How do I add a custom game mode that uses a different map?

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

How do I add a custom game mode that uses a different map?

Post by SkinnyODST »

Is there a tutorial out there somewhere that will teach me how to add a custom game mode that uses a different version of a map?
Oceans14
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Athenova Campaign
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Re: How do I add a custom game mode that uses a different ma

Post by Oceans14 »

Not 100% sure what you're asking. You mean like in battlefield where you can choose 16, 32, or 64 player maps and each one is slightly different (i.e. 16 confines you to a smaller area)? You can do that by adding game modes in ZE, and having each mode have a layer with a different sized boundary.
SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by SkinnyODST »

Oceans14 wrote:Not 100% sure what you're asking. You mean like in battlefield where you can choose 16, 32, or 64 player maps and each one is slightly different (i.e. 16 confines you to a smaller area)? You can do that by adding game modes in ZE, and having each mode have a layer with a different sized boundary.
Kind of yeah, like for example: My standard map has 6 CP`s, one of them spawns in a 3rd team. I`m asking how I would make a game mode that uses the same map, just with say, 5 CP`s instead of 6. Really - Conquest = map. Custom gamemode = altered version of map, so like with some more props/less or more CP`s than in Conquest.
Oceans14
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Athenova Campaign
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by Oceans14 »

Yup, that's exactly what layers are for. You could do all your terrain and major props in the base layer and then all the other stuff in additional layers. Open up some of the stock maps in ZE and you'll notice how special objects for campaign missions are in a different layer than objects for conquest or ctf. In some cases you'll even see like 3 CPs all clustered together, because each one is separately used in it's respective mode.