SWBF DVD menu resolution

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

SWBF DVD menu resolution

Post by Anakin »

Hey there,

i just found out that there is a way for an higher resolution of the main menu. Well it doesn't work 100%, but maybe someone of you has an idea about how to fix it
Hidden/Spoiler:
you just need to start your game with \resolution 1920 1080

I already tried 1024 780 for a higher resolution but with the same aspect ration, but didn't worked.
Spiret
Private

Re: SWBF DVD menu resolution

Post by Spiret »

Look at source code of shell.lvl. Almost all positions and sizes of main menu elements are constant. Main menu is designed only for 800x600 resolution. The '\resolution' launch parameter and some others like '\bots' came from server executable.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

We can reprogram the shell to account for widescreen resolutions. It's the ratio that's a bigger concern (4:3 vs 16:9). Some sections of the shell account for widescreen, but others do not. Might be something to add to Unofficial Patch 1.3.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

that would be nice. But it's not only the ratio. Try 1440x1080 it's the same bug. everything that is bigger then 1024x780

==EDIT==

Does anyone know where the top of the menu (close, minimize, "Profile:", "Star Wars Battlefront II v1.1") is defined??

The profile screen is already done and works perfectly on 1920x1080 and the default resolution of the debugger.
Hidden/Spoiler:

==EDIT==

I'm still trying to fix those instant action buttons and the top buttons.

This code:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[code]if IFButton_fnSetSize then
print("YEEESSS")

FullHD_BackUpFunction = IFButton_fnSetSize

IFButton_fnSetSize = function(...)
local temp = arg[1]
if temp.label.string == "ifs.main.sp" then
print(">>>>>", arg[2])
arg[2] = 50
end
return FullHD_BackUpFunction(unpack(arg))
end

else
print("NOOOOO")
end[/code]
just changed the button's name that now can no longer be displayed correctly and the hit box is now the yellow part. But nothing else changed. Any ideas how to resize the REAL button?
This founding may helps to fix the wrong hit boxes in the high. It's not exact for the fullscreen mod.
Hidden/Spoiler: