Your Favorite Battlefront 2 Mods/Maps

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Your Favorite Battlefront 2 Mods/Maps

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Hello Battlefront modders/community members, today I wanted to ask you all the question posted above. What is your favorite mod/map you have played for Star Wars Battlefront 2? The map does not have to be just one, name the maps that really spoke to you when you were playing through them.

My favorite mod maps from the game would be: Pepperland: Psychedelia, Christmas In Jinglin' Town, Kothlis: Sea Haven (V2.0), any of the Designated Days maps and Mos Eisley Spaceport. These are just some of them, I rather not list them all.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class
Projects :: None.
xbox live or psn: #PCMasterRace

Re: Your Favorite Battlefront 2 Mods/Maps

Post by TheMastermindOfMaom »

Here are some of my favourites: Tattoine At War,Earth:Afghanistan (kept replaying it over and over back then),the Rezzed Maps,the Republic Commando mod,Kothlis:Sea Haven and the list goes on.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

most favourite maps
RAS Prosecutor:
only the map, I dislike the hud. it's on a level somewhere inside the earth while the map is somewhere on the moon. It's a pity that the devs spend so much time and work in the map and did not fix the not visible or floating icons.

Death Start II Throne room:
nothing to complain. It's just a bit too small so that there is no conquest.

most favourite mods
Battlefront Extreme:
I think it doesn't need any explanation. It was the first mod i installed and it would be the last one i remove.

Hero support for AI:
It's great to have one AI on the field that comes a bit "nearer" to my skills ;) (It's up to the Hero/villain)
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

[comment not needed - read the next replies - staff please delete]
Last edited by TheMastermindOfMaom on Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Anakin wrote:most favourite maps
RAS Prosecutor:
only the map, I dislike the hud. it's on a level somewhere inside the earth while the map is somewhere on the moon. It's a pity that the devs spend so much time and work in the map and did not fix the not visible or floating icons.

Death Start II Throne room:
nothing to complain. It's just a bit too small so that there is no conquest.

most favourite mods
Battlefront Extreme:
I think it doesn't need any explanation. It was the first mod i installed and it would be the last one i remove.

Hero support for AI:
It's great to have one AI on the field that comes a bit "nearer" to my skills ;) (It's up to the Hero/villain)
Pretty good picks out of the hundreds of mods/maps there are. I agree that the RAS Prosecutor is a really good map but the HUD as you said are a huge pain. I am not a huge fan of the bigger mods like Battlefront Extreme but that mod was worked on very well, when I did like the mod more, it was probably one of my favorites then!
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

My favorite map was a small map called Rihaken: River of Kashyyyk. It was just a perfect balance of simplicity, fun, and beauty. Hands down the best design for a map I've ever seen.
http://www.gamefront.com/files/11471492 ... hyyyk__1_0_
I also had a blast on Mav's Rebel Ops maps, especially with Dark Times and Converstion pack.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

There's still so many mods I need to try but so far my top favorites have been

BFX 2.2
+123 mod (every mode on all regular maps) mainly because I really like the default game
Any maps by Rends (Mos Eisley Spaceport)
Marvel4 Battlefront 1 conversion pack
Republic Commando pack
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Anakin wrote:RAS Prosecutor:
Off-topic: Tell me, is it like part of your contract to bring up and mention this "issue" every six months or something? :o You act like it's such a real game breaker when only the weapon icons get covered up in first person mode by this "HUD." :) But you're right; the "HUD" wasn't definitely the main focus of the map nor was it a high priority for us. It was merely a novelty feature at the time [in 2011], icing on the cake, if you will. I mean, it's not like the "HUD" was featured in nearly half of the promotional screenshots. :wink:
TheMastermindOfMaom wrote:RAS Prosecutor is a Republic Commando map based on one of the game's levels.
Thanks for the fact check. You sure you still aren't trying to get your rank up? :wink:
Kingpin wrote:I also had a blast on Mav's Rebel Ops maps, especially with Dark Times and Converstion pack.
I agree. I have fond memories of playing these particular maps/mods.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

AQT: Anakin said this about RAS Prosecutor: it's on a level somewhere inside the earth while the map is somewhere on the moon.

That is why I made that comment.

Delete the comment if you want,don't care about my rank.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Oh, I see what you mean now! Thanks for clarifying. :oops: Friendly tip for next time: If you plan on replying to a particular part of another member's post, be sure to specifically address or quote that part in your reply to avoid contextual confusion.

He's not confused as to where the map takes place. He's pretty much saying: On a scale from the core of the Earth to the Moon, the core of the Earth being the worst and the Moon being the best, the "HUD" is somewhere closer to the core of the Earth whereas the map itself is somewhere closer to the Moon. It's just a poetic way of saying how abysmal he thinks the "HUD" is.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

Oh. Phew! (literally!)

I got scared there for a moment :(
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

anthonybf2 wrote:There's still so many mods I need to try but so far my top favorites have been

BFX 2.2
+123 mod (every mode on all regular maps) mainly because I really like the default game
Any maps by Rends (Mos Eisley Spaceport)
Marvel4 Battlefront 1 conversion pack
Republic Commando pack
The 123 Mod is definitely worth the download, I have it myself and still play it here and there when I get bored. The Battlefront 1 conversion pack is really good too, gives the player an old school Battlefront feeling to the game. Mos Eisley Spaceport when I first got into modding was near the top of my favorite list, then I began exploring around for new mods. Republic Commando Pack and BFX are both really good mods as well, they add lots of new units and eras which always is good for the default game!
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

Off topic:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Also, I didn't notice anything wrong with the HUD, and it quite pleasantly reminded me of the classic Republic Commando. :thumbs:
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

AQT wrote:
Anakin wrote:RAS Prosecutor:
Off-topic: Tell me, is it like part of your contract to bring up and mention this "issue" every six months or something? :o You act like it's such a real game breaker when only the weapon icons get covered up in first person mode by this "HUD." :) But you're right; the "HUD" wasn't definitely the main focus of the map nor was it a high priority for us. It was merely a novelty feature at the time [in 2011], icing on the cake, if you will. I mean, it's not like the "HUD" was featured in nearly half of the promotional screenshots. :wink:
TheMastermindOfMaom wrote:RAS Prosecutor is a Republic Commando map based on one of the game's levels.
Thanks for the fact check. You sure you still aren't trying to get your rank up? :wink:
Kingpin wrote:I also had a blast on Mav's Rebel Ops maps, especially with Dark Times and Converstion pack.
I agree. I have fond memories of playing these particular maps/mods.
:mrgreen: still hope you will fix this some when
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Anakin wrote: :mrgreen: still hope you will fix this some when
Oh, I'll do more than just "fix" it. :wink:
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

Woah...new profile picture...
AQT HAS STARTED A NEW PROJECT!
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

AQT wrote:
Anakin wrote: :mrgreen: still hope you will fix this some when
Oh, I'll do more than just "fix" it. :wink:

btw very nice picture
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: WARFRONT + Various Mods for Other Games
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+RC+RTW MTW NTW
xbox live or psn: AlexisVixie

Post by ARC1778 »

TheMastermindOfMaom wrote:Woah...new profile picture...
STAND TO!

For me: BFX, Dark times, and Skin changer are the shiz.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

Same here m8. Until AQT makes the new map,I will stick with all these cool mods.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

ARC1778 wrote:
TheMastermindOfMaom wrote:Woah...new profile picture...
STAND TO!

For me: BFX, Dark times, and Skin changer are the shiz.
Though that looks like the case, AQT is a very busy individual. It would take him a couple (2-3) to many (6+) months to complete the project before he could release it. I personally am a big fan of the work AQT does but I have the patience to wait a year for a new AQT type mod/map to come out. I think he also did a Republic Commando type map called Kashyyyk: Depot. That map is a bunch of fun to this day, I occasionally still play it.