Battlefront Extreme, Battlefront Zero, Pax Empiricae, The Sith Wars, Tsunami Mode, Empire Rising etc. There were also a few Galactic Conquest modes such as the KOTOR Galactic Conquest, Jedi Civil War and an exclusive Galactic Conquest that came with the Ultimate Pack. There were many mod maps added in as well, such as: the Beack Troopers mod Maveritchell made, Rise of the Empire, Mon Calamari: Battle of Dac, Concord Dawn etc. There was even an exclusive map from the Ultimate Pack which was Sereja's Battlefront 1 map Naboo: Otoh Gunga which must have been ported over by this guy. As you were saying about Battlefront Extreme units being playable on Marvel4's maps, that was the case for some maps like Concord Dawn that had a KOTOR Era to it.
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by DylanRocket »

MikeTheBeast55 wrote:There was even an exclusive map from the Ultimate Pack which was Sereja's Battlefront 1 map Naboo: Otoh Gunga which must have been ported over by this guy.
I'm 99.9% sure that he didn't do anything but munge the source files that were already converted by Deviss and some others here: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php? ... 2&start=40
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Well Dylan, you probably are right about him munging all that together to make the map. I followed that forum you linked me to until people stopped posting on it so I automatically assumed that they had stopped working on the map or were busy. It is still was an awesome ported map nonetheless. Maybe when it is 100% complete, I will download the map but I expect it to take quite a while to do.
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by DylanRocket »

CloneCommOmar wrote:He actually helped Deviss on the project (check the WIP)

Check my video to see how the map is -probably only video of the map- :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpKoAoes2ms

(800x600 because my PC lags when recording in 1920x1080)
Oh yeah, that's true. Still, I don't believed he credited anyone else who were also working on converting that map.

I've munged the map myself using the source files and it's a really cool map.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Re: Uploading the Pack again (with credits)

Post by Anakin »

Make sure you have the permission from EVERYONE!! There are some readme tell you that you are not allowed to mirror the download link. You'd need to check all these files, include them in the download, to make sure you have everyone credited in the mods in your credits, too. And you'd need the permission of xap4o to use his installer GUI.

If you made all this, you should be allowed to reupload. please correct me if i'm wrong

It's not done by just adding an readme where you list the main devs of the mods and that's it.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefront-f ... mate-pack1
Not this again. Someone thinks they are being a hero by reuploading this. For goodness sake it has mods that some of you guys already put up on there. Lol obviously lazy ppl are attacking me and aqt because we have a problem this link.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class
Projects :: None.
xbox live or psn: #PCMasterRace

Post by TheMastermindOfMaom »

This pack is the FULL game with mods in it which is...piracy! Reported this pack.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

Post by guru »

I'll have some people scan stream and notify them to not allow the map pack to be uploaded any further. And done :) happy holidays all!!!