Meshtool GUI

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Meshtool GUI

Post by Anakin »

Hi,

i'm currently working on a little tool that can find all files that belongs to a unit. For example you give the req file and the tool search all odf, msh, tga, option, effect,... files that belongs to the unit and can copy the files to a destination. That way it will be very easy to get a single unit from the stock assets and keep your project folder clean. The project is at its very beginning and at the moment only the menu works. (that's simply the most easy thing XD)

I just wanted to test the menu outside of the IDE and found in the build folder an other older project. Called Meshtool GUI. I wonder what was that, and open it. Seams to be a gui for meshtool. Looks pretty nice, but i cannot remember if it was finished :D
So can anyone remember that i released it?? If so it's pretty sure finished. If not, it isn't and i may first finish that before i continue with the unit search tool.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Re: Meshtool GUI

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

I would love to have that tool, very much. If it's around someone please share it! :thumbs:
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

The meshtool GUI?? or the new one i'm working on?? The meshtool GUI i still have the source. I was just wondering if i already finished and published it.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Well I do not remember every seeing anything like this (millions of map managers, no asset separation apps) If you're making one it will be nice to have.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Personally I'd love to see something as featured and robust as UE4's Content Browser. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTyOLkCOcZY
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

Ok, but last time i tried, i noticed, that i cannot conjure ;)

First of all i wanted to know whether i released the meshtool gui or not, since i haven't found it in the asset link thread. But it is in my dropbox/release folder, so i'm sure i released it.

2nd, i needed a test unit to test my work on the SWBF3 stormtrooper. I don't wanted to copy everything manuell, so i came to the idea with the tool.

3rd, i already thought of an rework of the MeshViewer, but there are no source available -.- and the UE4's content browser is a bit too advanced for me.

4th, i don't know why i got such project ideas always a few weeks before my exams.....
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AceMastermind »

Anakin wrote:The meshtool GUI i still have the source. I was just wondering if i already finished and published it.
No, i'm pretty sure this is as far as you got publicly:

Anakin wrote:were the meshtool source ever released??
Anakin wrote:I need to rebump my (Nedarbs) RCs. The console thing is not very efficient if you need to bump many msh files and for these many tga files.
So i decided to make a GUI that handles the things better. The code is not very good, but i think i'll add all of the mshtool functions to the new program. I hoped i find someone who can make a nice looking Icon for the program.

If you have a nice idea and you are good in PS, gimp, paint.net, creat an icon and send it to me. I'll choose the best one i'll get.
Anakin wrote:I wanted to name it Meshtool, too.
The code is a big Diet Dr Peper! But i got it working now. You can also bump one tga after the other without restarting the program. It'll overwrite the new file. (if you haven't changed it). But for some reason it crashes sometime if you do it too often...
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=23872&p=513102
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

Thanks ace. Than i'll have a look at my source :D