Add wind effect and curve to rain?

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Add wind effect and curve to rain?

Post by SkinnyODST »

2 Rain related questions to make my map more...
Hidden/Spoiler:
1. How do I add the wind effect to rain that Kamino has? Where it seems like the rain is getting blown around. It`s also in Kothlis Sea Haven.

2. How do I make the rain fall curved to the side rather than it falling straight down?

(I`m basically trying to recreate GAB`s Kothlis: Sea Haven`s heavy rain setting, it`s so cool looking!)

Thanks.
GAB
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: Add wind effect and curve to rain?

Post by GAB »

Get the source files of Kothlis: Sea Haven to see how everything was done. All you'll basically need are a few wind and preciptation related lines of code on your .fx file and some objects that spawn dust effects that are used to make the rain spray.
SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Add wind effect and curve to rain?

Post by SkinnyODST »

GAB wrote:Get the source files of Kothlis: Sea Haven to see how everything was done. All you'll basically need are a few wind and preciptation related lines of code on your .fx file and some objects that spawn dust effects that are used to make the rain spray.
Thanks! However it`s most likely because my computer is horrible that every time I try to load up the wld file ZE crashes, but I can still access the fx files and whatnot. Thanks again!