Just imagine

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Just imagine

Post by RedHardcore »

I would just imagine if Pandemic Studios came back from the dust and shocked the world with a brand new Star Wars Battlefront game. The game would have way more respect then EA/Dice's take on Star Wars Battlefront. I could imagine a super high graphics battlefront that inherits from the original 2 battlefronts (and maybe some new units and maps and a few new mechanics).
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Just imagine

Post by Marth8880 »

EA Battlefront has plenty of *respect*, it's just that it lacks depth. People seem to forget that EA Battlefront is a *reboot* of the franchise, not a continuation of it.

But yes, that would be pretty nice haha. Pretty sure most of the Pandemic devs are at BioWare though (or at least that's where they went after Pandemic was dissolved).
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

Marth8880 wrote:....it's just that it lacks depth.
this
RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2

Post by RedHardcore »

Marth8880 wrote:EA Battlefront has plenty of *respect*, it's just that it lacks depth. People seem to forget that EA Battlefront is a *reboot* of the franchise, not a continuation of it.

But yes, that would be pretty nice haha. Pretty sure most of the Pandemic devs are at BioWare though (or at least that's where they went after Pandemic was dissolved).
Every game has respect. Its just that many people have bashed about how it doesn't resemble the original battlefront, despite its a reboot and how its too much like a cloned battlefield (that doesn't mean that I agree with them).
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

RedHardcore wrote:and how its too much like a cloned battlefield (that doesn't mean that I agree with them).
Yep, nobody realizes that Pandemic's original concept of Battlefront was supposed to essentially be Battlefield with a Star Wars skin. And with that said, the early Battlefield games (specifically Battlefield 2) were MUCH better than SWBF1 and SWBF2 ever were lol (ignoring mods).
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: TOR GCWII GCW1035 BF1035
xbox live or psn: Johnny_Sciroppo

Post by Delta-1035 »

Marth8880 wrote:
RedHardcore wrote:and how its too much like a cloned battlefield (that doesn't mean that I agree with them).
Yep, nobody realizes that Pandemic's original concept of Battlefront was supposed to essentially be Battlefield with a Star Wars skin. And with that said, the early Battlefield games (specifically Battlefield 2) were MUCH better than SWBF1 and SWBF2 ever were lol (ignoring mods).
If EA's Battlefront had been a copy of Battlefield 3-4 with sw skins, I would have been way more happy with the game. (classes, weapon costumization, vehicles...)
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

The idea's neat but wasn't Pandemic absorbed by EA, meaning that even if the studio came back, they'd be under the same rules as DICE?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

I think the appeal of Pandemic's SWBF vs EA's is that there's almost an arcadey-ness to it. It's very easy to pick up and play, just like Battlefield 1942 was. Graphically it's presented in a style that will stay acceptable to players for years to come. Even though it's a product of the hardware of its time, it has its own sort of art style. EA's plays much more into the modern Battlefield style, which is grittier, and leans more towards a realistic instead of arcade feel. It's visuals are, quite frankly, cutting edge, so it too shines.

But there's a charm to Pandemic's games that still pulls me in today. And let's be honest, they don't have heaps of depth, either. Kill bad guys, capture command posts. The variety to me (number of maps, mods) coupled with the way the games felt hooked me in. The new game is downright gorgeous visually, and has some amazing technical aspects. With all the DLC that's been released it now has the variety. Still, it doesn't have that feel that keeps me coming back. I might pick up some sort of "Battlefront Collection" if they ever release it with all DLC, but the time I've had with it got old quickly.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

ggctuk wrote:The idea's neat but wasn't Pandemic absorbed by EA, meaning that even if the studio came back, they'd be under the same rules as DICE?
Indeed they were. A lot of Pandemic's employees were hired into BioWare to help produce the first Mass Effect. As for what'd happen if the studio were to be revived, what do you mean exactly? Which rules? :o