Patch 1.1 Installation

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

TheLazyMetalhead
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Patch 1.1 Installation

Post by TheLazyMetalhead »

So, my battlefront is only on the 1.0 update (I didn’t download it through steam because steam gave me some issues) and whenever I try to install the 1.1 patch, it tells me that it either can’t find battlefront 2 and that I need to reinstall the cd-rom, or it will tell me that my version of battlefront 2 is not compatible with the update. The response I get depends on which type of update I use. 2 give me the second response and one of them gives me the first response. How can I install this update?
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Re: Patch 1.1 Installation

Post by Anakin »

what version have you installed? CD, DVD or GOG if you do not use steam?
TheLazyMetalhead
Recruit Womprat Killer

Anakin wrote:what version have you installed? CD, DVD or GOG if you do not use steam?
I use a version from FullyPcGames.com. I have no idea what version that would be. I would assume the CD version or the DVD version. It has a key for it.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

It looks like that's just a pirated version of the game.
TheLazyMetalhead
Recruit Womprat Killer

Maveritchell wrote:It looks like that's just a pirated version of the game.
I have no idea. I’m just trying to find a way to get it fixed. Also, I got it confused with a different version that I downloaded. It’s still from FullyPcGames, but it doesn’t have the CD key and all that. If I knew about a way to show a picture I would.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

I mean, did you pay for the game? I didn't try to download anything from that site to confirm my guess; it looked super-sketchy and it looked like everything on there was just cracks of PC games. If it's a pirated game, you're out of luck.
TheLazyMetalhead
Recruit Womprat Killer

Maveritchell wrote:I mean, did you pay for the game? I didn't try to download anything from that site to confirm my guess; it looked super-sketchy and it looked like everything on there was just cracks of PC games. If it's a pirated game, you're out of luck.
No I didn’t pay. That sucks. Is there anywhere I can go? I already paid on steam but whenever I go to enter a vehicle, it gives me a weird bug. I’d rather not pay for the same game again. I’ve also heard about torrents but those easily put bugs on your computer.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

TheLazyMetalhead wrote:
Maveritchell wrote:I mean, did you pay for the game? I didn't try to download anything from that site to confirm my guess; it looked super-sketchy and it looked like everything on there was just cracks of PC games. If it's a pirated game, you're out of luck.
No I didn’t pay. That sucks. Is there anywhere I can go? I already paid on steam but whenever I go to enter a vehicle, it gives me a weird bug. I’d rather not pay for the same game again. I’ve also heard about torrents but those easily put bugs on your computer.
Even if you did get the cracked old version working, it's obsolete. You're better off working to get your Steam version fixed which is automatically fully updated with the most available features.
TheLazyMetalhead
Recruit Womprat Killer

AnthonyBF2 wrote:
TheLazyMetalhead wrote:
Even if you did get the cracked old version working, it's obsolete. You're better off working to get your Steam version fixed which is automatically fully updated with the most available features.
I’ve done everything I could for that. I think some of the files from when I download it are corrupted or something like that. When I try to enter a vehicle, it freezes my game with a green text box with some code in it. I have no idea what caused it. I’ve tried reinstalling several times. I’ve even reinstalled steam then installed the game again. Nothing has worked.