Make a mod map a part of the "base game"?

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

SG-17
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Make a mod map a part of the "base game"?

Post by SG-17 »

Is there a way to add a new map to the game without having it go in the add-on folder? Basically make the game think it's a stock map?
SleepKiller
Corporal
Corporal
xbox live or psn: N/A

Re: Make a mod map a part of the "base game"?

Post by SleepKiller »

Yes, but it would be a bad practise to make a mod with. You should probably specify what your design goals and requirements for your mod are, because in most cases bypassing the addon system is going to be a very bad idea and there is likely a better solution out there :).
SG-17
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by SG-17 »

I want to make a mod for the PS2, which as far as I know doesn't support the addon system but does support additional maps beyond the stock if added by bypassing the addon system.
SleepKiller
Corporal
Corporal
xbox live or psn: N/A

Post by SleepKiller »

Ah yeah, console mod, you should've mentioned that in the first place. If I recall correctly you'll need to do the following.

First get a replacement a complete mission.lvl munging for the game, once you have that you're mission scripts go in there. Then you'll also need to munge a replacement shell.lvl and either setup a script to execute that adds maps to the mission list like addme scripts do or directly add your maps to missionlist.lua.

After that you'll have to find a way to add your localization strings, either through creating a new core.lvl with them in or through creating a custom lvl with them in and loading that up somehow. And that should be all I think, good luck and have fun, I understand console modding can be quite finicky at times.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

I can walk you through it. Post a message on the SWBF PSP discord so I remember