Series of unfortunate events (Broken map)

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

iamastupid
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal
Projects :: Not Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft
xbox live or psn: d_Bro

Series of unfortunate events (Broken map)

Post by iamastupid »

I've broken the BF3: Tatooine map
Alright, so here's the story:
Everything in my map is going fine, added KotOR era for conquest, ctf, 2-flag and Hero Assault. - Everything is working fine
So I began adding KotOR capital ships in space for Space to ground KotOR, the leviathan cruisers were crashing ModelMunge.exe causing incomplete munging so I deleted them.
After that failed attempt that I was just gonna go back to at a later date I added Hunt, Hunt worked. However after playing with the Hunt mode for a while I tried to run Conquest, it didn't work. None of the Conquest eras worked. (I have era specific layers, adding the capital ships and I thought since Clone Wars was the only one with them and I had added a lot more then the last update shown for the map) but alas it was not the case.
:faint:
So, I looked long and hard for any reason for which Conquest should be crashing and found nothing, so I decided to do a Clean Munge to see if it would just work itself out.
Now I've got ModelMunge.exe crashing on models which have always worked in the past until now, unchanged.
I do think I know what models are at fault or model.... Here's where I am stuck, the model in question is the background terrain, it crashes zero editor so I placed it randomly and made it appear as a cube in ZE, if I delete the model to try and get munge to work I lose it's position, which will be a pain to get back, also I am under the fear conquest will still not work. Anyone got anyway of helping me out of this predicament?
Anyone know what was wrong with Conquest? Or a fix for modelmunge?
ARCTroopaNate
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront - Tides of War
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 RC EAW
xbox live or psn: I have ps4

Re: Series of unfortunate events (Broken map)

Post by ARCTroopaNate »

Could you post your Bfront2 log (error log)?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Check this topic for how to do a manual clean. If a munge is stopped or it crashes issues occur that can't be fixed until a manual clean.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9961
iamastupid
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal
Projects :: Not Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft
xbox live or psn: d_Bro

Post by iamastupid »

Slowly fixing my issues with the map, finally fixed the first one however now I have an issue, Conquest on all eras crashes when loaded into the map, any ideas?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Please post your debug log (BFront2.log). If you don't know how to output this file, see question #4 here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13806