ZE unwanted rotation

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Oceans14
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Athenova Campaign
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

ZE unwanted rotation

Post by Oceans14 »

I don't really know how else to title this. Basically whenever I move an object in ZE with the C + L/M/RMB controls, the object also starts rotating very slowly around the y-axis. It's been happening since I started using my current modding computer and I just put up with it, but now I need to very precisely place objects and can't have them doing the ballet on me.

I've linked a video of the problem. In it, all I'm doing is pressing C+MMB. No mouse movement or anything.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/47cghu9us6yvd ... 9.flv?dl=0

If anyone else has run into this I'd be interested to hear if you were able to fix it.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: ZE unwanted rotation

Post by Marth8880 »

This happens for me as well, and unfortunately I know of no way to fix it. :( However, a workaround for if you're working with carefully-aligned props is to snap the rotation back to normal once you're done working with it.
Oceans14
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Athenova Campaign
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Re: ZE unwanted rotation

Post by Oceans14 »

Bummer, ok. Your fix makes sense, plus I've been trying to use the "P" advanced placement box as much as possible.

One interesting note is that back when I modded on a laptop this didn't happen.