Adjusting Sides' Textures

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Private
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Adjusting Sides' Textures

Postby F1ghter16 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:58 am

So this may be a long explanation, but I'll do my best to make it understandable.

I'm not very familiar with a side's lvl script. I have the rep.lvl and repshell.lvl scripts for three different stages of a map. I liked the clones' textures for the first version, but the weapons were not the best. The second version has the weapons I like, but the textures of the troops changed to something I don't like. Is there a way to adjust the textures of the troops WITHOUT adjusting their weapon characteristics. I have the feeling it is not possible/complicated, but I figured I'd ask those who know more than me. Thanks in advance!

Lance Corporal
Projects :: A New Frontier Era Mod
Games I'm Playing :: All teh BFs

Re: Adjusting Sides' Textures

Postby Calrissian97 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:09 pm

If you make the models use Override Texture, you can change their texture instantly at any time to any other loaded texture.

Private
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Adjusting Sides' Textures

Postby F1ghter16 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:37 pm

Calrissian97 wrote:If you make the models use Override Texture, you can change their texture instantly at any time to any other loaded texture.

I've never heard of this "Override Texture". What exactly is it?

Return to SWBF2 Modding