Star Wars Battlefront III Legacy - Looking for a Mod Team

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Nedarb7
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: The "Battlefront III Project" - Looking for a Mod Team

Post by Nedarb7 »

commanderawesome wrote:
Venator wrote:A while back IIRC it was on Nedarb7's Youtube channel and I saw him working on a weapons/class console where you could switch weapons on the pause menu. I'd love to see this implemented in your mod with BF3 models! :D
That was Glitch.

And I don't think SWBF3 had character customization.
Actually, I was the one working behind the scenes on customization for Glitch: (see video Venator was referring to.)

Still, customization would be pretty cool to see, though SWBF3 may not have had it. Maybe it could be something like Elite Squadron, where there are select amounts of classes that can be changed. On the other hand, it wouldn't be online compatible.
Venator
Private Third Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 DICE SWBF
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Venator »

Thanks Nedarb, that's what I had in mind, wasn't SWBF3 supposed to be a next gen variation of Elite Squadron + a bit of extra content? I know it had some tie-ins with Elite Squadron at least...
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by DylanRocket »

Venator wrote:Thanks Nedarb, that's what I had in mind, wasn't SWBF3 supposed to be a next gen variation of Elite Squadron + a bit of extra content? I know it had some tie-ins with Elite Squadron at least...
Actually, Elite Squadron was the PS2/PSP version of SWBF3. There's tons of evidence, mainly the logos, but if you look into some of the text files with a hex editor, you'll see tons of references to PS2 memory cards. Furthermore, a developer has stated that it was supposed to be the PS2 version and I believe an ex-Free Radical employee confirmed it somewhere.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

I'm a little surprised they didn't just go ahead with the PS2 version and release it as Elite Squadron. It's not as if there's no precedent for having a console franchise title be a spinoff - just look at Battlefield with both Bad Company.

In the end, I'm assuming they merged it with the code for Renegade Squadron though.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class
Projects :: None.
xbox live or psn: #PCMasterRace

Post by TheMastermindOfMaom »

Actually I think Rebellion wanted to complete SWBF3 but because they couldn't understand some stuff in the code,they moved to Elite Squadron.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

TheMastermindOfMaom wrote:Actually I think Rebellion wanted to complete SWBF3 but because they couldn't understand some stuff in the code,they moved to Elite Squadron.
THey would have been working on the PS2 version, though. And that would have been using their own code.

Anyways, I think we should save this discussion for the actual SWBFIII topic and concentrate on this one.

If you want any help, say, extracting anything from the Squadron games, I'll see what I can do with them (I don't think Vjun was in SWBFIII for instance)
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class
Projects :: None.
xbox live or psn: #PCMasterRace

Post by TheMastermindOfMaom »

That would help. If you actually extract it,either PM me or make a thread here: http://commindustries.proboards.com/
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

thank you all for your suggestions. Currently we'll remake the map and sides with stock BF2 mods. Later on we'll add custom things.
DarthDio
Private Third Class
Projects :: 2D Artist for Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: StarWars Battlefront
xbox live or psn: none

Post by DarthDio »

thelegend wrote:
The Battlefront III Project - Looking for a Mod Team

Me and Anakin
Team Graphic:
???
Tasks: new HUD (new weapon icons, minimap, rearrange all elements for better looking)

If you want to join our dev Team, please tell us what job you want.
If you want to help us as a outside collaborator, please tell us, what you are going to do for us.

For more questions feel free to ask. If you would like to contribute to this project feel free to reply to this post.
Well , I have already made most of the HUD which is IDENTICAL to the one in BF3 , I didn't know you guys were going to do this afterall but I'm gald that you will.
The legend , I sent you a few messages on skype about Coruscant since I'm still blocked by Gametoast (isn't there a way for you to finally whitelist me)?

Anyway , if you need HUD , el_fabricio visit Skype.

And Anakin I wish the best of luck to both of you , make us proud , BRING BACK BF3 in BF2!
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

DarthDio wrote: Well , I have already made most of the HUD which is IDENTICAL to the one in BF3 , I didn't know you guys were going to do this afterall but I'm gald that you will.
The legend , I sent you a few messages on skype about Coruscant since I'm still blocked by Gametoast (isn't there a way for you to finally whitelist me)?

Anyway , if you need HUD , el_fabricio visit Skype.

And Anakin I wish the best of luck to both of you , make us proud , BRING BACK BF3 in BF2!
Thank you very much for your interest in helping us. I already saw them and I really like them. I added you to the list.
skleidar
1st Warning
Games I'm Playing :: star wars battlefron

Post by skleidar »

any new videos about the map ?
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

skleidar wrote:any new videos about the map ?
Well...
Hidden/Spoiler:
Time: 9:01 P.M.
It might be the best to wait a little bit more :wink:
skleidar
1st Warning

Post by skleidar »

oh cool thanks
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

What do you think about this project logo?

I'd like to take a screenshot from the finished Coruscant map for background, so it's about the font.

@Staff: what font have you used for the GT banner?? I'd like to take the same for the gametoast text.
Hidden/Spoiler:
skleidar
1st Warning

Post by skleidar »

cool logo maybe you should use it for the mod main menu
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Anakin wrote:What do you think about this project logo?
Hidden/Spoiler:
"BATTLEFRONT" should have thicker/more opaque shadowing so it's more legible against the "III" Roman numerals. If you do make those changes, I'd advise making the same changes to the other text and whatnot for the sake of consistency.
Anakin wrote:I'd like to take a screenshot from the finished Coruscant map for background, so it's about the font.
I personally don't think the *logo* should have any sort of background, but rather just be completely transparent. For a Mod DB banner image, though, (or other promotional images) you should totally have a background. :)

Additionally, what are your thoughts for the project's final name? Personally, I don't think "Battlefront III" is a very good name because it might confuse people, so "Battlefront III Project" or something close to that might stick the best. In the logo itself, I think it might be better if you ditch the "STAR WARS" and "GAMETOAST" text altogether, simply because a) the word "Battlefront" alone will be obvious enough to most players that it's a Star Wars project, and b) it just doesn't make much sense to include our forum's name, especially seeing as how it's not like the project's name is "Star Wars Battlefront III Gametoast" or something like that lol. :lol:

So with all that said, the text in the logo should really only contain the project's name, whatever it ends up being.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

What about "Battlefront III Legacy"?
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

Marth8880 wrote:
Anakin wrote:What do you think about this project logo?
Hidden/Spoiler:
"BATTLEFRONT" should have thicker/more opaque shadowing so it's more legible against the "III" Roman numerals. If you do make those changes, I'd advise making the same changes to the other text and whatnot for the sake of consistency.
Yes i think you are right. I'll change the shadow.
Marth8880 wrote:
Anakin wrote:I'd like to take a screenshot from the finished Coruscant map for background, so it's about the font.
I personally don't think the *logo* should have any sort of background, but rather just be completely transparent. For a Mod DB banner image, though, (or other promotional images) you should totally have a background. :)
That's the plan
Marth8880 wrote: Additionally, what are your thoughts for the project's final name? Personally, I don't think "Battlefront III" is a very good name because it might confuse people, so "Battlefront III Project" or something close to that might stick the best. In the logo itself, I think it might be better if you ditch the "STAR WARS" and "GAMETOAST" text altogether, simply because a) the word "Battlefront" alone will be obvious enough to most players that it's a Star Wars project, and b) it just doesn't make much sense to include our forum's name, especially seeing as how it's not like the project's name is "Star Wars Battlefront III Gametoast" or something like that lol. :lol:

So with all that said, the text in the logo should really only contain the project's name, whatever it ends up being.
this design is a hint at this logo:
Hidden/Spoiler:
whereas the III is a hint at the old SWBFII logo.

you see the title is not Star Wars Battlefront EA, although they have EA in the Logo ;)

@ggctuk: we already had SWBF Legacy in mind. So i'm sure it'll be one of the favourites.

==EDIT==

new concept:
Hidden/Spoiler:
DarthDio
Private Third Class
Projects :: 2D Artist for Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: StarWars Battlefront
xbox live or psn: none

Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Legacy - Looking for a Mod Tea

Post by DarthDio »

Cool stuff , haven't talked to you guys in weeks! Hit me up on Discord or Skype if you need anything.