I have an error with a hero that I want to add

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

ZZ09
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 2005
xbox live or psn: Steam: LA Z

I have an error with a hero that I want to add

Post by ZZ09 »

I have an error with a hero, in this case it is bossk since I add it to the game and when the imperial voice is about to say that there is an allied hero in the field, I crash and this message appears "Weapon 'imp_weap_hero_bossk' is not localized for stats page "and I don't know how to fix it. I am using the maveritchell bossk and a sereja´s model rifle weapon. From already thank you very much! Sorry for my bad english
Message Severity: 2
C:\Battlefront2\main\Battlefront2\Source\Weapon.cpp(82)
Weapon 'imp_weap_hero_bossk' is not localized for stats page
Sporadia
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently
Games I'm Playing :: None
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: I have an error with a hero that I want to add

Post by Sporadia »

The error message you've posted normally comes up when a unit or it's weapon hasn't been localized. When you make a new unit for the first time, it's name and all of it's weapons will show up ingame as a string of random characters until you name everything properly with the editlocalize tool. I'm not used to it causing crashes so I'm suspicious your problem might be caused by something else. Either way, there's a good localization section in the sticky: http://gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13806

'Using the Localize Tool' explains how to use editlocalize. If you make sure Bossk has a localize key, and any original weapon odfs of his also have localize keys, then the error message should go away and you'll know if it was causing the crash.

If you think everything is localized already, double check that core.lvl is being read at the end of your addme. The line should be there by default.
ReadDataFile("..\\..\\addon\\ABC\\data\\_LVL_PC\\core.lvl")
ZZ09
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 2005
xbox live or psn: Steam: LA Z

Re: I have an error with a hero that I want to add

Post by ZZ09 »

Thank you very much, rename the files and it worked !!
But now the game closes when I start the map where I test the unit, without saying any error the BFront2

What may be happening now?