Should I return to modding or release my assets?

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Return to bf2 modding or release my assets?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:19 am

Metalcore Rancor to return to modding
80%
Metalcore Rancor releases his assets
20%

Total votes: 10
MetalcoreRancor
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: swbf origin
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Should I return to modding or release my assets?

Post by MetalcoreRancor »

Kingpin wrote:Welcome back! Aren't you still working on that book? You sent me a chapter awhile back. Hope you keep working on it. Also, if you're releasing any assets, those combos would be great to have.
I'm working on the sequel.

And yes if I upload assets it will involve my combos and anim sets I fitted together through the years.
RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2

Post by RedHardcore »

MetalcoreRancor wrote:I am at a place in my life where I need some kind of creative outlet and could see myself attempting to make a mod map project, but I also can see myself releasing my former maps assets to the public. Both would take a lot of time and effort to do, so I want to see what others thoughts are.

Map asset packs would have props and models from The Zombie Apocalypse series, Rancor Doomstar series, Mistborn and a few others I have still.
-1 for assets, +1 for modding.

If anything, keep modding. Releasing assets would make users either more or less creative, usually less creative tho...
MetalcoreRancor
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

My recent playtime with Fire Emblem fates reminded me of my Fire Emblem concept for swbf2, and it might be the one mod I'd try to do before full retirement. But no promises on anything, I will however likely upload the assets eitherway.
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Engineering Degree

Post by jedimoose32 »

My vote is for getting back into modding. That's what I've done recently myself and I've enjoyed it so much.
Teancum wrote:I've been actively modding for only about two weeks after about three years off and it feels *almost* natural again.
What?? That's awesome! Working on the PS2/Xbox stuff again or something different?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

jedimoose32 wrote:My vote is for getting back into modding. That's what I've done recently myself and I've enjoyed it so much.
Teancum wrote:I've been actively modding for only about two weeks after about three years off and it feels *almost* natural again.
What?? That's awesome! Working on the PS2/Xbox stuff again or something different?
Xbox mod! I don't get as much time to test on the actual Xbox (I have to run it on my modded 360, which is in the master bedroom), but I'm making good progress!
MetalcoreRancor
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I am saddened to announce to all the 2 people who voted for just assets to be released, that I am returning for one more project. It was supposed to be a focus on a conversion mod, but I am fastly lazy-ing myself into a tribute map to my assets, in using them to construct the biggest exploration style adventure I've done. Always wanted to do one, but every time I worked on one it would not work right. I don't know if I can post a WIP topic so soon, or that I should since it looks rather ugly atm.

Also, there are regrettably some assets I won't be uploading, for reasons best left unspecified at the time being.