Remove shadows

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

nobody3
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Remove shadows

Post by nobody3 »

I can't remove shadows of mos eisley buildings I tried using blender to export new meshes with "tex face" button on but it didn't remove them it just made them black. Is there some easy way to remove the shadows that I'm not aware of? I tried messing with ingame video settings, zero editor lighting and I disabled effect shadows inside tat2.fx file but the shadows are persistent :( Please help, thanks
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Re: Remove shadows

Post by MileHighGuy »

go into a modeling program and remove the shadowvolume from the msh. make sure there is no msh.option file with -hiresshadow.

To remove all shadows you can go into the fx file and under shadows make intensity 1.0.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

Removing the sv will not help for big objects. I have a shadow or a unit (just a black circle), but there is no sv and no hireshadow
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

I have successfully removed shadows from objects before, big or small, and they no longer show up when shadows are set on low or high. Units, on the other hand, will still have a low resolution shadow show up when shadows are set on low, regardless of whether or not they had a shadow to begin with.

Using a hex editor to remove the shadow MODL chunk from a model would be another good/easy method.
nobody3
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by nobody3 »

I tried hexeditor thing and I just removed anything that had word "shadow" in it (well I changed it to 00's) but when munging I got modelmunge error or something and then the objects disappeared from game lol
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

It would be best to just remove the chunk completely.

If you want to, just follow this tutorial with the following modifications:
  • For Step 2, open up the model in which you want to remove the shadow from instead, obviously.
  • For Step 3, the NAME should have either shadow or sv_ in it.
  • For Step 5, instead of Ctrl + C, do Ctrl + X instead to remove/cut.
  • Skip Step 6.
  • For Step 7 and Step 8, change those + (addition) signs to - (subtraction) signs.